Posts created by DonnyDJ

posted in Farm Craft 2 on Jun 2, 10 1:48 AM
Like most of the posters below, Farm Craft 2 does not work for me and I get the same error message that the *exe file stopped working. I tried turning my user account control on and off but no luck. I have Windows Vista.

Don

posted in Farm Craft 2 on Jun 2, 10 1:18 AM
Did Wile E Coyote push the roadrunner off a cliff? With all due respect, if a parent does not want their child playing a game, it is the parent's responsibility to regulate it. If the child plays an inappopriate game such as Pac-man (eating ghosts is pretty violent or offensive to some), or Frogger, (when a poor defenseless animal ends up getting squashed by traffic), or Punch Out, (where there is plenty of pugilism,) or Super Mario Brothers (where poor plumbers get assassinated by koopas), it's the parent's fault! Gosh, I shouldn't have mentioned those games in case someone is offended by me mentioning violence.

It's a game!

Don

posted in Sally's Studio Collector's Edition on May 14, 10 12:36 AM

Off-topic: you are right, and we (HOG fans) are right.

The difference is, that we (the HOG fans) get "zillion" bad HOG games - the last one I bought was at 6th of May, 8 days from today), hungry to some good one, even CE - but each day brings another frustration.

I'd prefer to get once a week some good HOG, instead to be spammed with B/C/D rated HOGs.

The above is a quote from Rebeca, don't know if it posted right..

Rebeca, I understand how it is to crave a wonderful new game, but waiting 8 days is nothing. Try waiting 8 weeks, or even 8 months... (Ranch Rush 2, Royal Envoy)

I know there are several great HOGs coming out here in the next month, so I am sure you will be happy with the game selection again. Happy gaming!

posted in Sally's Studio Collector's Edition on May 14, 10 12:34 AM
*Slightly off topic but necessary post*

Time management games are my favorite and iHOGs and fragmented HOGs come in 3rd. (Innovative action puzzle games come in second but they are released few and far between.)

However, during the past year, the HOG to time management game ratio has been about ten to one. When Bigfish produces HOGs, they are of high quality, but many companies are simply looking to make a quick buck by quickly slapping together sub par HOGs.

HOGs sell the best with time management games coming in second. HOGs are much easier to program because they don't have the balancing issues that arcade/time management games have. That is why there is a 10:1 ratio vs a 3 or 4:1 ratio....

Don K

posted in Sally's Studio Collector's Edition on May 13, 10 2:40 PM
I would honestly have to say that it's worth it. Ten extra levels, plus your monthly punch card gets stamped 3 times...Support time management CE's, especially great ones such as Sally's Studio and Ranch Rush 2. If not, don't complain when time management games are gone from the casual market.
I know my statement above is quite opinionated, but I feel strongly about this.
Four years ago, every casual game was 19.95...

posted in Sally's Studio Collector's Edition on May 13, 10 8:14 AM
Excellent game well worth the collectors edition price. Ten extra levels and early admission. I played this before I left for work and purchased it as well. I love the progress map too. Highly recommended.

posted in Captain Space Bunny on Apr 6, 10 6:04 AM
Hey D! Proofread is actually the correct spelling, although proof-read is considered acceptable as well... Btw..I hope you have your ranch ready before the end of April

Don

posted in Captain Space Bunny on Apr 5, 10 7:25 PM
Katy,

Proofread is one word, not two...

Sorry, I couldn't resist!

posted in Captain Space Bunny on Apr 5, 10 6:40 AM
Coronagold wrote:Like friggin clockwork. The beginning of the month when everyone gets a game credit or coupon, out come the time management games.

I'm so sorry that a time management game came out here. I truly empathize for you.. Perhaps in the remaining 25 days of April at least 22 of them most likely won't be time management...

Please realize that time management games are the 2nd most popular casual game genre and that many people like them..

Thanks

posted in Lamp of Aladdin on Apr 2, 10 2:06 AM
One of the best match 3 games I have played in a long time. I absolutely love it. I'd right a lengthy review but I need sleep...Highly recommended for any Match 3 fan who would love to see graphics similar to Fishdom, gameplay similar to casual games back in the day called The DaVinci Code, Jewels of Cleatropia and Bewitched, and Hidden Object scenes similar to the ones found in 4 Elements Elements have had their outstanding gameplay intregrated and transformed into an incredible game with beautiful, polished visuals. There is a timer/no timer option. General Rating 9 out of 10. Match 3 rating 10 out of 10...

Don K

posted in Incredible Express on Mar 25, 10 3:44 AM
I am enjoying this game. It is certainly different than other games I have played and warrants a purchase IMO.

posted in The Palace Builder on Mar 16, 10 8:56 AM
Great game..purchased before work..

Saturn 85- did you get my message?

posted in Road to Riches 2 on Mar 6, 10 5:31 AM
Yup this game is a stinker just like the first one....

And for the person above who complained about too many build it type games, what games do YOU like?

And where is Spa Mania 2, a Bigfish exclusive time management game that has been in beta since last summer?

Nevermind cll, I noticed by your discussion starters that you love hogs and adventure games... and you have the nerve to complain that there are too many build it games... lol what a ****** joke.....

posted in Build It! Miami Beach Resort on Dec 18, 09 8:50 PM
I love games with timers....Except when HOGs have one...Those I play to relax. If people want a no timer option, I would agree with that, but to not have a timer at all in a time management game is the most ridiculous idea I have ever heard.

If Playfirst would wise up and put a no timer option in their dash games, they would sell even better, but the thought of having no timer at all is pretty sad..

posted in Farm Frenzy 3 on Nov 26, 09 12:42 AM
Farm Frenzy 3 American Pie is out!

posted in Farm Mania 2 on Nov 8, 09 6:22 AM
There is going to be a Farm Mania 2 which will be launching in December, but the player above is playing a cracked illegal beta version and should seriously take a hike....

posted in World of Zellians: Kingdom Builder ™ on Sep 18, 09 4:18 AM
Wonderful relaxing game that has a time management style to it but there is no timer....

I would give this game all 5 stars if there was a timer option. Otherwise an excellent game!!

posted in The Legend of Sanna on Sep 12, 09 5:36 AM
Wonderful game!!!

Don't be fooled by the first 5 tutorial levels which are very easy...After that, the game gets more challenging and you really have to think.

**For those who want to beat this game in relaxed mode, and I am not one of them, you can!!

Even though there is no relaxed mode option, the game keeps going even after the timer runs out. You simply don't get a gold trophy when you beat the level...

If you like Build a Lot, Wonderburg, Be Rich, etc, definitely give them demo a spin and you will most like enjoy it and purchase it...

Don

1/2 out of 5 stars

posted in Be Richer on Sep 7, 09 8:09 AM
Fantastic. Simply fantastic. If you enjoyed Be Rich, you will certainly enjoy Be Richer even more. While the core gameplay of Be Richer is quite similar to Be Rich, and it should be because it is a sequel, Be Richer has some new gameplay twists and improved production values. Highly recommended for those who enjoy Build a Lot or Wonderburg.

out of 5

Don

posted in Fill Up! on Aug 26, 09 2:13 PM
Same here, and i never have technical problems with my casual games collection

Hopefully the developer will be notified of this bug.

Go to:   

KEY:    Unread    Read    Sticky    Locked    Announcement    Moved    Moderator