Posts created by bedheadkg

posted in The Tiny Bang Story on May 20, 11 12:25 AM
Mr_Russ wrote:I doubt it's possible. Most netbooks don't support the 1024*768 screen resolution that the game needs.

That was what I was suspecting, I was just clutching at straws hoping for a magic solution!

posted in The Tiny Bang Story on May 19, 11 4:27 AM
I am trying to play this on a netbook, and I'm having a display issue, the bottom part of the screen is missing. The game won't let me switch to windowed mode. Does anyone have any ideas how I might be able to work round this? It's a gorgeously pretty game and I'd love to be able to at least give it a decent trial.

posted in Westward Kingdoms on Jan 15, 11 3:21 PM
When you say you can't get into it what exactly do you mean? If you mean that you can't get to the red arrow, then all you need to do is build a stone bridge down from the other side of the river. If you mean that you don't have the red arrow to aim for then I can't help, sorry.

posted in Roads of Rome II on Dec 22, 10 6:14 AM
I did it by expanding the camp once straight away, then building the bridge to the pig farm (the transporter key is over there too) and at the same time the sawmill. I then headed towards the gold mine as quickly as possible building everything on the way, but not upgrading. I upgraded the camp again and when there was nothing else to do I had the spare workers chopping down trees. As soon as the gold mine was built I upgaded the storehouse as far as possible (that gives you 3 extra of everything every time, makes a big difference) and then upgraded the quarry and the goldmine as far as possible. I didn't have much spare time, but I got the expert time doing it like that.

posted in Farm Tribe on Oct 18, 10 8:20 AM
I am having the same issue. Off to try technical support now.

posted in Farm Tribe on Oct 17, 10 8:50 AM
I think it was a bug. I'd hired the builder and built other stuff with him, I had a fish farm and a hospital, but no hut. I restarted the game with a new user name and had the hut within about 20 mins so no idea what went wrong the first time.

posted in Farm Tribe on Oct 17, 10 8:09 AM
At the minute I've got over 2000 tech points and nearly $5000 but everything is still locked, there are still padlocks over the pictures of both the building tech book, and the hut in the shop. Hope it doesn't take too much longer, I'm getting very bored!

posted in Farm Tribe on Oct 17, 10 7:41 AM
Thank you, do you have any idea how many tech points it takes? I have everybody unlocking tech points but there is still no sign of being able to unlock it.

posted in Farm Tribe on Oct 17, 10 6:38 AM
The only task I currently have is to build a hut, but how? Nothing is unlocked on either the shop page or the tech page so I don't know what I'm supposed to be doing. Can anyone help?

posted in My Kingdom for the Princess II on Aug 26, 10 5:28 AM
CheerfulDragon8 wrote:

I may even start another profile so I can record exactly what the trophies are, and what scores you need for each one. I'm sure I'm not the only player who's curious about that.

If you hover your cursor over each one in the trophy cabinet then it tells you what each one was for.

I think this one is harder, but personally I'm enjoying that as I had got rather good at the first one!

posted in My Kingdom for the Princess II on Aug 25, 10 8:00 AM
I found that the easiest way to kill all the hornets was to put your cursor/hammer just below the entrance to the workers house and leave it there. Then all you have to do is click each time a hornet gets to the hammer, that was much easier for me than trying to chase them all over the screen

posted in My Kingdom for the Princess II on Aug 25, 10 12:54 AM
I'm so pleased to see this, I'm not a fan of creepy HOG's so I've been a bit game starved recently. I don't think I've ever bought a game without trialing it first before, but this time I did! Can't wait for it to finish DLing

posted in Puzzle Bots on Jun 7, 10 3:11 AM
It's such a huge shame that this is so short. I played the demo for a solid hour last night and thoroughly enjoyed it, I was going to buy it today but when I looked at the walkthrough I've already nearly finished it, I've only got about 4 screens left to do, so it would be a waste of a credit.
It's a really lovely, well done game but it needs to be at least twice as long to be worth a credit for me.

posted in Crazy Machines: Inventor Training Camp on May 13, 10 8:46 AM
Hugely disapointing. I bought the original Crazy Machines from BF and I loved it, it provided hours of entertainment and regularly had me stumped enough to have to go away and think about it, or look for help. I bought this one expecting more of the same and it was just far, far too easy. None of the levels offered much of a challenge, and I'd finished the whole thing in less than 2 hours. I was really excited to see this, and now I feel very let down.

posted in Virtual Villagers: The Tree of Life on Apr 22, 10 12:25 PM
I think you need to save 6 frogs, all in one rain session. When I did it I just piled every adult on the pond, one after the other, untill it said the puzzle was completed.

posted in Virtual Villagers: The Tree of Life on Apr 21, 10 4:47 AM
But it did come out this morning? It's a soft release, not the game of the day, but it's definitely there, I'm playing it now!

posted in Virtual City on Jan 2, 10 4:04 AM
I was having this problem. I updated the version of Java I had and that seems to have sorted it for me. If you google Java Update you should be able to find the site to down load it.

posted in Mystery Case Files®: Dire Grove™ on Dec 31, 09 4:57 AM
suezn wrote: I also cannot receive the chips to feed the wolf or recieve the rabbits head with the hammer. There was no memtion that if the more expensive edition would have "all" needed objects and the cheaper edition would leave you in the learch.

None of those items are needed to finish the game, they just unlock bonus hidden object rounds and a secret area. The meat you need to feed the wolf is in the cellar of the shop in the freezer.

posted in Mystery Case Files®: Dire Grove™ on Dec 23, 09 2:43 PM
That part of the room is actually a hidden object scene! It confused me as well as I remembered the room but couldn't work out how to get back to it. I think you do revisit it later, but if you can't find it then you don't need to go there at the minute. Hope that helps!

posted in Mystery Case Files®: Dire Grove™ on Dec 23, 09 8:55 AM
I think there is a very good reason why they can't just put the morphing objects into the standard version. If they did then they would be issuing refunds to a whole lot of people like me who bought the CE becasue I wanted the extras. I appreciate that BF weren't a hundred percent clear about what the extras in the CE were, but personally I always assumed from what I read that the morphing objects were one of the extras. If they now put them into the standard game then I, for one, would be seriously annoyed. I think the lesson bf have learned from this is that they need to be clearer with the discriptions for the CE, but it would be unfair on those who have paid for the CE to change the differences now.

Go to:   

KEY:    Unread    Read    Sticky    Locked    Announcement    Moved    Moderator