Posts created by Doodlebug2

posted in Midnight Castle on Jan 27, 16 3:38 PM
Happy Birthday

posted in Wanderland on Jan 2, 16 3:10 PM
Player ID is 123453, playing as Dee on level 34. I just opened the Mermaid she is asking for Pearl Seashells. I have 7 in my inventory. Why are they not registering?

posted in Nightfall: An Edgar Allan Poe Mystery on Jul 26, 15 7:23 AM
It seems to me there could be some consideration to the Big Fish customers to discover if there is anymore to this game or is it all it is going to be. I find it hard to believe there is no line of communication between Big Fish and the game developers it offers for sale.

posted in Nightfall: An Edgar Allan Poe Mystery on Jul 24, 15 7:02 AM
Is there an update being developed? I am tired of wasting time on this game, if this is all there is.

posted in Nightfall: An Edgar Allan Poe Mystery on Jul 20, 15 12:29 PM
The tools are used to catch the wolves, evil old man, and such that you find in such places are Legrand's House, Rue de La Reynie, Rue Bailleuli St., and the Graveyard.

posted in Wanderland on Jul 14, 15 6:22 AM
This was just the final straw. I deleted the game and won't come back until the players are heard and there is some real consideration to make the game enjoyable.

posted in Wanderland on Jul 1, 15 9:13 AM
dk413 wrote:Changing the HOS graphics, which didn't need fixing was a waste and is now a hindrance to progressing especially in night and timed modes. Their time would have been better spent fixing the issues we have told them about since day 1 or at least opening a new area. Our pleas have fallen on deaf ears unfortunately. They say money talks, just maybe they will hear this. Not one penny will I spend until -
1. Locations such as the well, shelter, etc give me the rewards I have paid for. Not stop because I can't afford to or choose not to upgrade.
2. The number of rubies needed to purchase 1 item comes down a lot to a reasonable amount.
3. The number of access items like torches required to play a HOS is lowered to say 1-3, not increased to 5-7 per search.
4. Drop rate increased for items needed to activate collections, banish Ogres, turgs, gremlins etc and access the scenes
5. Fix the glitches you have been made aware of since the launch.

These requests are not unreasonable nor impossible for developers. To make money in business you have to satisfy your customers.

I agree. Why do the updates always include player penalties? Get rid of the timed HOS. There so many items that require double clicking it is fairly impossible to do a timed scene without (of course) buying time freezers.

posted in Wanderland on Jun 27, 15 8:28 AM
The only problem with voicing our opinions is, we are getting hoarse from talking (so to speak). Each update seems to follow the everything changes everything stays the same rule. The devs make design changes, but add no benefits to players. I am out of here, again. I did spend the 2.99 to get the potion chest, only to discover that is all it contained. Why did it not include any energy items, collection items or activators. So once again, I can only play for 15 minutes. The potions to increase energy refill are not really helpful. You still have to leave and come back. Most of us would much rather have a longer play time instead of multiple play times. See ya next update, maybe.

sthrightwhale wrote:I can't see any harm in downloading our thoughts and wishes for the game. Remember, we as the players keep the game going, so it is in the developers best interests to keep us happy. The more of us that voice our opinions the stronger the message will be received.
I must admit, I hadn't paid any attention to the 'political situation' of the game, I have spent my time trying to obtain items to finish quest, if I think about that I would get nowhere.
I have added bonus ideas above and would value any input.

posted in The Emptiness on Jun 25, 15 2:04 PM
This is a point-n-click adventure game and for those people who found it challenging, I think, like me, they have gotten used to hints and helps at every step. This type of game is all about solving the puzzles with very little help. You wander around and around until you think you are getting dizzy and then you solve the puzzle, finally. This is a good example of this genre. Definitely not for everyone, but I enjoyed finding it here on Big Fish.

posted in Wanderland on Jun 25, 15 9:45 AM
Well, this is a fail. I had deleted the game and then reactivated at this update. I do not see enough positive changes to pay anything. The ridiculous timed, cursed scenes just put an undo burden on the player. I really like the HOS in this game and the double penalty just makes it frustrating, not enjoyable. The drop rate is non existent, still. The cost, in rubies, of items is so burdensome that purchasing rubies is a fool's play. How can $19.99 get you so few rubies? I hate this game for its inability to play fair. Goodbye again until next update. No money spent here and won't be until the price drops for items or the cost of rubies is lowered. Please have some consideration for the players and maybe they would willingly spend money on this game. Also, I finally got enough torchs to do the Ice Cave only to find out there is no change. They changed almost all of the HOS that were reasonable and kept this one and The Mill (the 2 most difficult) the same.

