Posts created by anges35

cathiecaffey wrote:I played demo of the Collector's Edition but there shows no strategy guide. Is it just not on the one hour of the game or is it not included? I did see it for the game before it in Tree of Life.

Thanks!

Cathie

You may have found this out by now, but so far, all the games BF has put on sale have not been in the games themselves. Rather you're told to d/l the BF game app to find the guide.

I use the iPad versions.

Game writer need to review and redo some coding. I'm having trouble with some of the interactive HOS objects linking. So far, I've tried 30 times to break an egg shell.

Also, after I download and install the game, every time I try to get back in to the game, I have to watch a red banner floating from lanterns saying "loading." This is not a second or two either.

Sky1022 wrote:On IPad version, your stupid Big Fish advertising banners are covering items I need to pick up. if I try to click on them, it takes me to the App Store. Frankly, I don't appreciate you advertising in something I have paid for, but especially when it keeps me from playing your game. I will be requesting a refund and I am finally going to stop buying anything from Big Fish

I ran into the same ad banner from the Big Fish Felix over the 4th of July weekend. I could not access the Inventory objects as I couldn't move or close the banners. I Have a post on that game forum.

The banner should move when the sale is over. But frankly, once we've bought the game, I don't think BF has any right to obstruct the game with their ads.

Suggest you wait a couple of days then open game again and see if it's gone. And fire an email to BF about it.

posted in Flights of Fancy: Two Doves Collector's Edition on Jul 10, 14 2:31 PM
iPad version, iOS 7.1.2
I just reopened this game to try again to find magic for the fairy for the Crystal flower to bloom. But there is an advertising banner coming on and off covering all of the inventory objects and I have no access to the inventory objects.

I can't shut it off and I can't continue the game. Why is that displaying and I don't care what BF recommends.. I have paid for this game and it's unplayable.

Edit: Someone on another technical threads is reporting the same ad banner covering their inventory. BF is doing this during their "big sales". But this stops the game completely. The banner I had left after that sale,but I couldn't play the game until then.

posted in Flights of Fancy: Two Doves Collector's Edition on Jun 24, 14 10:25 AM
In the castle garden:

This>> "Take figurine 9/15 and catch the ANT with the GOBLET (D); move the grass and take the FLOWER (E)."

Should be: "Take figurine 8/15 and catch the ANT with the GOBLET (D); move the grass and take the FLOWER (E).

#9 appears at the beginning of Ch. 3: "Take Charmed Kingdom Inhabitant 9/15 and the HORN (K)."

Quoted sentences taken directly from Wallkthrough on BF Forum by SeverineSnape,

I only post this because I went all over looking for #8- but there isn't one in the walkthrough. There is #9 twice.

This is only meant to clarify, not to criticize and I am grateful for the help given in the walkthough. Thank you.

Edited for correction

posted in Flights of Fancy: Two Doves Collector's Edition on Jun 24, 14 10:14 AM
The magic for the fairy comes as the result of a task you've done... it's usually something like a 'bubble'.

When you need to use the magic to change something, you will then use the fairy who has her magic.

For instance: In the castle garden, the Walkthrough from BF tells you to "Cut the cobwebs with the SHARP LETTER; open the lantern with the WOLF and take the Wolf Spell (F)."

The Wolf Spell is the magic.

A scene or two later, in the castle garden, you are told to "Use your fairy on the wolf (L)."

The fairy will use the Wold Spell on the wolf after you launch her. It's confusing because we get the fairy at the beginning, but she is actually impotent untill we find the magic 'bubbles' for her to use.

Later on, you will get the Lion Spell after you cut open a glass. Shortly after you give the Lion a heart, you will use the fairy and the Lion Spell magic for a clever means of transportation!

NOTE: The 2 quotes are taken directly, verbatim from the Walkthrough created by SeverineSnape in the Big Fish game forum, "and is protected under US Copyright laws. Any unauthorized use, including re-publication in whole or in part, without permission, is strictly prohibited."

I hope I am giving proper credit so as not to violate the copyright laws.

BTW, I wondered about this when I began the game also.

posted in Enigmatis: The Mists of Ravenwood on Jun 20, 14 9:56 AM
Punkineater wrote:I have the Ipad version. At the point that I go to the evidence board and either look at the child's Barrett or put the next set of batteries in the camera to watch wat happens next, it crashes. Is there a fix for this?

