Posts created by chris_2_4

posted in Midnight Castle on Aug 22, 14 7:14 AM
dacastello wrote:Following the find path to a HOS does not always return a desired item when used for a daily quest or an independent craft. (An independent create is one not created through the professor quest menu.) In fact, the HOS seems to continue to return the same item over and over again. It never returns the required daily quest item after many passes through the HOS. This makes it impossible to complete the quest after many hours of trial.

You are completely correct DC; it is a total pain in the asterisk! (as in it makes me scream ******* a lot!) I don;t know why the Devs have left this flaw in the game, unless it is at the insistance of the money men
(or perhaps Devs is short for devils!

posted in Midnight Castle on Aug 21, 14 5:39 AM
I want to thank the following special people
Cowgirl*
Astronut **
Steph's Mystic Manor*
Bev*
Anabel
Adeline*
Player - I am so in debt to you; why do you have nothing on your wishlist?*
Ernesto
Life
Trudi
Sondra
Chantel54
Nemesis
Star
derek
Jelessa
ems*
Bella
samantha
Lilli
Jenjen
Chrisa
Hma
Chaney
Becca*
Gypsi
Silverlace*
Monet*
Amy*
Marina
Jeff
Linda
Jason*
Chandra*
Vuck*
Ole (formerly Inspektor)*
Rorona Amy*
Anya*
Kazzie*

You have all gifted me at one time or another, I I do appreciate it. Those annotated with * have been helpful recently (in the last month) and I want to thank them heartily for their help and support - especially the new friends who have come along with a great attitude and reciprocate most of the gifts I give And especially Astro, who is a crazy lady and fun, as well as the top and best of freinds

posted in Midnight Castle on Aug 21, 14 5:29 AM
chris_2_4 wrote:
debbiedevore1958 wrote:I had 2 blood lotus when I signed off the game last night but had none when I signed into the game this morning

For the first time (at least that I have noticed) a similar thing happened to me; I had completed one of the archaeologist's tasks and was waiting to accumulate gold to open the next scene which he had set (so many 6000 gp scenes so close together! ) and today - 3 days later, when I went to do his tasks the item I had crafted for the first part was gone! Previously I have come across items that i thought I had being missing, but put it down to either 1) bad memory or 2) having given that item to another character as part of their quests. This time I know neither of those is the reason - so, BF: where are the items disappearing to?

Happened again: last night I crafted the Ring of Irrepresibility (I think it is called) for Annabelle, and had to craft a second (damn unfair!!) but I needed the items to unlock the skull on the wall, which I had just opened for the previous crafting. So I left it for today - for the gametable and armour and banners to recharge. Today I come back and craft the second one, and find I only have one!

What is going on?!! I don't know if it is symptomatic of the same issue, but I am finding that when I come back to the game I am not in the same room I departed from: I always begin and end the game in Took's bar. Today I came back by the Broken Carriage. Not the first time.

BF - what are you doing? Another ploy to make people buy gems? Or you just want us all to quit through frustration and disgust?

posted in Midnight Castle on Aug 20, 14 3:29 PM
Excuse me, but am I the only one who thinks the current quests, demanding 2 of half the items, is just incredibly unfair?

posted in Midnight Castle on Aug 15, 14 8:09 AM
debbiedevore1958 wrote:I had 2 blood lotus when I signed off the game last night but had none when I signed into the game this morning

For the first time (at least that I have noticed) a similar thing happened to me; I had completed one of the archaeologist's tasks and was waiting to accumulate gold to open the next scene which he had set (so many 6000 gp scenes so close together! ) and today - 3 days later, when I went to do his tasks the item I had crafted for the first part was gone! Previously I have come across items that i thought I had being missing, but put it down to either 1) bad memory or 2) having given that item to another character as part of their quests. This time I know neither of those is the reason - so, BF: where are the items disappearing to?

posted in Midnight Castle on Aug 14, 14 4:32 AM
Fleur de lis; well done BF - shows you do listen to sage advice

Now, may I ask - regarding the Daily quests: why are all the HOS you are sent to the same ones, from the first section of the castle? Wouldn't it be good to add HOS from the latter areas (ie: from the grotto to cloud city)? That way it would be more varied for the players and make boring HOS (precisely the ones in the grotto) more useful.

Thanks for the repairs you have done: will you ever fix the code that controls the flower drops, or d you like it like that?

posted in Midnight Castle on Aug 13, 14 2:59 PM
Astronut

posted in Midnight Castle on Aug 10, 14 8:39 AM
Thank you , hugely, to Steph Bev, Monet, Cowgirl, R.Anni, player liz and - a wonderful person as well as gamer - sweet Abs!
Yesterday I deleted 12 people from my friends list; I think the majority of them were not being selfish but have actually left the game, as I noted the same items on their wishlists for a long time. I felt guilty deleting them, but I cannot let people distract me from the wonderful players (as those above!) who play the give-and-take fairly.
but I still feel sad about it

posted in Midnight Castle on Aug 7, 14 5:06 PM
OMG OMG OMG - my name appeared Thank you Abs, and thank you for being such a great and supportive friend!
And thanks to my other constant friends, cowgirl. monet, bev, stephs mystic manor, and player_liz. You all give so much and I hope I reciprocate enough to make you happy

