Posts created by CynthiaV

posted in Aquapolis on Jun 28, 09 9:21 AM
I agree that this game is a lot like the Build-a-Lot series only underwater. Has anyone finished this game yet? If so, how long is it and does it get more difficult like the BAL games? I like it but it doesn't look like it has many levels.

I really like this style game but don't want to spend a credit on a game that may only last an hour or two. I'm guessing too that it does have a decent replayability like the other building style games. Thanks!

posted in Hollywood Tycoon on Jun 26, 09 2:21 PM
I was very excited to see a tycoon game because I love them but this game left a lot to be desired. First of all, it's boring. Granted I only went 1/2 thru the demo but I couldn't stand much more of it than that. It seems all you do is build sets, buildings, etc. and then pick scripts and try to match actors to the script requirements. Not my cup of tea. But the most annoying thing about this game is that you use your mouse to scroll the sides to see your entire screen (studio). That's great but the problem I found was that when you go to view scripts and actors, my mouse assumed I wanted to scroll the screen when I tried to review the scripts and actors that scroll by on the top of the screen. So I had to keep going back and forth between the top of the screen and the "movie set" for which I was trying to cast an actor. I couldn't seem to turn the scrolling off (not sure you can) so after about a half hour I gave up and deleted this game. Pity, it had some potential but it just never got there. Sorry but I'm rating it

posted in Faerie Solitaire on Jun 22, 09 6:44 PM
Subsoap wrote:CynthiaV,

1. This is a known bug and is fixed in the next update.
2. FS1 has a pretty small screen compared to what FS2 will get (there's not much room left to add anything) though we're removing timed levels in FS2 completely. The only levels that have 1 minute goals are challenge levels. We should have never had timed levels to begin with. Live and learn!

Brian

I actually like the timed levels (did I just say that out loud? ut oh ) Seriously, it was kind of fun tho I know others don't think so, so maybe you could make it an option? I really didn't mind them in FS1 but am looking forward to FS2 and the update to this one with the pets.

Thanks again for being so prompt and obliging

posted in Faerie Solitaire on Jun 21, 09 4:38 PM
Hi again Brian--there's a couple more things I noticed now that I've finished the game: (1) I know someone else mentioned this already but there were a number of levels where the objectives did not list when the level started. (2) The other thing is a request--since there are quite a number of levels which require you to fill the purple gauge up in 1, 2, 3, 4...etc minutes, is there some way to have a visible timer since I was just guessing I beat the clock in these levels until they were over?

Even if you don't incorporate these changes, the game is still terrific and I hope it doesn't change too much. Thanks again

posted in Faerie Solitaire on Jun 12, 09 11:12 AM
chandlersmom wrote:Hi Cynthiav

It totally agree with you on this. I love this game and I'm so addicted. I played this game for 6 hours yesterday. Its awesome!

Hi chandlersmom -- LOL I think we need to start a Faerie Solitaire support group

posted in Faerie Solitaire on Jun 12, 09 10:18 AM
Brian - thanks so much for the explanation and super quick reply (I was off playing the game) . The learning curve isn't really that steep--its just me

I think because I have other games with pets and have taken it for granted that I can take care of them (feed them, play with them, etc.) I just expected that to be a part of this game too. I'm really glad to hear that you are thinking of updating and expanding this feature for the fishies at BFG -- as you can tell by the response, we all love that you are going to do this!

You and your partner/s are really good game developers because not only did you come up with a great game but you really care what we gamers think and want. That is really unique and I'm looking forward to what comes next. Thanks again. You are awesome!

PS I really like that you can replay scenes and levels. Also the statistics and the challenge levels. For any one who hasn't played this game because it is a card/board game I highly recommend you try it out. I think you'll love it too!

posted in Faerie Solitaire on Jun 12, 09 9:00 AM
Hi - from reading thru some of the posts it looks like you can't evolve the pets other than by collecting the necessary "ingredients." Is that right???

If that is true than I guess the trick is to activate pets for which you already have the "ingredients" to evolve. Yes?

So...if that's true then how to I "un"activate one pet for which I do not have the "ingredients" and activate another pet for which I do?

As you can see I'm a bit confused about this part of the game but I love this game regardless.

Thanks for the help....

posted in Faerie Solitaire on Jun 12, 09 7:22 AM
I agree with silvermist -- I too am "blown away" that you visited the pond to meet the fishies who love your game and ask for our input. I've only played about 30 minutes but knew right away that I loved the game (even without pets) and purchased it.