I have a post on the technical thread for the CE version, but here's a the gist of it:

For the iPad:
Delete the game first
Reboot the device
Reinstall the game.

This should stop the crashes. It's a large game and very resource intensive, so you have to get rid of the junk you're carrying on the tablet first.

If you need reboot details, please look for my thread as mentioned.

posted in Enigmatis: The Mists of Ravenwood Collector's Edition on Jun 17, 14 4:39 PM
EASY FIX FOR CRASHES...iPad

This is a large program and it's very resource intensive. So if you are carrying around a lot of ""stuff" it's going to crash:

1. Delete the game
2. Reboot the device:

To reboot:
Press and hold the Sleep/Wake button on top of device until the red slider bar appears.
Drag slider to turn off.
To restart, press and hold the Sleep/Wake button again until you see the Apple logo

3. Reinstall the game.

Hopefully this will stop the crashing. It did for me. I am now half way through without any crashes.

posted in Enigmatis: The Mists of Ravenwood Collector's Edition on Jun 15, 14 7:57 AM
. iPad second generation iOS 7.1.1

EDIT: Please tell us what you are playing the game on, include OS and version.
If all of us who are crashing have the same device and/ or OS, maybe the authors will know what to fix.

Unplayable!!!! I've had one crash after another. I unlocked the game after install, acknowledged purchase. Not only does the purchase not show up, but the game continues to crash every other scene.

I have uninstalled the game and will request a refund if a charge does go through in iTunes.

Edit: See my "easy fix for crashes below"

posted in Dark Cases: The Blood Ruby Collector's Edition on May 21, 14 8:13 AM
I've balanced the scale with the skulls, I. tried to reset skulls small on top to largest at bottom...nothing happens. Hint tells me to check this screen.

Does anyone know if there is something else to do that I'm missing?

Thanks,
anges35
-----------------------------------
Edit: Ole dopey me! The arrows are there to show you don't balance the scale! Don't you hate it when you come back to answer your own question??!

I came back to see if the crashes in the iPad(2) version had been fixed. Many of us have posted about this problem.

Judging by recent posts, game is still crashing. I wrote the game company and was told that some are finishing the game so it must be " MY" problem! There are a lot of "my" here.

They said that even though their name is given with copyright, the iPad version was written by a 3rd party and released by BigFish.

So the buck should stop at BF but it doesn't. I was able to get a refund through iTines.

posted in Grim Facade: The Cost of Jealousy on May 1, 14 7:26 AM
NOTE: This is on ipad version.

On the close up of the train engine which we repair, all went well except inserting them lever from Inventory into the bellows.

I've tried all the usual >>>> back out! re-enter,! move the lever around to different points on bellows. I have fueled the engine, let off steam and have message to start, but can't do that unless I get the lever in.

If anyone had this problem and resolver it, please let me know.

Thank you,
anges35

Thank you. Unfortunately, that didn't work for me.

I. notice many are mentioning the problem beginning with the museum. I did the upgrade right before that chapter, then closed for the night. The attempt to restart began at this point.

Unless Big Fish comes up with a fix, I'm going to request a refund when iTunes bills me.

This is a copy of a reply I left on the Technical thread. Please leave a comment if this is also happening to you on the iPad version of the game.

iPad version:

After leaving the game for while, then trying to start playing again, I get the full "loading" process, only to have the screen close back to it's app.

I had problems reopening with original d/l and install, so went through the delete/download/reinstall/play process. New install was working okay, but I closed right after paying at end of Chapter 2- big mistake- Clicking on Play repeats the entire process, with the same result> screen closes with app icon remaining. I think going to the hot dog stand was the next activity.

I do not want to start this game again and take the chance of not being able to get back in. I did NOT get the Tutorial either of the times.

Please advise!!!!

iPad version:

After leaving the game for while, then trying to start playing again, I get the full "loading" process, only to have the screen close back to it's app.

I had problems reopening with original d/l and install, so went through the delete/download/reinstall/play process. New install was working okay, but I closed right after paying at end of Chapter 2- big mistake- Clicking on Play repeats the entire process, with the same result> screen closes with app icon remaining. I think going to the hot dog stand was the next activity.

I do not want to start this game again and take the chance of not being able to get back in. I did NOT get the Tutorial either of the times.

