Posts created by Fifiluna614

posted in Grim Tales: The Final Suspect on Jun 20, 15 8:14 PM
If this really is the end of the Grim Tales series, then it's a major disappointment. The Grey family saga deserved a dramatic ending, but instead it got a whimper. The story was so convoluted, I'm not sure I really understood it. My suggestion is wait until you can get this one on sale.

posted in Sable Maze: Twelve Fears on Jun 16, 15 6:49 PM
One thing about the Sable Maze series: if you like one you should like them all because they are the same game just taking place in different environments. I guess that's good that they stick with the "brand" and give gamers what they expect to find.

I thought this environment was fun, and I couldn't wait to see what the next fear was and what conquering it entailed. The only thing I really disliked was that brat of a daughter who would beg her father to help her, only to go skipping away into more danger before he (I) could even reach her. Maybe, as a parent of a teenager myself, I could relate too closely to his frustration!

posted in Haunted Train: Frozen in Time on Jun 12, 15 3:16 PM
Overall I thought this was a great game. It has a helpful jump map showing where things can be accomplished, which I have come to consider a must. The "help" button works in and out of hidden object scenes, too. The gameplay is logical and has a good flow.

There were a couple of things I didn't care for. The hidden object scenes were often cluttered and blurry. Some objects were so obscured that even with a hint pointing to the spot I still couldn't make out the object. Also I strongly dislike the totally unecessary hunt for "objects that should be moving" when the chronograph is used. The scenes are colorless, and since you don't know what you're looking for, I found this tedious. I just clicked all over the scene until I stumbled upon them all. Fortunately, there doesn't seem to be a click penalty!

posted in Fear for Sale: Endless Voyage on May 7, 15 10:12 AM
This game has the three elements that add up to the most enjoyable gameplay for me:

1. A jump map that indicates where actions need to be taken.
2. Fun hidden object scenes with an alternate game - in this place a jigsaw puzzle.
3. Interesting puzzles with adequate explanation.

I have enjoyed all the "Fear For Sale" games and this one is no exception.

posted in House of 1000 Doors: Evil Inside on Apr 21, 15 9:41 PM
The hint button absolutely does something - it points you toward the direction you need to go next which is a definite saving grace since there is no map. I loved this game. Perhaps not quite as much as the others in the series, but I felt like it held its own.

posted in PuppetShow: The Price of Immortality on Apr 15, 15 9:05 PM
Loved this game. The plot is a total departure from the previous Puppet Show games and is very imaginative. Gameplay is a lot of fun, and the map is very helpful. I agree that the ending is awful, though.

posted in League of Light: Wicked Harvest on Nov 15, 14 4:29 PM
I really enjoyed this game. Excellent graphics and captivating gameplay - once I got started I just couldn't stop. When you find a object you use it fairly quickly: no finding an object at the beginning that you can't use until the end (don't you just hate that?)

There is a jump map with exclamation marks showing where a task can be accomplished as well as a hint button that is useful outside the hidden object scenes, which moves this game into my most favorite category. And although the story line is a tad predictable, the journey to the end is fun and imaginative.

posted in Maestro: Dark Talent on Oct 14, 14 3:36 PM
The game is fun to play, but WAY too short! In fact when it suddenly ended I couldn't believe that was all there was to it - ERS usually gives us a lot more game. Also, I found the map to be next to useless.

posted in Cradle of Rome on Oct 7, 14 5:09 PM
I've probably completed this game 15 times since I bought it and never received the fisherman. I began to believe sightings of him were questionable, like the Yeti. Then on the level where I received the "mixer" I used it again and again, refilling it almost as soon as I used it, and then - BAM! The fisherman appeared! I sat with my mouth open for a couple of seconds before it dawned on me I needed to finish the level.

Now I can retire from Cradle of Rome with the satisfaction of knowing I have truly reached Mount Olympus! (The irony is, however, that this is the one and only time I've played that I didn't earn the priest!)

posted in PuppetShow: Lightning Strikes on Sep 27, 14 9:15 PM
I found the English to be more than stilted - sometimes it was completely incomprehensible. One puzzle instruction said you had to hunt for "consiliences"???
I know they have someone over at ERS who can write better English than this!

posted in Nearwood on Sep 22, 14 11:22 PM
Does Jane become a child again once her family is restored? The picture at the end shows a mother, father and child together although Jane is most certainly an adult during the entire gameplay up to this point. I don't like the idea that her life is reset and all the years her aunt spent lovingly raising her are wiped out.

