Posts created by BF2013

posted in Fairway ™ Collector's Edition on Nov 30, 13 10:42 AM
I've been playing this game every single day for years. It's been my comfortable routine. But today will be my last day. I'm quitting for two main reasons:

1) The 'gotcha ' button. There's no reason that the option to purchase 5 more cards for $2000 can't be somewhere else, but Big Fish refuses to listen to feedback about it. Having this button in place of the 'end game' means I now get paranoid towards the end of my deck. I can't play as fast as I'd prefer, the timed holes become scary, and it's anything but relaxing.

2) The high cost of clubs $750, combined with the gopher $1000 means that it's harder to get ahead organically. We now have to rely on big windfalls of cash rather than any kind of strategy.

After 4 (?) years of playing, I'm finally deleting this fom my iPad with a sour taste in my mouth. A fun game has become greedy and mean. I'm over it.

posted in Fairway Solitaire on Nov 3, 13 8:59 AM
I can't believe they haven't listened to customer feedback about that stupid "gotcha" button at the end of the hole, but it becomes even more obnoxious on a timed hole in which you have 33 seconds to make par and hit 'end'. It shoudl be removed entirely from this part of the screen. At a very minimum, it should be disabled on the timed holes.

If a feature disrupts game play, people (like me!) will find a new game to play.

There is no reason this feature needs to be located in place of the End button.

posted in Fairway Solitaire on Oct 27, 13 3:55 PM
Between the gopher taking 1000, clubs costing 750 and that effin button to (accidentally) buy 5 cards for 2000 golf bucks (honestly, what subset of players are they catering to here?!), it's hard to justify buying clubs as it'll be too hard to catch back up. I've been playing this game every day for a few years now and am beginning to get turned off by stuff like this. Might be time to finally move on from Fairway Solitaire. Getting greedy.

posted in Fairway Solitaire on Oct 25, 13 5:39 PM
This game is starting to lose its appeal...

posted in Fairway Solitaire on Oct 2, 13 9:35 PM
When I get a Midas Touch, the utility irons obscure the clubs I already had. I'd like to be able to use my regular clubs and not be forced to waste a utility iron. How can I access the regular clubs hidden behind the utility irons? It's been driving me nuts.

posted in Fairway Solitaire on May 21, 13 8:28 AM
When did the gopher start taking $1000 Golf Bucks?!!!! It used to be $700. Not cool.

posted in Avalon Legends Solitaire on Dec 23, 12 8:42 PM
This game would be perfect if, umm, you could actually read the numbers on the cards. Giant unicorns are pretty but...

Go to:   

KEY:    Unread    Read    Sticky    Locked    Announcement    Moved    Moderator