Please advise!!!!

posted in Flux Family Secrets: The Book of Oracles on Feb 23, 14 8:51 AM
Please view the technical thread for this game and also the other 2 threads about missing x-ray parts on the iPad version. Several of us are having this problem- it's disappearing from the inventory even if you collect all the parts.

posted in Flux Family Secrets: The Book of Oracles on Feb 23, 14 8:44 AM
iPad version:

The x-ray tube has also disappeared on my iPad. I collected all the pieces and have gone back 3 times to make sure all previous moves have been done.

But the x-ray tube is not to be found.

Could it be lurking somewhere in the off screen inventory box? What an awful way to keep the inventory items on in this case, not to keep them.

I am also stuck, can't go any further. I am considering getting a refund for this poorly designed game.

posted in The Keepers: The Order's Last Secret on Dec 12, 13 7:22 AM
Has anyone address the problem of the butterfly net no capturing the butterfly, after the net is assembled? Or the scythe that won't mover to cut the vines.

BF, if you throw out the games for download, then it seems to me when there are ongoing technical problems that you should do more than a copy and paste of links.

I bought this game, had the same problem originally, trying to play the game again - months later and the same problems still exists.
----------------------------------------
BUTTERFLY WITH NET IN HOS
[Post New]by anges35 on September 5, 9:51 AM

gtits wrote:someone please tell me what is it to catching that butterfly with the net...I'm missing something simple...have uninstalled and reinstalled and I don't know what to do
-------------------------------------------
My reply:
I just posted on the technical issues thread about this: I have the iPad version. The butterfly net has been assembled, but although I can move it, it will not pick up the butterfly.

UPDATE: I deleted the game and started over. And I had a problem with one hidden object that had worked the first time. It was the dagger (which really is a sword) cutting the frame for the orange. It took 40 tries- but finally went through.

The BUTTERFLY net finally worked after about another 40 tries, so there is definitely a technical issue. It may be just with the iPad version
----------------------------
Re:BUTTERFLY WITH NET IN HOS
[Post New]by bfgMonongahela on April 18, 3:43 PM
Hi gtits,

Thanks for letting me know more about what's going on with the butterfly net. It does sound like there might be more of a technical issue going on here then.

Please get in touch with our Tech Support Team so they can take a closer look at things and work with you directly on some more specific troubleshooting. You can contact them by clicking here to submit a support ticket via email. If you're a Big Fish Game Club member, you can also connect to Live Chat Support Monday-Friday 7:30am-4:30pm PST.
-------------------------
[Post New]by gtits on April 11, 5:12 PM
Thank you for answering me....I did take the net and put it in the scoop but I can not make it recognize catching the butterfly...I don't want to buy another game until I have this figured out....I'm already finished two new ones..thinking if I go back to it fresh and nothing works....any ideas?
----------
[Post New]by bfgMonongahela on April 7, 5:39 PM
Hi gtits,

I checked The Keepers: The Order's Last Secret Walkthrough and it looks like there are a couple steps to getting the butterfly. This is what it says:
Take the net below the color palette (1), put it into the scoop, and use it to catch the butterfly (X ).

So I think that means you'll have to put two things together to create a net with a handle and then use that whole thing to catch the butterfly (rather than just moving the net piece over to the butterfly).

You can click here to see a screenshot outlining all of those things the description indicates, or the other blue text above to go to the full walkthrough.

Hope that helps!
bfgMonongahela

posted in The Keepers: The Order's Last Secret on Dec 12, 13 7:17 AM
anges35 wrote:
gtits wrote:someone please tell me what is it to catching that butterfly with the net...I'm missing something simple...have uninstalled and reinstalled and I don't know what to do

-------------------------------------------

I just posted on the technical issues thread about this: I have the iPad version. The butterfly net has been assembled, but although I can move it, it will not pick up the butterfly.

UPDATE: I deleted the game and started over. And I had a problem with one hidden object that had worked the first time. It was the dagger (which really is a sword) cutting the frame for the orange. It took 40 tries- but finally went through.

The BUTTERFLY net finally worked after about another 40 tries, so there is definitely a technical issue. It may be just with the iPad version

Heather1962 wrote:I have the iPad version of the game. I am having trouble catching the butterfly with the net.

Heather, I just posted about the net and the butterfly in that thread. I am also using the iPad version and the net will not capture the butterfly.

Also, in the same HOS, the scythe will not activate to cut the roots to get the watering can.

I'm stuck too!

Go to:   

KEY:    Unread    Read    Sticky    Locked    Announcement    Moved    Moderator