I may be expecting too much from the story line for a game, but after spending 4 or 5 hours playing I start to care about the characters and what happens to them.

posted in Dark Sisterhood: The Initiation on Sep 21, 14 9:33 PM
notaboruw wrote:did anyone else finish this game? Just wondering what happens if you give the spell book to Fatime instead of the white witch....

Just as you might expect, giving the spell book to Fatine results in a decidedly unhappy ending! Write me a private message if you want to know exactly what happens.

posted in Witch Hunters: Full Moon Ceremony on Sep 20, 14 10:42 PM
Totally disagree with the bad reviews! I thought the artwork was exceptional, with a lot of imagination used to design all the different rooms and locales, and there were a lot of different places to visit. The jump-map was excellent and always indicated where there was something to do.

There were a lot of objects to gather and a lot of running back and forth in order to use them but the use of the objects made perfect sense. In other words, when you found a tool you knew exactly where to use it, even if you couldn't remember how to get to the location - so the map comes in handy constantly.

There is no over-click penalty on casual mode and the hint refills very quickly. The mini games were mostly easy and self-explanatory, but there were a few that needed much more explanation than was provided.

I consider myself an intermediate player, and for those of you who do not require a game to be impossibly difficult to enjoy it, I highly recommend you give this one a try.

posted in Forest Legends: The Call of Love on Sep 4, 14 2:52 PM
Wonderful game. Nice and long. Well worth a credit.

posted in Ominous Objects: Family Portrait on Aug 23, 14 12:11 AM
To add to the tedious hidden object scenes, there is an inordinate number of putting pieces together to form a whole or following a recipe to make something. Every game seems to have one or two of these thrown in, but this game has one aggravating thing to manufacture after another. And this is on top of the not-so-easy mini games! Enough already!

I really want to like this game because the story, graphics, gameplay and interactive map are all great. But because of the above problems, I find I can only play it for about 30 minutes at a time before I become burned out.

posted in Dead Reckoning: Silvermoon Isle on Aug 12, 14 9:49 PM
I agree with some that the "questioning the suspects" aspect was gimmicky and slowed down the pace, but I thought this was a great game nevertheless. The artwork was gorgeous and the map was extremely helpful. On easy mode the hint button refilled in record time and there was no click penalty in the hidden object scenes.

I also like being able to play an alternate game to a hidden object scene. I would have preferred a match 3 or jigsaw puzzle to the bubble popper, but at least an alternative of some kind was offered.

I liked some of the mini games, but others were just too tedious to stick with to completion. Oh well, that's what the "skip" button is for!

As I said, a great game superior to most. Eipix is proving itself to be a major contender, and I have yet to be disappointed with any of its releases. I highly recommend this game!

posted in Royal Detective: Queen of Shadows on Jun 5, 14 2:36 PM
No, the ending of the SE is not conclusive. Your quest to save the mother is complete, but Princess makes a wish at the end and you do not see whether or not it comes true. However, I felt satisfied with the ending and didn't feel cheated at all, so I definitely recommend the SE version.

In fact, I thought this game was far superior to the previous Royal Detective game. With the interactive map and the helpful hint button, I was never at a loss to know where to go and what to do next.

posted in Phenomenon: Outcome on Jun 4, 14 7:13 PM
Sometimes I get that message if I try buying through the game manager. Have you tried buying it through the game site?

posted in Dark Dimensions: City of Ash on Jun 2, 14 9:43 PM
The game was too short, the puzzles were too hard, and the hidden object scenes were just plain weird. Definitely NOT the best of the Dark Dimensions series.

posted in New York Mysteries: Secrets of the Mafia on May 23, 14 12:01 AM
I thought the story line had a great twist and the ending actually made sense for a change!

Although some of the puzzles were ones we've seen before, the unique ones often didn't give enough instruction, or the instructions were poorly worded - at any rate I was forced to skip a few.

The hidden object scenes were the kind that had you find one object and use it to find the next, which I thought was a lot of fun.

I am an absolute SUCKER for games that have a map showing where action needs to be taken, so I highly recommend this one!

Go to:   

KEY:    Unread    Read    Sticky    Locked    Announcement    Moved    Moderator