Posts created by XtreemNorth

posted in Otherworld: Spring of Shadows Collector's Edition on Jan 23, 12 12:13 PM
sjsullivan wrote:Elldee........The game is advertised as a HOG. Therefore it should be mostly HOG. Also... it is advertised as a CE and the price is that of a CE. Maybe you need to go back and read my post more carefully before replying. No need for hostility. We asll have opinions and the right to express them here. not everyone has to agree with you.

It pays to demo a game before purchasing.

I have boughten games just from reviews and regretted it. According to this demo, it was just enough for me to decide on whether to wait for a se, or no buy, havent made my mind up.

I like hidden object scenes, thats one thing I do like about this game is the hidden objects, they were just different.

posted in Curse at Twilight: Thief of Souls Collector's Edition on Jan 23, 12 11:54 AM
I have the key, have hit the hint button quite a few times to see what to do next. It keeps pointing out the spot to the boxes outside of the butcher shop. I read the SG and it says to use the silver key to unlock the chains around the boxes. Well there is no chain around the box. Everything else has worked up until this spot. Anyone have any suggestions? I really think something is wrong regarding not having a chain I am suppose to unlock and I have the key.

I hope someone is out there to help beings the game is older.

posted in Otherworld: Spring of Shadows Collector's Edition on Jan 22, 12 3:14 PM
I'm really tired of wide screens on these games, just kidding!!!! I don't love the game, I like it. The scenery is pretty, lots of things to do and areas to check out, but it's just not grabbing my attention. Might be because i'm not fond of fairy tale type games, I didn't like beauty and the beast, it's the genre type I guess. Like I said, I like it and maybe I'll come back later and purchase the se when it comes out.

posted in House of 1000 Doors: Family Secrets on Jan 20, 12 9:26 AM
I bought the CE and this is one of my favorites. Nice varities, I for one love morphs, wish they had them in more games. This is one game that I will go back to and re-play. So many pros going for it. Good adventure, great graphics and overall fun playing. I rate it a five star.

Don't think I can add anymore than what has already been said. I am maybe half way through and am enjoying it all the way so far. The developers did add some nice touches to this game. Glad to hear others are able to play it on ws. Graphics might be a bit hazy but I think its meant to be that way, looks great to me. More than happy I purchased this game.

Don't think I can add anymore than what has already been said. I am maybe half way through and am enjoying it all the way so far. The developers did add some nice touches to this game. Glad to hear others are able to play it on ws. Graphics might be a bit hazy but I think its meant to be that way, looks great to me. More than happy I purchased this game.

baglady159 wrote:
XtreemNorth wrote: i was reading and enjoying your comments about the game. I purchased it and am downloading it now.

As I was reading comments I noticed alot of you are up and awake at 2 and 3 in the morning, hmmm I struggle to sleep around that time, never thought of checking to see if a new game is out by then. I'm either a night owl or an early bird, just depends.

If you are downloading from somewhere in the US then Big Fish games are released around midnight Pacific Time. A lot of the fishies you see here in what looks like the middle of the night are actually from somewhere else in the world where they're in completely different time zones than we here in the states. If I waited up for the game to be released, it wouldn't be till 3am since i'm in the Eastern Time zone. Does that help explain?

Sure does, thanks

i was reading and enjoying your comments about the game. I purchased it and am downloading it now.

As I was reading comments I noticed alot of you are up and awake at 2 and 3 in the morning, hmmm I struggle to sleep around that time, never thought of checking to see if a new game is out by then. I'm either a night owl or an early bird, just depends.

posted in Royal Envoy on Jan 18, 12 4:38 PM
Is there anyone out there playing this game and have made it past level 23? My problem is; after making enough wood to build the 5000 wood bridge, building another market so I could pay off the 35000 priate, after the smoke left, I have only two empty building lots, so I built cabins, flower gardens etc. I tore down the extra market and built another cabin, upgraded it etc. Game ended, and I still need 70 more happinesses. Do you have to knock down the two markets and put up cabins? Is There enough time for that? I am trying everything and am stumped. I read the other forums with thier answers but still clueless. The only thing I can come up with, is I must have to demolish the two markets. Will go try it again. Any help will be great, of someone is still out there. Thanks

posted in Royal Envoy 2 on Jan 18, 12 10:18 AM
Well I have been wanting to explore other kinds of games to play and decided to give this a try. Actualy I've been doing Royal Envoy 1. I quit a few times and said this just isnt my kind of game, gosh, I kept going back to it and now I'm on level 20. I've had to go the forums often. I feel like I am still missing the boat.