Thank you again for your care and consideration of us game players. Seems like it would be intuitive but you are indeed rare! I'm really looking forward to what else you have in store for us Faerie lovers -- keep great games like this coming! Thanks again

posted in Plants vs. Zombies on May 21, 09 8:18 PM
I'm loving this game and agree it is really addictive. I've also enjoyed everyone's posts and all the helpful hints. I'll certainly be buying this game as soon as my monthly credit shows.

I guess this sort of puts to rest the claim that BFG wouldn't be able to offer any really good games after they did away with the tiered game club and offered $6.99 games to all.

posted in Yard Sale Hidden Treasures: Lucky Junction on May 16, 09 9:10 PM
gringojoy wrote:Yes is must be a glitch. And I'm sorry.
I had red marks to cut on mine.
Have you uninstalled & reinstalled? I'm not sure that would help.
It's worth a try.
Maybe go to customer support?
It's a real fun game & I hope you get to enjoy it all the way through.

Thanks gringojoy - I did try to reinstall but it still happened. It was during the demo as I hadn't yet decided whether I wanted to purchase the game. It was a lot of fun so if I decide to use my credit I'll certainly contact 's wonderful CS team. Thanks again and have fun playing!

posted in Yard Sale Hidden Treasures: Lucky Junction on May 16, 09 8:52 PM
Haven't seen anyone post anything on this issue yet:

After I collected all the items for J. Dean's room and after I cut the 4 holes in the green felt the game seemed to skip a step. According to the walkthrough in the blog the next step is to place the pool balls but I was never given this option, instead I was asked to cut the pool sticks on the line marked to make table legs. Problem is there's no marks on the pool sticks and no matter where you try and cut nothing happens. Not sure but this seems like another glitch.

posted in Wandering Willows on May 8, 09 8:33 PM
lil_chickadee wrote:Depends on what you like, I guess. I'm a major spader/completionist, so I love this. Trying to figure out how many patterns, recipes, pets, etc there are and collecting one of each...that's my cup of tea. I can see how it would drive an action-oriented person nuts, though. Same way all those "hurry up and please the customers before your head blows up" games drive me nuts. That's why there are different games for different gamer-types.

Hi lil_chickadee (love your name). I know this is a little off topic but what is a spader? I have seen this word used a few times in the forums but don't know what it means. Anyone? Thanks

PS - I agree, I love this game too so I must be a spader!

posted in Wandering Willows on May 5, 09 9:40 PM
I was on the fence about this game too at first then I read the good reviews here and decided to give it another try. Now I am totally addicted! It does go on and on like others have said and the tasks get more involved though never to the point of being impossible like some other games that require strategy guides. I'm a fan of those games too but this one is just so cute and clever and even the character banter is so funny that it really is charming.

It is a game that adults can play as I have been enjoying it for hours now but also one that older children or families can enjoy together. Give it a try and you may just get hooked too. I know it won't be for everyone but this is definitely one that many should find entertaining and provide hours (and I do mean hours) of fun.

posted in Winemaker Extraordinaire on Apr 21, 09 8:48 PM
shanyem wrote:This is the first game that I've played in this genre and I like it so far except for one thing...I have to make Syrah and can't find where to get the grapes! lol! All the guilds say I have to finish Canada first but I when I try to make the Syrah it doesn't tell me where to find the grapes! Any help? Oh, and I'm going to download Chocolatier and see how that is!

Hey Shanyem - welcome to the pond! If you like this game you are going to love love love the Chocolatier series. I recommend if you purchase them that you play them in sequence (I, II, III) since the story continues throughout. Happy gaming!

posted in Winemaker Extraordinaire on Apr 18, 09 5:21 PM
I just finished the demo and am kind of on the fence with this one. I love the Chocolatier games and agree that this is kind of like them but not as elaborate. To be fair, those games did get more inventive as they evolved--don't think Chocolatier I was as good as III but that's just me.

How many levels does this game have? I didn't get very far in the demo (was in the process of making 50 cases of Merlot for the guy in Austria if I remember correctly).

It looks like you can own a lot of wineries (like factories and stores in Chocolatier) but I guess I'm wondering how long it is. I'm just wondering how much more challenging and how much longer it is.

Sorry to ramble and thanks for listening...

posted in Wonderburg on Apr 7, 09 2:43 PM
I guess as usual it's different strokes for different folks. I played the demo and think the game is really imaginative and clever (yes and even funny). It is somewhat like Build a Lot but less stressful and definitely easier. Most of the building/strategy games remind me of a previous one but that isn't a problem for me since they often improve (option of no timer, better sandbox, etc.). But the bottom line is no one is forcing me to buy it and I know it won't be too long before another one comes along that will suit me just fine. I don't think descriptions that claim a game is, "lame" are very helpful to other gamers trying to decide if a game is worth purchasing, especially those new to gaming and building/strategy games. No offense intended. You must be a good gamer if you got a gold star on each level -- congratulations! But not everyone is as good or experienced.

