Posts created by llaurelwreath

posted in Midnight Castle on Mar 25, 14 7:06 PM
I have a cat too who wants to keep me company while I play. He has to practically sit on my hands to be comfortable or on the back of my chair acting like a pirate's parrot only he purrs instead of squawking.

posted in Midnight Castle on Mar 25, 14 6:34 PM
Is everything OK? Hope all is well. I don't see any recent posts.

posted in Midnight Castle on Mar 25, 14 4:14 PM
I'm so jealous...I never see any eggs at all except the odd egg and I gave that one away to someone because it was on their wish list. I bought the Pegasus egg with diamonds early in the game before I knew about the forum. And I did get the cat, griffin and dragon eggs early on as well but I haven't seen another egg for weeks.My cat just brought me a diamond tonight.

posted in Midnight Castle on Mar 22, 14 7:52 PM
I also agree that MC is a great game and is worth some sort of monetary payout. I've enjoyed all of th BF games I've purchased. I have not played another game though since I started MC. I'm addicted to it and am willing to spend monthly what I would normally spend on a game. The game can be played totally free so it is not false advertising.

posted in Midnight Castle on Mar 22, 14 7:36 PM
Today I encountered my first issues with the Social database of the game.

I have a new friend but cannot seet her wish list although her identity show on my friend's list and she has scores in the HOS scene summaries. I can't gift her is I can't see her wishlist! Please advise what I can do to fix this issue.

I also encountered a heartbreaking problem with a gift from another friend. I was gifted a manticore egg but when I went to open the gift it diappearred and I can't find it in my inventory. The gift box never opened it just disappearred when I clicked on it.

I would consider it good customer service for BFG to give me an egg to replace the gift that disappeared. My ID code is 164047.

posted in Midnight Castle on Mar 20, 14 8:28 PM
Get better soon. I've had pneumonia. It's not fun. Doctor's were treating me for bronchitis and after 3 weeks and 3 doctor visits, my husband dragged me to the hospital where I stayed for 4 days. Hope your time there passes quickly.
Sending prayers.

posted in Midnight Castle on Mar 20, 14 8:02 PM
I'm still looking for a manticore, phoenix, or owl egg. I never see eggs except that "odd" that never hatches. I got one of those. Don't know what it's good for.

I'm still at level 17 and running through the game collecting everything I can to craft items to meet the 50 in 30 minutes achievement. The going is slow and I'm having trouble getting some of the things I need to make all of the items, but I have some craft items and their components in excess of requirements in my inventory. I would be willing to trade some of those to anyone interested in trading an egg for them.

If there is any interest please PM me.

posted in Midnight Castle on Mar 20, 14 7:27 PM
tazruby2000 wrote:I started the overturned carriage scene and nothing was there. The screen was cleared of all the hidden objects, the list was missing and the timer was missing. I had to use the task manager to shut it down. The only time this has happened so far. I didn't do the update since I haven't had any issue and I don't like how quickly they came up with the update.

I've had that probelem a couple of times in the last couple of days.I use the task manager to get out and the next time I enter the game it seems fine.

posted in Midnight Castle on Mar 19, 14 7:35 PM
today was the first time I noticed that I got a first day payout that I also received yesterday. 2 first day payouts in a row?

I also don't always get paid for my flowers. It used to be that I just moved from 1 location to another as the coins were dropping but today I watched the counter change back to zero flowers without dropping my coins for the 5 I had just collected.

posted in Midnight Castle on Mar 19, 14 7:07 PM
A couple of times I thought I had something but it wasn't in my inventory when I went to find it later. I didn't document either time and I just thought maybe I dreamed it. I do seem to dream of this game and soemtimes get lost at work thinking about it. This game just kind of sneaks up on you and attaches itself to your brain stem. Wasn't there an old B movie that had monsters that did that?

I haven't spent much time in the forum on a game until this one. I lost myself the other night reading your blog and getting to know a whole new gang of people that sound like they might be fun to hang out with.

posted in Midnight Castle on Mar 17, 14 7:54 PM
bfgVaiya wrote:Hey Bedazzles,

Since everyone's preference in games is different, we don't hold it against anyone if they find that Midnight Castle isn't their cup of tea. I'm just glad to see that others are helping out with finding other Free to Play games that may be more to LizzieK's tastes!

