Posts created by GreenMyEyes

posted in Witches' Legacy: The Charleston Curse on Feb 26, 12 4:02 PM
Argghhh! I spent ages on this, too! Trial and error would have been a satisfactory solution, if we hadn't had to find the sheet music first. I'm very unhappy with the solution.

posted in Drawn™: Trail of Shadows Collector's Edition on Feb 9, 12 9:24 AM
In the area with the stone statue, there's a circle where the gems need to be placed. When I first looked at it, I hadn't noticed the clues telling you how to place the gems. So I just tried selecting one of the gems and putting it in one of the circles. The screen went blank for a moment, and when it returned to the game, that gem had disappeared. I tried again with a different gem: same problem, blank screen, gem disappeared. Rather stupidly, I tried again with another gem. This time the screen blanked, then the program crashed with an Access Violation error.

Earlier, when I was trying ti figure out the lighting puzzle, the screen would often go blank, then return to normal, but the game didn't crash.

posted in Revenge of the Spirit: Rite of Resurrection on Jan 25, 12 10:17 AM
Some of my HOS games are bugged. One of the items that shows up in the list of things to find is "**** Test Mode". I can click randomly, and sometimes click on an item that then floats to the bottom of the screen and disappears. If I can find enough of these meaningless objects, eventually the HOS disappears and I am given an object to use in the game.

posted in Millennium Secrets: Roxanne's Necklace on Nov 26, 11 8:30 AM
I, too, am seeing that String Not Found error message. Sorry, guys, but that is a pure programming error. I'm appalled that it wasn't caught and fixed long before the program was released.

I bought this game on one of those "bargain specials" that pop up now and then. so didn't have a chance to try it before buying it. If I had, I certainly wouldn't have bought it. Oh, well, it's only $3.99 down the drain ...

Hurrah! I finished the other vision crystals, then went back to the pink one and clicked on Hint and -- amazingly -- the game found one of the pieces that had disappeared before. I clicked again, and it found a second! So happy to be able to complete this lovely game.

Hurrah! I finished the other vision crystals, then went back to the pink one and clicked on Hint and -- amazingly -- the game found one of the pieces that had disappeared before. I clicked again, and it found a second! So happy to be able to complete this lovely game.

So frustrated -- the bug with the Pink Crystal that others have reported will keep me from finishing this game. And I had been enjoying it so much.

posted in Secrets of the Past: Mother's Diary on Nov 3, 11 6:03 PM
Thanks so much, Granny Gruff. Since I haven't been enjoying it much so far, I think I shall just quit.

posted in Secrets of the Past: Mother's Diary on Nov 2, 11 4:15 PM
I found the drawing of the ballerina in the fireplace. Although I could see most of the picture, I couldn't find a way to pick it up. So I noted the position of her arms and legs, and went downstairs, fully expecting to be able to solve that puzzle. But the game still said I needed a clue. So I went back upstairs to the room with the fireplace, hoping I could figure out a way to pick up the drawing. But now -- the drawing was missing.

Is this a bug? Has anyone else had this problem? Is there any way around it?

I've found this game frustrating so far -- the graphics are so fussy instead of crisp and clean; the cursor is erratic in places; there are dark HOG items which are placed against a dark background; it's often hard to move the cursor to the bottom to exit a scene without bringing up the inventory ... if this is a bug, I'll just give up on the game. And I won't buy any more games from Far Mills Game Studios again.

I'm having the same problem with the pink vision crystal that I see others have reported before: I've clicked on a couple of components and -- although I see them float correctly down to the assembly area -- the parts never gray out and I can't finish the object.

And this means that I can't finish this game that I'm enjoying so much. I love the Blue Tea games and have never had a problem with any of them.