posted in Midnight Castle on Jun 8, 15 8:49 AM
Thank you all for your support. I uninstalled the PC version today and want you all to know. Thanks again

posted in Midnight Castle on May 28, 15 9:47 AM
jakeybubby wrote:Wonderful news Glad to here you are safe and back in the castle. What would we do without your great advice and wisdom? [/quote

:thumbup :

posted in Wanderland on May 15, 15 8:00 AM
I gave up and deleted this game. There was simply no way to progress. The Tent remains unopened. I paid to open the Temple and that was such a waste. I really like the challenge the HOS offer. Everything else is just poor development and lack of understanding player mentality.

posted in Midnight Castle on May 14, 15 1:13 PM
FudgeChi wrote:I'd just like to add that in the later levels, they have taken this into consideration The last 2 updates for content are much better, utilizing the new ZZ;s and not multiple crafting. You just have to go through this "bad" patch!

Thanks for this encouragement. I was getting ready to delete this game because of this constant begging of characters for the same item over and over. I will try and hang in here a little longer since there is light at the end of the tunnel and because players are so great at giving advice and support when needed. Thanks again

posted in Midnight Castle on May 14, 15 8:22 AM
My wish for the new update is this: No 2 of an item to craft, instead, utilize all of the zoom zones and all of the items in the crafting laboratory. Once the levels hit 30 something there are plenty of crafting items. Why not have to craft 4 different items. It is very boring to have to craft 2 Card of Destiny or Iron Bark Amulet (which has happened too frequently). Also, stop repeating the same items over and over (The Crafty Leprechaun or Oak Mug) There certainly are enough items in the crafting laboratory, that with a little imagination, the developers could avoid this very boring irritation.

posted in Midnight Castle on May 6, 15 12:14 PM
I play on iPad my id is i1804410 and I play as Abigail. I am still trying to craft Reindeer and Penquin. This is what I lack: 20 blue cards, 8 red cards and 5 green cards. I really appreciate all of the help I am receiving thanks to everyone.

posted in Midnight Castle on May 5, 15 3:44 PM
Sorry for your loss of progress. If you are playing on a device and you don't stop the app, this will sometimes cause you to lose progress. On iPad, press the home button twice and swipe the running apps off the screen. This also saves battery power. On Kindle Fire, you can close applications from Quick Switch. Open Quick Switch, and then drag the app icon from the panel to the center of the screen to force stop the app. This action also removes the app from the Carousel. On an android phone, at least this is how mine works, I press and hold the home button to open Task Manager, then hit the clear all button to stop running apps. If you need anything more technical, try the device website's support. Good Luck

posted in Midnight Castle on May 5, 15 3:34 PM
This might help depending on which Kindle Fire you are using. You do not have to turn the device off, you just need to stop the app from running in background.

"You can also close applications from Quick Switch. Open Quick Switch, and then drag the app icon from the panel to the center of the screen to force stop the app. This action also removes the app from the Carousel."

posted in Midnight Castle on May 2, 15 7:38 PM
lwilletts wrote:I also am not sure if my antivirus program was the problem, but there seemed to be something wrong with it and I fixed it - now the game works. THANKS for the tip, Doodlebug2, I certainly would not have thought of looking at that!!!

You're welcome. Glad I was able to help.

posted in Midnight Castle on May 2, 15 9:18 AM
lwilletts wrote:Ever since I downloaded the new update I have not been able to get into the game. I always get the "Unable to connect to the server" message. I know this has happened before, but it usually works itself out. It has now been 2 days, and other than sending a report to BF - does anyone else have any ideas? Thanks, Lillian.

I do not know if this will help you, but since the update I was having issues with the game loading and then play was very sluggish. I found out yesterday by disabling my virus software and then playing the game that it was the problem. Apparently, something changed with the new update and I had to go to support from the antivirus developer.

Go to:   

KEY:    Unread    Read    Sticky    Locked    Announcement    Moved    Moderator