Although I enjoyed this game I didn't purchase it because the screen was so busy I had a hard time keeping track of what was going on. Witches flying off to uncurse houses, pirates scampering around committing piratey mayhem, dwarves rushing off to do my bidding and that was only 30 minutes into the demo. I don't even want to think what might come next -- strenghtening, hexing and unhexing. OMG

I say give it a try and you might really enjoy a low stress game with great graphics that as others have said they are enjoying with other family members.

posted in The Book of Wanderer: The Story of Dragons on Apr 7, 09 9:56 AM
I also like dragon-themed games and the graphics on this one are nice. I seem to remember a similar type game that came out a while ago called "Fairies." I purchased it from so I'm sure its still available. That game is similar in that you slide rows to make matches and they gecome frozen, etc. but the difference is that the "jars" you matched contained trapped fairies that were released when you made the match. Really neat. Also the pictures you unlocked were gorgeous but obviously they were of fairies (another fav of mine) not dragons. It is a very challenging game that I still play from time to time.

Must say that the slide and match type game is a bit annoying to me since the locks/freezes come fast and furious and I find it very frustrating that you have to keep going back to earn enough match spells to get past some levels. Not for me but I'm sure many will find it a lot of fun with nice dragon inspired graphics.

posted in Puzzle Park on Mar 31, 09 6:31 PM
I'm also happily surprised by this little match-3 with the curious name. I usually ignore the game titles and view the screen shots but that doesn't always help either. I too have learned to download all demos as I almost lost out on one of my all time favs, "Fairway Solitaire" because it looked like just another solitaire game--boy was I wrong. Thank God it got a lewbabes thumbs up which caused me to give it a second look.

I think I'll purchase this game since I agree it is a fun game for, "inbetween." Now I'm itching to get to the spaceship powerup! Thanks to everyone for their reviews.

posted in Romopolis on Mar 31, 09 5:03 PM
Hi SAN8402 and welcome! I don't post a lot but do check the TGT forums and Chit-Chat corner every day for interesting posts, etc. and of course whenever I get stuck in a game. Sorry I can't help but didn't purchase Romopolis. All the fish in the pond are really friendly and helpful. I love Be Rich and Forgotten Lands and play them over and over again too. Same with Fairy Godmother Tycoon, Be A King, Big Kahuna Reef and Lost in the Reefs! Seems we have similar tastes in games. I haven't tried CIVCITY Rome and Glory of the Roman Empire but will definitely be taking a look at them since you recommended them and we seem to like the same kinds of games--thanks!

Have you tried any of the Build A Lot or Westward games? They're building/time mgmt/strategy type games. Each game has 2 sequels so if you like the original game you can keep going with them which I really like once I get hooked on a type of game. BF offers all 6 games. Take care and happy gaming!

posted in Romopolis on Mar 30, 09 10:27 AM
Poodlebear wrote:
CynthiaV wrote:
Poodlebear wrote:I don't think I'll be trying this one as screen shots didn't show any people and if I'm going to play God I need little people scurrying about doing my bidding...

One question about Timer - can it be turned off? I don't mind playing for trophies and if you don't make the timer you don't get the trophy but can still complete the tasks, but I won't play if the Timer means failure and you can't shut it off.

I'm with you Poodlebear -- I love watching my minions scurrying around. That was one of the things I didn't like about this game and love about Be Rich and Be A King. The other is that I couldn't see any way to turn off the timer. Oh well. Okay game that could've been better with a few tweaks. When will they learn?!!

Guess I'll give Be Rich's demo a go. I had assumed it was a "Buildings Only" kinda game. Since the current TGT is a bust (IMO anyway, never understood slot machines that don't actually pay) and my mind tonite doesn't seem up to the 3 LF games I'm currently playing...

Cynthia - did you ever play a game called Dungeon Keeper II? Anytime anyone says "minions" in respect to this sort of game I think of that one. Though that was less a "God Game" than.... Game

Hi Poodle: No I never tried Dungeon Keeper but think I'll give it a look. Be Rich is a building game but it has little people walking around giving happy faces and thumbs up kind of like the Tycoon style games. They aren't exactly, "minions" in the purest sense of the word but I still do like to know that my little town is inhabited and that's something Romopolis doesn't have that is a turn off to me. Thanks for the suggestion as I've been layed up after double knee surgery this past week and have been a little disappointed with some of the games lately and have a credit burning a hole in my pocket

Go to:   

KEY:    Unread    Read    Sticky    Locked    Announcement    Moved    Moderator