Posts created by Winfrey3

posted in Midnight Castle on Apr 22, 15 12:47 PM
Well I got to play (sort of). I got home after the tournament started so I hurried figuring I would be able to play once or twice. The first door I did not do well but my score registered something over 21,000,000 when it should have only been a fairly small score. The other doors played normally with my usual mediocre scores but I ended up with a score of something like 22,000,000. It did not register that score which was a good thing. No idea what my final score would have been; did not use my bonus spins. Probably would have finished with my normal low scores (I did win a small amount last tournament due to luck on the bonus spins but usually I win nothing but have fun losing).

posted in Midnight Castle on Mar 15, 15 5:06 AM
Happy Mother's Day to all you UK Fishies. Our US Mother's Day isn't until May.

I don't.think you ever stop missing your Mum especially on holidays. After Fifteen years without her I still find myself wanting to pick up the phone to share some news.

posted in Midnight Castle on Mar 4, 15 4:34 PM
Xiphias_Gladius wrote:Hi,

I'm new to iOS and to Midnight Castle. How do I exit the game under iOS? The only way I've found thus far is to power off the iPad. I looked at all the help and FAQs, and searched the forum.

Also, I just made level 6 and would like a few friends. I prefer to "friend" with other new players, so the gifting isn't one-sided. Thanks for the help, in advance.

Miramon Lluagor
i1715047

Oh Miramon I wish you were here with me. IPad usage is a lot easier to demonstrate than to explain. We've all been newbies and you will soon catch on. With iOS there are often several ways to accomplish various tasks.

To close an app, one of the easiest things is the five finger pinch (that's what I call it). Place all five fingers on the screen and then pull them together quickly. Give it a try.
Also if you haven't already, check in the iBook store. There is a free iPad guide that you can download.

posted in Found: A Hidden Object Adventure - Free to Play on Feb 27, 15 1:33 PM
winnerkooties wrote:I guess we all have our differences, things we like and don't like. I guess the devs can't please us all.

You've got that right and that's all good. Just think how boring the world would be if we all liked exactly the same things. That being said there have been many times when I definitely agreed with your posts, so rant away; I think the developers want to hear what everyone likes and dislikes as that's what keeps them in business.

posted in Found: A Hidden Object Adventure - Free to Play on Feb 27, 15 6:34 AM
I actually like the new Assassin's School. It is more of a challenge which makes it more fun for me. I find an item that is just peeking out from behind something and I feel a bit of triumph that I have beaten those oh so cleaver designers.

posted in Dark Manor: A Hidden Object Mystery on Feb 25, 15 5:17 PM
Theorem wrote:And I wrote just yesterday that I had a soar throat! 0:-)

A soar throat--guess that means you can hit the really high notes when you sing. ;-)

posted in Found: A Hidden Object Adventure - Free to Play on Feb 23, 15 5:27 PM
The iPad update is in the App Store. I haven't downloaded it yet but will try in a few minutes.

posted in Found: A Hidden Object Adventure - Free to Play on Feb 19, 15 8:59 AM
Wikipedia has a definition for a fibula brooch which is listed as a brooch or pin for fastening garments. I had never heard of any use of fibula that way. I learned something new.

posted in Found: A Hidden Object Adventure - Free to Play on Feb 15, 15 10:11 AM
All of us iPad players are trying to learn patience this weekend while waiting for the App Store update. We had near blizzard conditions here on the U.S. east coast (but no power loss thankfully) and today the temperature is around zero (Fahrenheit) so I'm mostly hibernating for a few days. It would have been a perfect time to play the update but that is not in the cards. Instead I have taken EVERYTHING off my kitchen counters and I'm giving them a thorough cleaning. Drawers and refrigerator are next. The weather forecast for the next week is dismal so if there is no update tomorrow I will really be getting a good start on Spring cleaning and try to avoid checking for updates every ten minutes.

How are all you other iPad fishies handling the wait for an update?

posted in Found: A Hidden Object Adventure - Free to Play on Feb 12, 15 5:24 AM
coral_sea wrote:So who has used a Night Amulet? What does it do and how long does it last? I don't want to doom myself to endless night since I really don't like playing in the dark.

I used most of mine; only have one left. I used them when I had quest that required searching a location multiple times in night mode. Now it sounds like maybe I should have saved them. Maybe they will have them available somehow.

posted in Found: A Hidden Object Adventure - Free to Play on Feb 11, 15 1:00 PM
Yes--I took everything off my wish list when I wasn't playing for awhile since I didn't want my friends to gift me when I wasn't able to return anything. Your missing friends may be on vacation, to busy to play for now or just taking a break from the game.

winnerkooties wrote:No I don't think anything is wrong. When you take all your items off your wish list then you won't show up in your friends list as needing anything. I had to do that myself since this update has caused me to rethink my game and my needs. They'll probably be back when they are ready to receive gifts again.

posted in Found: A Hidden Object Adventure - Free to Play on Feb 11, 15 11:11 AM
Second LOL--I have been bleeped. The forum filter did not like my use of the last name of the author of Do Androids Dream of Electric Sheep and A Scanner Darkly.
I burst out laughing when I saw this.

