Posts created by ZuluDawn13

posted in Mystery of the Ancients: Lockwood Manor on Oct 20, 11 1:41 AM

Waited for the SE and really enjoyed this game with heaps to do.

Puzzles were interesting and fun.

Graphics were great I really enjoyed looking at all the scenery.

The Occult type theme could be a bit scary for children however.

I had hours of fun and no technical hitches or problems.

The only thing I would say to Devs is please not SO many Hidden Object Scenes next time.

BUT I am very Pleased there were NO big smacks for people overclicking!! I think Devs now realise we are not all children and need a whack or a paint bomb in the face just for Overclicking.. thank you.

I would be happy to buy the follow up game when it comes out.

Thanks BF and Devs.

posted in Voodoo Chronicles: The First Sign on Oct 14, 11 1:11 AM
Fairly basic game.

Music, Grahphics, Sound ok.

Scenery ok. Puzzles ok.

Many Hidden Object Scenes and same pages. Items not too hard to find though.

Characters not too intelligent.

Detective Voodoo speaks to other characters in a lame manner.

Its just too easy and I guess the game could be more suitable for children under 12 or so.

Hope I'm not being too harsh but this was my experience and other people may well think otherwise - enjoy to those who do..

posted in The Three Musketeers: D'Artagnan and the 12 Jewels on Oct 10, 11 11:15 PM
Hdo!!

Hdo is a 'game developer'.

Hdo games are fine if you are blessed with infinite patience and dón't suffer with motion sickness. Its a personal choice of course.

I find that in general, Hdo have a long way to go to meet the high standards of ERS, Elephant Games, Alawar and many other quality game developers.

sunidayz wrote:At first I wasn't sure , but as I got into the game , I really enjoyed it. The graphics and music were good as well as the gameplay. There were a lot of ****'s and not too many minigames during the time I played (which wasn't long , because I finished the demo with 30 mins left to spare!! That still pisses me off. They say you have 60 mins of free time, you should get 60 mins. These developers now stop there games at a specific point, which I think is unfair. Anyone agree with me here?)
Anyway, sorry to go off on a tangent, but I really liked this game and I would rate it a 9 out of 10.

Well not that impressed for a CE too many HOS for a start.

I so Agree that with 40 minutes left of the Demo time - the game closed and invited me to play - With No Time Limits - I got back into Game Manager and thought I'd try to get the remaining time and restarted the game.

It said I had to Create Another Profile - then just go over what I had already played!

No Way Hozay - just because of that, I will not buy it. We are promised 60 minutes and that's what I expect especially when deciding to buy an CE .

Not too impressed with this CE.

The artwork is a little underwhelming.
Music ok.
MiniGames ok.

One feature in the Many Hidden Object Scenes was Extremely Annoying.

I do NOT like having Purple Paint Splashed on the Screen as a Penalty for Overclicking in the Hidden Object scenes. x 5

When will Developers realise we DO NOT want to be penalised for overclicking - what could they possibly gain from this feature but only to Annoy us to pieces.

Besides, the Hidden Objects were way too difficult to see.
I think there were too many Hidden Object scenes - it was like a Hidden Object game with a few bits of adventure thrown in.

During the Adventure part, I found it a bit puzzling to work out what to do next and how objects were used together to create or destroy something.

Well, I don't know if I want to finish playing this game it is way too frustrating.

Looking back on what I've been talking about, my guess is that I am extremely annoyed with the Overclicking Penalty - that did it for me..

posted in Voodoo Chronicles: The First Sign Collector's Edition on Sep 15, 11 1:25 AM
Good sound, music ok, voices good, puzzles ok.

There's something about this game that seems clumsy or clunky.

Too many Hidden Object scenes with too much to pick up in each one. Seemed like a Hidden Object game with a few interactive bits thrown in.

I think I'd buy the SE with a Credit instead.

