Posts created by caput

posted in Nemo's Secret: Vulcania on Dec 11, 11 9:51 AM
At first I enjoyed the game and found the mechanical critters kind of interesting and unique. However the longer I played the more I lost interest. Too dark in lots of places and I could not get a feel for where I was going. Not often that I don't play to the end of the demo but this is one of these times. It was becoming a chore instead of fun so I'm also a naysayer.

Just finished the trial and I have a whopping headache. Loved the graphics, loved the twists and turns and mental challenges. Even loved the music and I usually lower that. But the morphing objects? A little of them goes a long way and I found myself staring so hard that my eyes ached. At the last I found myself resorting to the strategy guide to find them and what fun is that! Sorry to say it is a no buy for me.

posted in Guardians of Beyond: Witchville on Nov 16, 11 10:04 AM
Well I beg to differ. I guess I am not jaded enough but I am still enjoying this type of game and liked this one. Yes there are common elements with other games but hey, most novels written and/or tv shows today follow basically the same plot with many of the same villains. So far I am having fun playing this game and am going to purchase it. But, should they come up with something that is new and interesting, I will happily try that also.

posted in Relics: Dark Hours on Nov 14, 11 7:24 AM
I found this game sort of like those dreams where you are looking for something and keep wandering in circles never finding what you are looking for. Very frustrating. There are arrows but even then I went in circles- only found the janitor's uniform by accident and gave up on trying to get back to the janitor's office.
Did enjoy the voice overs and I think, had I not gotten so frustrated, I would have enjoyed the story line. It appears to have an interesting plot with ghosts popping up here and there but.... make the navigation simpler and it would be a buy for me.

posted in Reincarnations: Back to Reality on Nov 6, 11 5:06 AM
What does it mean when it says your Game Manager Application has stopped working? This has only happened with this game that I just bought and it will not install. Can I get my coupon back?

posted in Reincarnations: Back to Reality on Nov 5, 11 11:36 AM
I played the first part of the game and it worked well. So I decided to buy it and clicked the buy using a club token. It had difficulty and told me to to uninstall and then reinstall. Did that. Now it is saying that the Big Fish game application is not working and they will let me know when it is. This is a new one for me. Incidentally this computer is spanking new and has no problems with any other games.

posted in Hidden Expedition: The Uncharted Islands on Oct 29, 11 8:02 AM
I'm really enjoying this game. Intriguing story line with a twist that has me wondering what is coming next. Puzzles are fun and different. It's a buy for me with my spooky coupon.

posted in Resurrection, New Mexico Collector's Edition on Oct 27, 11 1:18 PM
It downloaded fairly quickly but frankly, I just kind of found it boring after a half hour. I could not get into the flow of it , kept expecting it to get better but alas, it really never did. A no buy for me I am afraid.

posted in Voodoo Chronicles: The First Sign on Oct 15, 11 10:19 AM
I really tried but I do not like this game. Too dark and too unnecessarily convoluted for me.eg-the nonsense bit with the woman at the ticket booth. Kept thinking it would get better but, sigh, it didn't. Also found the action a bit jerky and slow. Realize I have just finished the Maple Creek game which was wonderful so maybe I am judging it too harshly.

posted in Tamara the 13th on Oct 7, 11 6:35 AM
I liked the premise of the game but objects are really, really hard to find and I have a large screen. Trying to decide if it will get better as it took me the full hour to get through the cave section. Used the hint button far too much for it to be enjoyable. Probably a no-buy for me on this one.

posted in Sphera on Sep 30, 11 10:09 AM
I can't get the match out of the package, When I drag the mouse, it makes a sound as it is igniting but there is no flame. What am I doing wrong?

posted in The Seawise Chronicles: Untamed Legacy on Sep 29, 11 3:26 PM
I think I found one a long time ago, and this game has taken me a long time to get near the end, it says I am missing one ruby in this area. Can't remember where I found the first one though and the walkthrough only mentions one. I just want to finish the game as it has been a contrary, frustrating but kind of fun experience.

posted in Skymist - The Lost Spirit Stones on Sep 20, 11 6:32 AM
I'm liking this game. Have not got too far into it but it is kind of fun so far and well worth the three bucks.

posted in Voodoo Chronicles: The First Sign Collector's Edition on Sep 15, 11 5:27 AM
I played for a half hour and really just do not like this game. Background is dark, objects kind of hard to see and ,on my computer at least, it is a little jerky. Just did not grab or,as time went on, earn my interest at all.

posted in Around the World in Eighty Days: The Challenge on Aug 23, 11 4:16 PM
I'm with Barb- I quite enjoyed the demo. Kind of a treat as it is a different format and approach from the games I have been playing. I found it interesting even if they fractured the English language at times. It's a buy for me I think.

posted in Jade Rousseau - The Fall of Sant' Antonio on Aug 4, 11 7:24 AM
I really tried but I do not like this game. Almost impossible to find hidden objects in some scenes and that 'you need to concentrate' thing got very annoying very fast! I lasted fifteen minutes and then wondered why I was wasting my time and eyesight on this game.

The trial downloaded quickly but ,when I went to play, it froze my computer on the first scene. Guess this one is a no-no for me until the regular version comes out.

posted in The Missing: A Search and Rescue Mystery on Jul 25, 11 3:20 PM
I tried the CE and could not get it to work. It was jerky and kept blacking out. But this version worked like a charm. Just the kind of game I like with lots of running around and trying to remember where I saw the 'thing' I needed! Did find it a wee bit short for a CE but just about right for me.

posted in The Missing: A Search and Rescue Mystery on Jul 25, 11 11:59 AM
I missed that step and so did not get the key for the lighthouse and now it will not let me get back down to the pier to go through the door again. What am I doing wrong?

Played for about twenty minutes and really did not find this game interesting. Certainly not, in my opinion anyway, the caliber I would expect of a Collector's Edition. So this one is a no buy for me.

Go to:   

KEY:    Unread    Read    Sticky    Locked    Announcement    Moved    Moderator