I see on the forums where some are on expert level? I dont know where to find these levels. I'm learning by trial and error. I click all over the place and wind up in a frenzy, from the outside looking in I must look like an idiot. I talk to myself throughout the game, and its a loud talk, trying to figure it out and what to do next. The instructions are pretty much what you read as your advancing to higher levels, correct?

I am enjoying the game, and I will probably buy this one. However, if anyone can direct me to learn and understand the game a little more please do. Otherwise I'm thinking it's just trial and error. I read in one of the reviews that its not a matter of speed but strategy. I fail at both of them but dont want to give up. They are challenging and I think thats why I continue to play them. A nice change from HOGs. If anyone has some tips to share I would like that.

posted in Sea Legends: Phantasmal Light Collector's Edition on Jan 16, 12 11:48 PM
obrien60 wrote:This comment covers my feelings and thoughts so well! Thanks for writing it...
*hands over a tissue* There you go. Don't cry too much or your eyes will get so puffy, you won't be able to see the game in front of you.

You know, about a year ago, I would have bought the CE of this game without a second thought. I think that over the last 6 months I have been so spoilt with such great and entertaining games, that I no longer appreciate the fantastic HOGs we are getting nowadays.

I remember when I first bought HOGs, and the ones I remember best were the "Big City Adventure" games (San Francisco & Sydney, Australia).

The HOGs in those days came only in timed mode. And all you got was static pictures in which to find hidden objects, with a little simple puzzle after each level. And boy, was I happy with those games - at that time.

And just look how far we (or rather the developers) have come with HOGs. They are no longer just the simple find & seek games we used to get, but are top quality, with great graphics (most of the time), puzzles, animation, voice-over, cut-scenes, real live people even in some games, and so much more.

So yes, I think I have been so spoilt that I feel rather sad about the way I sometimes react to great games - such as this one - because they are really great games, considering they are not adventure games you get in the shops for 40 or 50 quit or thereabout, but they are "little" games, which have developed into something awesome, and can be bought for under a tenner.

I appreciate what you said.

posted in Sea Legends: Phantasmal Light Collector's Edition on Jan 16, 12 11:41 PM
[quote=Sheerija

I bet lots of fishies out there could come up with many other ideas. Why can't developers? They all seem to be stuck in a rut, uninspired and uninterested, just churning out the same old stuff.

I am tired of finding binoculars, glasses, oil cans, feathers and the like. There are gazillions of objects in the world to choose from.

If I were a developer I would not be happy until I had created something completely new, something illuminatingly different that did me proud and set all who played it back on their heels.

Where's the ambition, the drive, the love of the job, the need to prove oneself as being a breed apart? It must be a wonderful career to have. I would love going to work every day. My creative juices would be working overtime 24/7. I would be unhappy and unsatisfied if I wasn't being inventive and original.

Maybe it's a case of familiarity breeding contempt.

Thief of souls, Brink of Consciousness, House of 1000 doors, Exorcist, Secret Order-New Horizon, the Dark Side, this is just a handfull of games that are not churnned out as the same ole and without imagination. These games were made by people using their time and engergy to bring us entertainment into our homes. The only regret that I had was not buying a game based on negative reveiws. I think games are becoming more vibrant, more adventurous, amazing scenery and by no means do I beleive they are stuck in a rut. Some games are just so so, no big deal, I personaly, I cant wait to see each morning what the new game is going to be. I hope developers do read the comments and reviews and at the same time know that several of us appreciate them for the games they produce. I am blessed and thankful for them.

posted in Sea Legends: Phantasmal Light Collector's Edition on Jan 15, 12 1:32 PM
tuttepeever wrote:This has to be one of the most uninspired games I have played for a long time. It's just a long slog of having to depend on the SG which takes you back to the beginning every time. The grapics aren't great nor the story line. The only reason I would continue to play is because I have nothing better to do. I own a multitude of games and would prefer a repeat play of those compared to this one.

Would never consider buying this one. I do wonder what is happening with Games today in that we have become so dependent on the SG to help us wade our way through all the to and fros. The old games were much better.

This one is a huge waste of time.