I thoroughly enjoyed this top quality game - the Artwork, Music, Voices, Sounds, Gameplay including the Map was so helpful. The Story was interesting and the characters were well crafted.

The length of the game provided many hours of fun and the Puzzles were great too, all required some thought.

The Bonus game was excellent and you did not skimp on quality this was as good as the rest of the game. You left me wanting more!

As a Minor criticism, some items in the Hidden Object Scenes were difficult to find and I needed to use Hints to get them. Also some items, for example, Gourd - I did not know what they were.

In total, I am already looking forward to the next Chapter in this wonderful game so I hope it won't be too long to wait.. Thank You and Congratulations to all the people involved in the creation of this beautiful game. x5

posted in Lost Souls: Enchanted Paintings Collector's Edition on Sep 6, 11 3:03 AM
I thought this was a beautiful game all round but and its a deciding but...

I felt kind of disconnected from the game in the sense that, once a particular scene was fully investigated, the player is told to go Back To The Map - then you pick out the next scene to investigate.. and so on for each scene..

I guess I don't want to wear out all my running shoes in some games But - I do enjoy going from one room or building to another in a fluid kind of way - its like you are progressing thru the game rather than being jolted out of the atmosphere you are enjoying and being sent Back To The Map.

What a pity its a lovely game just the gameplay was the issue that made it a No Buy as a CE for me.

posted in My Kingdom for the Princess III on Aug 31, 11 3:47 AM
I loved the first two episodes and nearly bought this one without trialling it first.

What has put me off the game a bit is that the developers have retained that stupid bash the animals feature in the game - you know bash 40 wolves to get to the next level.

I do not like this feature for two reasons -

1. I have osteoarthritis and cannot manage to move my cursor quick enough..
2. I do not like to bash animals in any game. x5

Apart from that, I really like this game and maybe there is a FIX so we do not have to bash anything at all, just use our strategy skills which is much more enjoyable.

posted in Around the World in Eighty Days: The Challenge on Aug 23, 11 4:32 AM
Utter Rubbish. x 5

posted in Sonya Collector's Edition on Aug 22, 11 3:32 AM
A good quality game with great graphics and sound.

However.....

I did not expect to be presented with so MANY Hidden Object scenes in a CE during the TRIAL version so thought no way will I want to be picking up objects endlessly.

I do agree with other fishies that this genre may be coming to an end as there's only so many locked doors and chests etc, finding matches for lights, crowbars etc. that keeps games fresh or exciting.

I think the running around feature in this genre of games is also something that needs Updating so people can simply open a Map and Point to where they need to go next, or back to.

I believe we deserve something out of the box technically so to speak to warrant paying CE price.

We need something fresh and new and value for money.

Developers, Blue Tea Games are real winners all round!

Rather than try to describe all the great features of this game, I think I could safely say, Just Buy Blue Tea Games - they are the leaders - a lot of developers could take Blue Tea Games as the Gold Standard to improve their own games.

The graphics, music, gameplay, puzzles, story and length of game are ALL awesome.

I will look forward to the next and the next and the next games from these developers - bring it on, worth every cent. THANK YOU BLUE TEA GAMES!

posted in The Lost City: Chapter One on Jul 27, 11 1:35 AM
Too frustrating!

Hint system is not helpful and just states the obvious - help your dad - mmm.

Figured that's what we had to do but first you are stuck inside a car with not much help on how you get out.

I did figure that out and entered the code into the door lock at the building, ok we are in. The game did not improve much after that but I did continue with it until time ran out.

Overall, I guess its worth a Credit or a DD.

Mediocre.

posted in Millennium Secrets: Roxanne's Necklace on Jul 24, 11 7:43 PM
Thank You for a very enjoyable game.

I liked the music, voices, animations, artwork and storyline including the new twist on puzzles.

A couple of small criticisms would be that the Hidden Objects were, at times, difficult to see (in my case).

