Posts created by MLC60

posted in Into the Haze on Sep 25, 13 1:24 PM
Hey, there's nothing wrong with being a 1950's housewife! I rather enjoyed this game, though I can't imagine a demon calling anyone a "sweet child". As you said, it did give me lots of laughs. MLC60

posted in Lost in Reefs 2 on Sep 7, 13 6:07 AM
This is a general gripe of M3 games. Why is it that the devs think if you play in relaxed mode that means you are stupid and they have to help you after a few seconds by flashing a possible move? Relaxed means I want to move at my own speed, not theirs. This is why I don't buy more M3 games. It kills my enjoyment when they keep flashing moves at me. If I was playing in timed mode, that may make sense, but not in relaxed. MLC60

posted in Riddles of Fate: Wild Hunt Collector's Edition on Sep 5, 13 5:28 PM
I have the same problem. MLC60

posted in Family Tales: The Sisters on May 21, 13 8:59 PM
How did you get the branch to go in the gear? It keeps telling me "That doesn't work." I've uninstalled and reinstalled, and it still doesn't work. Any help you can give would be much appreciated.

posted in The Path of Hercules on May 15, 13 2:40 AM
The hidden objects are FROGS and some are very tiny. If you have vision problems, you may feel like your eyeballs are being ripped out of your head before you locate all the pieces. MLC60

posted in Enigma Agency: The Case of Shadows Collector's Edition on Apr 27, 13 1:15 PM
I did enjoy this game, but I wish the devs understood that a lot of people who buy and play these games have slower reflex times. Trying to knock down the robots or whatever while the sections were green just about made me pull out all my hair. I don't like to skip puzzles, but my brain just doesn't work as fast as this computer game does! MLC60

posted in PuppetShow: Destiny Undone Collector's Edition on Mar 28, 13 4:35 AM
I have been a fan of Puppetshow in the past, but the puppet helper you have to name and dress is a bit much for me. I quit playing with dolls eons ago and have little patience with the hat-making routine. I think ERS needs a new think tank, IMHO.

posted in The Secret Order: Masked Intent Collector's Edition on Mar 17, 13 4:14 PM
I, too, would prefer the bonus content to be at the end of the game. That being said, at least there was a fair amount to do. In some games, the bonus content is so short, I feel I've been cheated, because the extra game play and SG are all I really get out of the CE versions.

posted in Grim Facade: Cost of Jealousy Collector's Edition on Mar 1, 13 9:18 AM
I normally like ERS games, but in advanced mode, I had to tell it "skip tutorial" 3 times! What part of "skip tutorial" do they not understand. Their old games would take me several hours to complete, but this one only took about 2 and a half. The trend among devs these days seems to be to dumb down these games. If they don't start having more respect for their customers, they just might find themselves without any customers. As for Aiden, I thought he was cute, even if he was annoying (eye candy). MLC60

posted in Silent Scream II: The Bride on Feb 23, 13 9:23 AM
Pick up the lit candle and take it with you. You'll need it later.

I played the whole hour demo and didn't need the SG once, so I will probably wait for the SE as well. It is a well-done, beautifully-illustrated game, but I'm not sure I want to pay the CE price right now. MLC60

posted in Mountain Trap: The Manor of Memories on Feb 4, 13 2:04 PM
I have just finished this game, having played as an advanced player. Even on advanced, you still get the sparkles and the "helpful" comments that seem to say "we think you are as dumb as a sack of hammers." Every time I found something, it was, 'I've got to go show this to Elizabeth,' at the top of every screen until I got back to Elizabeth and showed it to her! I'm 62 years old, but not THAT forgetful. You do get your money's worth, I must say. It was a long, involved game. MLC60

Yes, it was a good game, but even in advanced mode, there were those annoying sparkles in the HO scenes. They are so nagging! Even after you've retrieved the article, they still sparkle! I wish the devs would pay attention to complaints and do something about them. MLC60

posted in Golden Trails 3: The Guardian's Creed on Dec 8, 12 5:50 PM
I think that must be the lead-in to the bonus chapter of a CE game. That's all I can figure out. MLC60

posted in Golden Trails 3: The Guardian's Creed on Dec 5, 12 8:45 AM
How did you get it to let you pick the latch on the light? It just keeps throwing my lockpick back down. MLC60

posted in Mysteries of the Mind: Coma Collector's Edition on Nov 4, 12 3:59 AM
You all have my deepest sympahies who have lost mothers. I lost mine 20 years ago and it still hurts. I must say, though, if I could go back to before she got sick with the knowledge of what was wrong with her, it would be a blessing. That said, I'm undecided about whether I want to purchase this game. MLC60

posted in Dreams from the Past on Sep 26, 12 7:08 AM
I don't know if this qualifies as a technical issue, but when I get to te part where I'm supposed to fix the stool so I can get a screwdriver from the shelf, it just peters out. It doesn' crash or kick me out or anything like that; there's just nowhere to go from there, unless I'm missing something. I've started the game over and the same thing happened the second time, which is a shame because I seem to be one of the few people who are enjoying this game. MLC60

HO
They're at the bottom of my screen where I can only see the tops of the letters. If I go into Options and unclick Aspect Ratio, then go to the main menu and go back in, they will float to the top line. This is a pain because I've had to do this for EVERY HO scene.

posted in Night In The Opera on Jul 14, 12 11:35 AM
Is there any way to turn off the stupid bossy "suggestions"? Playing in relaxed mode means I'm slow. I don't see as well as other people, and having the thing flashing its suggestions for M3 matches just makes me nervous. If the devs are listening, please take note senior citizens play these games, too! Thank you very much. MLC60

posted in Whispered Stories: Sandman on May 21, 12 7:33 AM
Please tell me how you did it because I am getting very frustrated trying to get four units on the right. Having Mary screaming for help all the time is adding to my frustration. MLC60

Go to:   

KEY:    Unread    Read    Sticky    Locked    Announcement    Moved    Moderator