Well I happen to disagree with you, games are continuing to get better and better. I can't say that this game thrilled me, but I did enjoy it, I will wind up buying it as I loved the scenes, they did a very good making them beautiful and goes along with the story line. I feel like the developers are going out of thier way to make games appealing and offer choices. I'm not quite sure why you have to depend on the SG, but I am thankful to have one when needed.

posted in Sea Legends: Phantasmal Light Collector's Edition on Jan 15, 12 1:07 PM
Well I'm snowed in and trapped at 25below zero, every morning I eagerly check out new games. I just finished the demo and it's not a bad game. The hidden object scenes were a little hard for me, and maybe a few to many, however the hint button does recharge fast. I think the scenes are really nice, I love almost anything that has to do with old ships and the ocean, so thought the game looked really nice. It's smooth playing, I can take my time and enjoy this one. I do like the hint button, your able to move on to explore other areas of interest. I just don't know if I want to purchase this as a CE, like i said the game was ok and good enough to buy, I'm not overly thrilled but satisfied. Almost all games I buy I have to change the custom curser, for some reason it causes the game to drag and really slows it up, it works great when I remove that. Over all, its not a bad game.

posted in Temple of Life: The Legend of Four Elements on Jan 15, 12 10:24 AM
I had to download the trial to remember why I didn't buy the CE version. Now I remember, this game didn't make me fall off my chair, it made me get up and leave.

If anything I became annoyed with it. I thought it was boring, I honestly tried my best to like it, I have 3 credits waiting to be used and just cant buy this game.

I can't put my finger on it exactly why I don't like, it's the scenes, the game itself, just not my cup of tea.

posted in Maestro: Notes of Life Collector's Edition on Jan 15, 12 10:08 AM
I left a review earlier according to the trial game. I play a game over several days, I can't sit for 4 or 5 hours and play a game. I am probably 3/4 of the way through, and I have to say the game continues to get better and better. Once in a while I get bored half way through, not often, but wanted to add a little more to the review section after playing this game for a few days. I've had to look at the sg a few times and I play on the easiest level. I am really enjoying it and glad I bought it immediatly. Games like this make it difficult to wait for the se to come out.

It's worth the price to me, I dont know how they could make a game any better, well perhaps if they threw in a few morphs, love morphing objects, but none the less, this game deserves a five star. It is absolutley well done.

posted in Maestro: Notes of Life Collector's Edition on Jan 12, 12 9:56 PM
Bravo to this developer who continues to bring great and exciting games. I would much rather spend my money on a good game such as this than dashing into the grocery store and buying junk food. Thier games are classy, scenes are more than I could ask for and done extreemly well. I dont tire of them, I think for some people maybe they have reached their limit with these games. I pay a CE price when i think the game deserves it and if have the extra money. today I do and bought it immeditaly. These games are put out there for entertainment not to make people angry. to those who love this game, have fun, as I surely will. A big thanks to this developer, you did it again, and its amazing. I have a slew of games and this one is at the top.

posted in Maestro: Notes of Life Collector's Edition on Jan 12, 12 2:49 PM
WolfenRaindancer wrote:I played exactly one minute before stopping to buy. I enjoy these games. The graphics are great, I actually like the music playing softly in the background, I love the horse, and kept going back to see it, lol. I know I am an addict, and I could play these games all day long, so I am a fairly easy mark. So many have been putting this developer down for their formulaic games...however, I like them, and I will buy them as quickly as they bring them out. That said, to each his own. I like hogs. And this is a good one to me. And it opened up and fit my wide screen perfectly. I didn't play longer than an hour this morning, but I am well rested and I am going to spend a wonderful afternoon on this game. Bye.

I happen to totaly agree with you, this is truly a wonderful game. Doesnt matter which developer it is, there will always be critics. I've played HOG games for years and this developer continues to produce beautiful well thought out games. This game grabs your attention immediatly, the HOG scenes are well done with ineraction which I really like. This is one of the best games I've played in a while. The first one was just as good, i highly recommend it and give it a 5 star***** To me its not the same ole as so many say, give it a try, some of you will love it.

posted in Royal Envoy on Jan 11, 12 9:31 PM
Well this game is older so I feel like I might be alone playing it, if someone is out there can you possibly help me a little or direct me where to go. I have never played a time management game before, is there a general trick to this game, because I have a timer I am hitting everything and trying to get enough men to build and tax collectos. however I need to build one more cabin, and twice I ran out of time, couldnt build one because....I dont know why. Do I have to have enough money to build. Does it cost me to get extra workers? Well if anyone is around please help me or direct me where to go.

posted in Syberia II on Jan 10, 12 8:40 PM
I ran across this site tonight, oh my gosh, its got me tempted to download my game again and play it. I bought the game after reading great reviews about it, had no idea what a long file meant, it was so hard, sorta boring only because I was lost. Now, I think I will start the download process and join you. It will take a long time for my computer to download, but I will. You bringing a desire for me to learn and maybe I will wind up loving it. I will check in and let you know once I down load and begin. I guess thats when I will introduce myself more. I dont own the first just bought the second, so I hope that doesnt matter as far as understanding and enjoying the game. Talk to you soon.

Go to:   

KEY:    Unread    Read    Sticky    Locked    Announcement    Moved    Moderator