Posts created by alvertis5706

posted in Rhiannon: Curse of the Four Branches on Jun 2, 12 9:57 AM
I'm joining in after abandoning AGON ; I have to say that after that one, I'm finding the navigation in Rhiannon absolutely a dream!

posted in AGON: From Lapland to Madagascar on May 30, 12 6:05 PM
I REALLY HATE THIS GAME.
I've come close to deleting it so many times, but my need to finish games stops me.
I'm trying to conquer the Tablut game without resorting to a walkthru, and I've been close but not close enough!
I'm taking a break to play Rhiannanon and some nice easy Snarkbuster...........maybe I'll come back fresh in a few days!

posted in Margrave: The Curse of the Severed Heart on May 27, 12 11:05 AM
moetoole wrote:Trying to purchase this game, it takes me to the Memorial Day Sale and says it will automatically put in the code. Why would I want to pay $4.99, when I should be able to get it for 3.05?

Continue on to the web page checkout; the correct $2.99 price will be there (there may be a note at top of page that says "code you attempted to use is invalid"---ignore that. It's just telling you that you can't use the sale code on a $2.99 item)

posted in Zulu's Zoo on May 25, 12 1:16 PM
jcballar wrote:Yes, I am trying to purchase it for $2.99 (and I am logged in), but only get the splash ad to purchase it for $4.99 as a Memorial Day sale item.

I got that also when I hit the "buy" button in the game manager; but when I went to the web purchase page, it came up as the correct $2.99.

posted in AGON: From Lapland to Madagascar on May 23, 12 1:29 PM
I'll be playing, also. I've heard that the puzzles in this one are difficult.

posted in Snark Busters: High Society on May 23, 12 8:38 AM
Trinn_T wrote:You're half way there! You need to stretch the image vertically or horizontally to get it into the shape of a square, then click the zoom in button to enlarge the picture (it's the semi-circle button between the four arrows with an icon of a + sign in a magnifying glass).

After I read this, I realized that I thought the arrows were indicating the + and - signs, and didn't know the middle of it were also separate buttons.....got it solved right away when I got that! Thanks! ( and "duh" to me!)

posted in AGON - The London Scene on May 22, 12 9:31 PM
I've got the Viva Adventure Anthology one labeled "The Mysterious Codex". That covers London, Lapland, and Madacascar, right? I'll probably continue on with Lapland after a few days rest with some other games!

posted in AGON - The London Scene on May 21, 12 8:11 PM
TideWaters wrote:I've managed a little play - got through the Key issue and now at the lightbulb issue. Common sense would dictate take one out of a lamp or an extra would be in a desk or drawer??? Can't get in to any of them. Guess I will keep looking cus there aren't that many places to look. Maybe a flashlight or lightening will strike?

****Look on the boxes in the basement hallway****

posted in AGON - The London Scene on May 21, 12 2:44 PM
Holy Mackeral!! SHORT is the word, all right! I'm a plodding player, and I don't often use that word. I would really like this game better if it had a journal; of course, I ended up keeping my own hand-written one. My boxed set game continues on in Lapland. Should I keep going? I'm not seeing any stairs yet........

(But I'm FINISHED in LONDON!)

posted in The Tiny Bang Story on May 21, 12 8:51 AM
This is a game where as soon as I finished, I wanted to go back and play it again.
For me, it was such a "feel good" experience. Also, since there was 'no skip' on the puzzles, I was forced to finish them...a first for me, since I tend to give up easily and go for the 'skip' button. I did the arcade puzzles with a laptop touchpad (my excuse for being slow), and I found that on them strategy was actually more important than speed. In order to be successful, study them and see what you need to do and where you need to go.

posted in AGON - The London Scene on May 19, 12 7:58 AM
I'm downloaded and ready to play!

posted in Return to Mysterious Island 2: Mina's Fate on May 18, 12 8:01 AM
Mr_Russ wrote:There is a mechanism to flush out the gas if you put it into the wrong container. It shouldn't be a show-stopper.

I couldn't see that at the time!
Another thing I never noticed until the end: I never knew what that blue bar on the right hand side of the inventory page meant. Getting near the end, I accidently put my cursor over it...........and found out it was my "pride level"!

posted in Return to Mysterious Island 2: Mina's Fate on May 18, 12 12:13 AM
Find me a hammer, and I'll forget about eBay!

posted in Return to Mysterious Island 2: Mina's Fate on May 17, 12 12:34 PM
13 days.........
32 'saves'.........
683 mediocre points.........
love,hate,love,hate,love.........

I FINISHED !!!

(Wishing for a 3rd option to the ending; and I'll be putting my ocarina up on eBay)

posted in Return to Mysterious Island 2: Mina's Fate on May 17, 12 11:21 AM
Catfish_girl wrote:There are a bunch of players, I haven't heard from in awhile.
Are you still there?
Please let us know if you need help.

HA! HA! Some of us are beyond help, LOL! I did a major faux pas last nite:
I put the gas in the wrong bottle (the violet one), and then couldn't undo it...no disassembling it, and didn't have materials to make another bottle (no more charcoal anywhere. I had been playing 1.5 hrs, and didn't do any 'saves' during that time, so I really had a lot to do over. I decided to go to bed and sleep on it.
Hopefully, I'll finish today!! (Thanks for the 'help' offer, anyway, CFG)

posted in Return to Mysterious Island 2: Mina's Fate on May 16, 12 5:53 PM
CONGRATULATIONS GRANDMAMUM !!!

posted in Return to Mysterious Island 2: Mina's Fate on May 15, 12 10:20 PM
Joyfullady wrote:Alvertis - *look at top right of screen; it shows you how many you have right. Easier then you may think * Good luck.*

That puzzle didn't turn out to be as bad as I anticipated...more in the tedious category than difficult. I'm all calmed down, now!! (and moving right along).

posted in Return to Mysterious Island 2: Mina's Fate on May 15, 12 2:02 PM
A hearty congratulations to anyone who is getting towards the end! It's been 1 step forward, and 2 steps back for me, but I keep slogging along. I'm at the "language puzzle", and trying hard not to scream!!

posted in Return to Mysterious Island 2: Mina's Fate on May 11, 12 4:40 PM
sunshinej wrote:alvertis...You'll need your ocarina to open up a door later in game. What cache did you look in? **Top of palm tree or hole in the rock face where Slugger and Amber are.**

It was *** the hole in the rock face; haven't found the one in the palm, yet.****I guess I'll just go back; I'm missing something somewhere!

posted in Return to Mysterious Island 2: Mina's Fate on May 11, 12 12:45 PM
Question for those who have completed the game: I had my ocarina stolen, and it wasn't in the cache when I got there; will I be able to complete the game without it?
Or should I just go back to a previous save and do it over?

Go to:   

KEY:    Unread    Read    Sticky    Locked    Announcement    Moved    Moderator