Posts created by shripch

posted in Sable Maze: Forbidden Garden Collector's Edition on Jul 24, 14 11:23 AM
What form?

posted in Aztec Venture on Jul 22, 14 11:47 AM
Well, I just finished the trial so I guess I'm a long way from level 71, so I can't speak to your dilemma. I'm just enjoying sticking around a level long enough to get 5 stars on each puzzle. This is going to take awhile!
I'm glad to hear there will be diamonds involved

posted in Aztec Venture on Jul 22, 14 11:40 AM
There is a great puzzle game in Farmington Tales 2 that I love. It involves stacking hay bales , and it's a hoot. This game is much like it and just as addicting. And I've already discovered that you can replay the individual puzzles over and over until you get the coveted 5 stars. Cool stuff! A buy for me!

posted in Nevertales: Shattered Image Collector's Edition on Jul 20, 14 1:44 PM
Well now I know I'm not nuts! Thanks for helping out here. Yeah, it is a great game.

posted in Nevertales: Shattered Image Collector's Edition on Jul 19, 14 10:01 PM
Is any one else irritated by the back ground "thumping" beat? I am finding it's over use quite annoying. It sounds like a movie trick to make us aware of something big happening, to build tension. Maybe it's just me! In my game it overwhelms the music.

posted in Nevertales: Shattered Image Collector's Edition on Jul 19, 14 11:25 AM
oceanwaves29 wrote:I can't find a morphing object in the HOPS. Are you sure they are there?

Yes they are there. So are jig saw puzzle pieces shaped like circles,found scattered through out the game. I had to just "slow down" and let the morphs do there morphing thing in order to see them.

posted in Nevertales: Shattered Image Collector's Edition on Jul 19, 14 11:14 AM
An almost instant buy for me! I only needed a few minutes of trial to know I wanted this game. Fantastic!

posted in Nevertales: Shattered Image Collector's Edition on Jul 19, 14 11:12 AM
There are pieces of a jig saw puzzle, shaped like circles, to be found, as well as the morphing objects. The morphs are only in the HOS, and the puzzle pieces are scattered around.

posted in Ominous Objects: Family Portrait Collector's Edition on Jul 18, 14 12:00 AM
My problem with this game has to do with the "blah" reaction the mother has to her missing children. And the slow reaction of our character, the father. Everyone is so, so slow. And the lack of facial movement! That really turns me off. No buy, even as a SE.

posted in Dead Reckoning: Silvermoon Isle Collector's Edition on Jul 13, 14 12:47 PM
I love this game! As much as I loved all of the Final Cut games. Same great graphics, characters, cut scenes, etc. And I really like the fact that if I miss a morphing object I can redo the HOS from the main menu and find it. Can't wait to access the extra stuff at the end..
One problem, and this is with almost all of the developers; Would I really be so stupid I'd forget the crow bar along the way? Why, oh why, do we have to "find" new tools? Please expand the inventory so we can combine tools and create new tools, and keep the ones we've already found! If you need an example of a fantastic inventory, look no further than Return To Treasure Island. That inventory was a marvel!

posted in Fright Collector's Edition on Jun 28, 14 5:01 PM
Oh yes! Children of the Corn, here I come! Just a short demo time and I was hooked. Good spooky stuff. Just right HOS, puzzles that are fun,and the setting! And a sale! I'm a happy camper. Bought the Haunted Hotel, Ancient Bane on the same sale, so I'm set for our coming road trip through small town America. Just right for those strange motels!

posted in Dark Parables: Ballad of Rapunzel Collector's Edition on Jun 27, 14 12:05 PM
I too, found this game so boring I just couldn't continue! Too many "pretty" things to pick up and place. Every scene was so loaded with "pretty" I became overloaded with a sugar high I thought I might gain weight! Enough! Done! Kaput! Out of here!

I've made the decision to purchase this game, but mainly because of the sale. Sales must be working for BFG because we can count on one very weekend!
This is an average game. Not a "very good" or "great" game, but okay. Good for those of us who MUST play a game (drives my husband nuts ) or perish. Does that mean I'm addicted!? Must be. Time to get back to the hard stuff. Pure adventure. Maybe some Nancy Drew.

I'm not having any issues with the tech stuff ( not yet, though!). Just finished downloading the full version.

See, it pays to visit the forums! Thank you DD.

posted in Sea of Lies: Nemesis Collector's Edition on Jun 20, 14 11:04 AM
You can't enter the yard until you finish all tasks in the front area. The barrel on the left, the HOS, etc.

posted in Sea of Lies: Nemesis Collector's Edition on Jun 20, 14 11:02 AM
Not yet! But I'll let you know if I figure it out.

posted in Sea of Lies: Nemesis Collector's Edition on Jun 20, 14 10:59 AM
jacksjen wrote:Thanks for the info! We crips are such an overlooked group in so many different aspects which is normally okay with me, I understand I am in a distant minority. Some things are easy fixes though, and some developers, like elephant games and big Al allow you to play as "player" until if and when you change it like Joyce2121 said. It would be nice if this was the norm as opposed to an exception

As our society ages you are going to be in a much bigger "minority"! My first husband, who died in 2007, was a paraplegic. When people came to our house, which had been modified for him be an architect friend of ours, they would say "wow, all homes should be built like this! It's so comfortable!"
When games are modified to help you, we will ALL benefit! Thanks for bringing this issue to light.

posted in Sea of Lies: Nemesis Collector's Edition on Jun 19, 14 2:40 PM
I started this game being put off by the graphics, but the puzzles and game play are winning me over. I'm still in the trial, so "I'll be back" And we'll see what I think when the trial is over.

posted in Rite of Passage: Hide and Seek Collector's Edition on Jun 19, 14 10:34 AM
SeaBamboo wrote:Curiosity drove me to play the game a second time using the 'unfriendly' answers and the difference at the end almost past my notice.

If you hold your mouse key down to highlight the following sentence you will see what it was.
Nice answers - Angela goes home with 'Dad' and lives with them
Unfriendly answers - Angela remains alone

Not really anything to write home about

Thanks for answering the question. I almost did that too, but I had to replay it to get all the hand prints, so you gave me the answer I needed.

Go to:   

KEY:    Unread    Read    Sticky    Locked    Announcement    Moved    Moderator