I see this problem has already been reported by several people in August!
Is there still no fix for it?

posted in The Mystery of the Crystal Portal: Beyond the Horizon on Oct 11, 11 3:48 PM
Beautiful game -- I thoroughly enjoyed this one. Hope the sequel will be out soon.

posted in Lost Souls: Enchanted Paintings on Oct 11, 11 10:45 AM
I ran into a game-stopping bug in the third painting -- the Dragon World. Then, because I had been enjoying it, I decided to play it again as a new player, in the hopes that this time I could get the mage would give me the Fire Symbol. But this time I ran into another game-stopping bug in the first painting -- the Ice World. This time I collected the five stars from the observatory, but when I tried to open the chest, the game did not recognize that I had all five stars. To make the situation ludicrous, it decided that the observatory was finished, and wouldn't let me return.

I'm playing on a Windows 7 64-bit machine. Maybe the game needs better testing on this platform.

No more Fenomen Games for me, I'm afraid.

posted in Lost Souls: Enchanted Paintings on Oct 9, 11 4:12 PM
I found the mage's bracelet and put it on his wrist. The fire element coin appeared in the crystal ball for a moment but, when I tried to click on it, disappeared. Is this another puzzle I have to solve, or is it ... the Dreaded BUG[i]!

posted in Lost Souls: Enchanted Paintings on Oct 9, 11 4:10 PM
Mea culpa.

posted in Haunted Manor: Lord of Mirrors on Oct 1, 11 9:14 AM
After a few minutes, I decided not to play this game. The reason? I dislike a game where you get penalized in a hidden object game for clicking too often. I play these games for fun, not to get slapped on the wrist for something the developer doesn't want me to do. If I've paid for a game, let me play it the way I want to.

I will do the same for any other games with this problem. Maybe if enough of us gamers mention this, the developers will stop doing it.

posted in Awakening: The Goblin Kingdom Collector's Edition on Sep 24, 11 3:59 PM
I can't find the steampipes, and I'm blocked in all the other areas of the game.

I see some pipes above the furnace up at the cistern, but can't click on them. Similarly, I see some pipes attached to the waterwheel but can't click on them.

posted in The Mystery of the Crystal Portal: Beyond the Horizon on Sep 23, 11 3:17 PM
I've just started, and I find this a lovely game. I really enjoy looking for beautiful hidden objects rather than the normal boring mousetrap, train engine, and mittens.

posted in Awakening: The Dreamless Castle on Sep 11, 11 12:51 PM
I was at the same frustrating point as everybody else -- but then I thought of a different way and it worked!

I noticed that when I changed the position of the handles, sometimes the box decoration would also change color. So instead of just following the instructions in the walkthrough to flip the handles either up and down, I kept flipping each handle until it was not only in the right position (up or down) but also the right color (black, blue, or brown).

For example, the first box in the bottom row starts off brown with the handle down (if I'm remembering correctly). Now, when you flip the handle up, the box decoration also changes to black. So I would keep flipping until it was brown and up.

WHEE -- I now have the handkerchief!

posted in Awakening: The Dreamless Castle on Sep 11, 11 12:49 PM
I was at the same frustrating point as everybody else -- but then I thought of a different way and it worked!

I noticed that when I changed the position of the handles, sometimes the box decoration would also change color. So instead of just following the instructions in the walkthrough to flip the handles either up and down, I kept flipping each handle until it was not only in the right position (up or down) but also the right color (black, blue, or brown).

For example, the first box in the bottom row starts off brown with the handle down (if I'm remembering correctly). Now, when you flip the handle up, the box decoration also changes to black. So I would keep flipping until it was brown and up.

WHEE -- I now have the handkerchief!

posted in Dark Parables: The Exiled Prince on Aug 28, 11 2:27 PM
I am replaying this wonderful game in hard mode. I'm at the point where I need the oar to cross to the Little Mermaid's domain, but I can't find it. I checked in the walkthrough, and it's supposed to be in the Swan Princess's lakeshore area. But it's not there (I've clicked and clicked and clicked some more). I've checked on all the other areas that are open at this point in the game, but I can't find it anywhere. Has anyone else run into this problem?

Go to:   

KEY:    Unread    Read    Sticky    Locked    Announcement    Moved    Moderator