Winfrey3 wrote:LOL TANSTAAFL--haven't heard that in awhile. Reminds me of my younger days reading a lot of Heinlein, **** and Vonnegut.

Ferg_Frk wrote:But it COSTS 4 shells to enter the Oasis, and then you have a CHANCE of getting a single seashell as a reward. so that's like visiting the Lab on Island 1 to get lightning balls.(i.e. costs 6 to enter and you may get 1 as reward.)

Best source of shells looks to be Armored Limo from Hijacker collection, even that costs a lot of multi-tools & spools of wire.

TANSTAAFL

Best of luck.

posted in Found: A Hidden Object Adventure - Free to Play on Feb 11, 15 11:05 AM
LOL TANSTAAFL--haven't heard that in awhile. Reminds me of my younger days reading a lot of Heinlein, **** and Vonnegut.

Ferg_Frk wrote:But it COSTS 4 shells to enter the Oasis, and then you have a CHANCE of getting a single seashell as a reward. so that's like visiting the Lab on Island 1 to get lightning balls.(i.e. costs 6 to enter and you may get 1 as reward.)

Best source of shells looks to be Armored Limo from Hijacker collection, even that costs a lot of multi-tools & spools of wire.

TANSTAAFL

Best of luck.

posted in Found: A Hidden Object Adventure - Free to Play on Feb 10, 15 12:59 PM
Yes- there is usually a lag, sometimes just a day or two, sometimes longer. Since the iOS updates go through the App Store they have to be ok'd by Apple. I'm trying to be patient but it sounds like this update is a good one.

_G4il_ wrote:I was told that iOS users are generally up to three weeks behind PC users with the Updates.

I'm pretty patient, so I will wait a bit and see if it shows up for me.

Thanks to BFGBellerophon, but the cog wheel on my iPad (mini, if that makes a difference) has only three options:

My Account
Big Fish on the Web and
Help/About

Nothing about downloads at all.

posted in Found: A Hidden Object Adventure - Free to Play on Feb 10, 15 12:51 PM
Matahari24 wrote:Hello all!
My code is I2557.

I 've begun playing this game since day one but I stopped a year later. Now I am catching up slowly.
TY

Hi Matahari, Glad to have you back. I just added you. Once we get the iOS update we should be able to have some fun.

posted in Found: A Hidden Object Adventure - Free to Play on Feb 9, 15 8:08 PM
No update for iOS yet. Maybe tomorrow. Really looking forward to new things; very bored at this point.

posted in Found: A Hidden Object Adventure - Free to Play on Feb 1, 15 7:50 AM
sroselamb38 wrote:
Winfrey3 wrote:
The send ships feature may be similar to the send ships in Midnight Castle.

Winfrey3 - what is the send ships feature in Midnight Castle? I don't play that one. Thanks!

The ship in Midnight Castle is a steampunk looking airship. You collect objects that are used to fill the airship and then you send the ship off and collect a reward. After you send it you have to wait quite awhile to send it again (I'm not sure of the time) and in the meantime the airship tower sits there empty. Sometimes a quest will have you send the ship but you don't have to wait for a quest as long as the ship is ready and you have the trade goods. It seems to me they could do the same thing with the raft.

posted in Found: A Hidden Object Adventure - Free to Play on Jan 31, 15 2:34 PM
I usually play with the sound off so Christmas music is not a problem.

posted in Found: A Hidden Object Adventure - Free to Play on Jan 31, 15 1:49 PM
Yep--been there, done that.

Night_Player_zz wrote:
ekstra2000 wrote:When I realize that I put an owl into play and then went to the cheap locations instead of the expensive ones. Time to go play something else!!!

Worse is when you use a pot of honey and then realize you're almost at the next level and you only use about a fifth of the energy before you level up.

posted in Found: A Hidden Object Adventure - Free to Play on Jan 31, 15 7:23 AM
Maybe the "send ships" will finally use that mysterious floating raft on island one. Also the postcards.

iAnnie61 wrote:Hello all, due to losing progress on another game during an update recently (nothing to do with Found) I was searching through my 'game centre' section on the iPad and noticed a list of achievements for most, including Found.

At the end were several achievements that might give a clue as to upcoming content, so something must be in the pipeline (though who knows when).

Anyway, the extra achievements listed in the game centre are:
Banish hyenas
Banish cyclops
Exchange with ronins
Exchange with organ-grinders
Send ships
Score rating points

Of course I have no idea what it all means, what will be needed etc, but I thought it was nice to know that one day there'll be an update! Oh, and apologies if I missed details of this being discussed on the forum before.

Go to:   

KEY:    Unread    Read    Sticky    Locked    Announcement    Moved    Moderator