Also, a Penalty for Overclicking in the Hidden Objects scenes - I think this is an old fashioned idea some game designer dreamed up and many other developers did the same thing - my question is - why spoil the players enjoyment of the game with silly penalties - how do developers gain from this feature. I feel frustrated and not enjoying the game when my game play is stopped for a few seconds and the screen becomes difficult to look at.

I am looking forward to the next Millennium Secrets game!

posted in Millennium Secrets: Roxanne's Necklace on Jul 24, 11 7:43 PM
Thank You for a very enjoyable game.

I liked the music, voices, animations, artwork and storyline including the new twist on puzzles.

A couple of small criticisms would be that the Hidden Objects were, at times, difficult to see (in my case).

Also, a Penalty for Overclicking in the Hidden Objects scenes - I think this is an old fashioned idea some game designer dreamed up and many other developers did the same thing - my question is - why spoil the players enjoyment of the game with silly penalties - how do developers gain from this feature. I feel frustrated and not enjoying the game when my game play is stopped for a few seconds and the screen becomes difficult to look at.

I am looking forward to the next Millennium Secrets game!

posted in A Vampire Romance: Paris Stories on Jul 19, 11 1:42 AM
OMG!! What can I say to this "game" - what game?

This latest offering from BF is annoying and cheap.

I felt sea-sick at the first scene with everything moving about when I moved the cursor.

Then we are presented with a map depicting a thousand railway lines (cartoon style) its our job to find Line 1, Line 10, Line.... well you get the idea.

I persevered to give it a fair go and it just gets Worse. Frustrating even.

Do we have to wait to this Thursday for a decent Hidden Object Adventure game - will this be the trend? I am so disappointed.

I am a regular customer and Member of BF but I am also becoming Disenchanted With The Latest Offerings from BF - I WANT to buy games but am not able to.. will things improve??

posted in Timeless: The Forgotten Town Collector's Edition on Jul 10, 11 3:33 AM
Beautiful Grahphics in opening scenes and throughout the trial game.

Thought there were way too many Hidden Object scenes which were a mix of named, and silhouettes type items to find.

One huge gripe I do have with most Developers including this new one is that there is a PENALTY for Overclicking in Hidden Object scenes. Why is this the case Developers???
Please stop this feature.

Any games I find with Exploding, Circling, Cracking, Exploding, Smoking or any other silly Cursor Penalty make me very annoyed, dizzy and crosseyed which reduces my enjoyment of the game.

We are not kids so we don't need a smack if we overclick.

Anyway, it seems to me to be a lot of looking for Hidden Object stuff and I think I might just sit this one out and wait for the SE.

I don't think paying three times as much for an extra chapter in this CE is warranted.

After a few short hours I have nearly finished the Bonus Chapter.

Good game but a lot of the scenery is not as interactive as I had hoped.

The puzzles are fairly standard and can be skipped plus sparkles appear to let you know what to do - or look at next.

Not as good as Nightmare Realm for a CE.

I don't think it was worth the price now I've played it.

posted in Mystery of the Missing Brigantine on Jun 29, 11 1:42 AM
Thought I would enjoy this game but the cursor is so sluggish - it feels like I'm trying to point to things underwater and makes gameplay a chore to get around. zzz

I have Vista and all programs etc closed to try and overcome the sluggish cursor but to no avail.

There is no choice in Settings to go to a System Cursor instead of Game Cursor.

If there is a fix for the Cursor I'd be glad to give the game another go.

posted in Tales From The Dragon Mountain: The Strix on Jun 27, 11 4:28 AM
Thank You for this thought provoking game.

I like that we need to think what to do next.
I like the Options of difficulty levels available to choose from.
I like the Music and Graphics.

I do not like the Match Three puzzles.
I do not like all the Talking.

I found some items very difficult to See to pick up.

All in all, a lovely Short game which I decided to purchase.

Go to:   

KEY:    Unread    Read    Sticky    Locked    Announcement    Moved    Moderator