posted in Midnight Castle on Aug 5, 14 12:54 PM
chris_2_4 wrote:Are you kidding me!? Ragnis wants multiples of the same items! WTH - that is just insanely unfair! Maybe time to quit

and then more places to open at high prices and crazy craftings that cost 2-4000 gp!
You know, BF, greed can kill a company

posted in Midnight Castle on Aug 3, 14 3:32 PM
Are you kidding me!? Ragnis wants multiples of the same items! WTH - that is just insanely unfair! Maybe time to quit

posted in Midnight Castle on Aug 2, 14 1:19 PM
Does it seem fair that the costs of things - opening new areas, crafting items etc - increases all the time and yet the rewards stay pitiful?

posted in Midnight Castle on Aug 2, 14 8:35 AM
Whatchawant17 wrote:Can't Buy Access to Valeria
In the Town, I'm being prompted to buy access to Valeria at a castle-looking structure for 10,000 coins. I currently have 10,400 coins and the checkbox will not activate.

Hi,
are you sure you are at the right level? If the shield thing has a number that is higher than your level, you will have to wait. It happens. Keep on playing and you will get there

But - you could always give me your coins if you want

posted in Midnight Castle on Jul 27, 14 4:22 PM
As well as my usual constant friends, Steph, cowgirl, ambrosia rose, bev, and swet monet, I also want to thank my new angel friend, abby. You are a ray of sunshine /// ok, there was no sunshine emote, so now you are a rainbow after some dreary days

posted in Midnight Castle on Jul 23, 14 1:49 PM
LOL
Thanks Rosie - that timing bar is insane. I am trying to ignore the score and focus on getting quicker and quicker, but I think my head is going to implode (possibly from over-teeth-grinding?)
Anyway- there is humour to relieve the stress - like the new Armoury having a humongous cotton bud! (really think that is another mis-label, like the "hatchet" for "meat cleaver" and "lilly" for fleur de lis - to name but a couple)
Best not take anything too seriously

posted in Midnight Castle on Jul 22, 14 3:14 PM
I don;t get the scoring. After the last couple of updates my scores have dropped dramatically, and yet I have improved my timing somewhat. Now, instead of geting around the 290K mark, the best I seem able to achieve is 270 - once in a while hitting near 290, but also often getting just below 200!
Is there any rhyme or reason to the scoring?
(I too play for the goodies, but THAT CLOCK!! must beat it!

posted in Midnight Castle on Jul 22, 14 3:10 PM
Hey! Am I imagining things or have you guys improved the gift giving? I swear I am able to give twice a day now

On the negative side (sorry, but that is really what the thread is about) Why can we still not select the items we want from the HOS? And WHY are the craftings so damn expensive now? Seriously, I lie not, I have spent over 50,000 gold in the last 2 days. One item was 4,000 GP and I received, I think it was, 50 gold for doing it. How bad a tradesman is my character? Please, be a little fairer. Same with the items to open the (whatever they are called) areas - why are the same things repeatedly used - like the Banner of Loyalty - while others (ie: druid hand etc) are used so rarely? I have near 100 of the witches' hands, and am constantly running out of the... the red stone that goes almost everywhere in the new scenes (sorry; I just don't memorise the names)

To finish on a positive note again: day 3 and still no empty lists in the HOS. Bravo - you really seem to have fixed that
Now, about the coins, object names, multiple items......

posted in Midnight Castle on Jul 21, 14 1:21 PM
HI BFG - just wanted to say that I finally installed the update 3 days ago, and since then I have not had ANY empty item lists in the HOS; so thank you very very much!

just as an aside - can anyone tell me, is there actually any worth in the "Avatar" thngs? I mean, they are given as rewards for achievements, but I fail to see what use they are. Do they provide you with double scores? better gifts from your pets? Or is it simply a pointless picture?
Just wondering

posted in Midnight Castle on Jul 21, 14 1:17 PM
My sweet friend who had previously been just PLAYER, who has been so nice from day one, has finally got a real name - so I want to especially today thank MONET: you are dear and sweet

(hee hee - just thought I should say "Monet makes my world go around"... hey, you: don't groan so loud! I thought it was a good one

posted in Midnight Castle on Jul 19, 14 1:13 PM
Ken_TheDoctor wrote:In the belfrey HOS there are 22 items listed on the screen but only 21 actually present... the bracelet was not there.

I played the HOS three times running, its my favourite screen so I know all of the positions that the objects are placed in. three times running there was no bracelet. I even used the <HINT> button this worked very well... it circled the location where the bracelet SHOULD HAVE been... but the location was empty each time: and each time there was a different location. There is no way to collect a missing item so I had to exit the HOS by hitting the red-X.

ADDED 20 min later...

The Bracelet is also missing from the Mosaic Pannel HOS... its the same design bracelet so it can't be a coincidence!

Just a thought - would using the "wand" collect the invisible items?

Go to:   

KEY:    Unread    Read    Sticky    Locked    Announcement    Moved    Moderator