Any feedback we get on a game and how it can be improved is valuable and we love knowing how we can make our games more enjoyable for everyone!

We are always working to continue improving all of our Free to Play games, and each one is going to work out differently with everyone's personal preferences. It can take a little patience for an update to come up, but we do try to get them out for you all as quickly as possible!

I hope this helps to clear that up, and happy gaming!

bfgVaiya

I've been enjoying BFG for around 8 years now. I like the site better than some of the competitor's sites and offerings.

Midnight Castle and the FTP games are rather new to me. I've just downloaded Awakening Kingdoms and Found but haven't begun playing them.

Free to Play is a misnomer if there is never any hope that you can win without paying out some real money to get diamonds or gold or energy.

I personally am willing to use up to the cost of a game credit every month for the ongoing joy of playing the game every day. Why can't we use game credits to buy gold and diamonds?

It would seem to be a good business proposition to organize a method of incorporating this into the benefits of game club membership.

llaurelwreath

posted in Midnight Castle on Mar 17, 14 6:43 PM
Ken_TheDoctor wrote:The Doctor: 164744

Hi Duncan, thanks for your response: I agree whole heartedly that friends and the gifting is the best part of this game! I've already sent Dori a Phoenix egg, so if you are able to send her one, send something diferent!

I've been looking at the hidden areas that Whitebutterfly_54 reported in their post: I'm pretty sure that the one leading from the Archchancellor's Throne Room by way of the staircase has the potential to be a whole new room but the one in the Dragon's Tower looks like it is probably abother object chest. When attempting to activate it, the ring of stars highlights the large block in the staircase wall and not the top of the staircase. I could be wrong, and probably am: but if eventually there turns out to be a nother scene leading from this tower, I don't think that this will be it. Follow the instructions in Whitebutterfly_54's post and see for youselves.

No gifting glitches today: everything arrived safely so a big thankyou to everyone who sent things! The "flower-glitch" re-appeared again though and I must have lost thirty coins... Not serious, but mildly annoying. Has anyone lost diamonds because of this glitch? Now that would really be a pain!

I have a second game in reserve that I visit once a day and have not circulated the ID: I will not until I hit level 18 in my main one. All the same, someone has managed to send me a friends request, which I accepted... How did they find the code?

You don't need a code to invite a friend. If you type in a name it will bring up a list of players with that name and you can pick someone all of of them to invite.

posted in Midnight Castle on Mar 15, 14 8:55 PM
I am running on a PC w/Windows XP. I haven't encountered any of the issues everyone is talking about from the update on the 10th.

But I haven't reached level 18 yet. The only issue I am encountering is the time counter in the HOS skips seconds. I literally watched it jump several times tonight. It went from ,57 to 1.0 in a blink of an eye one time and from .59 to 1.01 the next time I saw it. And they were different HOS. Losing 2-3 seconds can be significant if time is part of the scoring.

I have noticed since the updates that it is not reliably giving the components you need when you unlock the craft item areas. After everything I've been reading in the forum I will not spend any more money at all buying diamonds for this game, if the diamonds will not get me what I need to craft an item in the laboratory and proceed in my quests.

posted in Midnight Castle on Mar 9, 14 4:11 PM
does anyone ever win something besides gold, food, or the occassional diamond during the random spins when you craft an item?

posted in Midnight Castle on Mar 9, 14 4:01 PM
won't the update be automatic since the game is connected to the server and you can't play without the server?

posted in Midnight Castle on Mar 9, 14 3:44 PM
Is anyone else noticing that the timer in the HOS and the timer in the round summary don't always match? Sometimes the summary is as much as 2 seconds off.

Also, has anyone noticed that sometimes if you change scenes too quickly the coins from the flower seek get lost and never make the coin totals?

posted in Midnight Castle on Mar 9, 14 3:39 PM
There's no limit to how many friends you can have? I have 5 and no one else I've invited has responded. I'm just finding out about this forum.

posted in Midnight Castle on Mar 6, 14 2:24 PM
It's almost 5:30EST and the server is still not connected. Are all of the other free to play games connected to the same server?

Go to:   

KEY:    Unread    Read    Sticky    Locked    Announcement    Moved    Moderator