Posts created by TedsMum10

posted in Les Misérables: Jean Valjean on Sep 9, 14 1:59 AM
Thank you SO much for this help - I found the axe head easily once I read your description of where to find it. :-)

For the person asking - it is in the main scene with the house and tree etc, NOT the pop-up box that has the tree you need to clear. The axe-head is lying on the ground on the right close to that area. Drag the long handle you found to the axe-head to join them up.

Hope that helps.

posted in Grim Legends: The Forsaken Bride Collector's Edition on Aug 24, 14 3:35 AM
Played on the Kindle Fire HD (2012) 7".

For me, this is one of the best games ever in this genre. I was so relieved to find a game with my favourite fantasy/fairy tale type of graphics, which have been too few and far between for the Kindle Fire. This one is bright and colourful and had a storyline that actually interested me for a change (I've seen enough graveyards, megalomaniacs and eerie houses to last two lifetimes).

Whilst I think this game will be more attractive to female players, it has to be remembered that a lot of the great fairy tale writers were men (Hans Christian Andersen, the Grimm Bros etc), and my own husband prefers beautiful graphics to the ugly, dirty, decaying scenes in so many games - as are a lot of gardeners, artists and naturalists. We really need more mysteries set in beautiful surroundings - evil can be more shocking when it's set against these.

I particularly like the trend towards using animal helpers in these games too - the cuter and more cuddly the better!

I can't comment on the sound as I rarely have it turned up on games in case it annoys others in the house.

I do hope this developer makes a lot more games like this one - on fantasy themes and daylight graphics.

There are now about 20 complaints about this game on the UK Amazon Appstore - because it simply refuses to Save the game!

It's been like this since mid April and Big Fish have apparently done nothing to rectify things. It used to be that if a Big Fish game appeared, within 24 hours there would be numerous reviews. Not so now - most people don't trust that ANYTHING sold by Big Fish will a actually work until some brave soul chances their arm and tries it! I'm afraid this game is just another in what is now a LONG line of let-downs by Big Fish.

posted in Awakening: Moonfell Wood on Feb 16, 14 11:18 AM
WE WANT THIS AND THE REST OF THE AWAKENING SERIES FOR KINDLE!!!!

posted in Awakening Kingdoms on Feb 16, 14 11:16 AM
I would LOVE to review any of the Awakening Series - like most of my fellow Kindle owners but despite repeated requests for 15 months, Big Fish still haven't done a compatible version of ANY of them for the Kindle. All we get is graveyards and tedious blue-yellow night-time graphics! Someone out there in developer land.... THIS IS WHAT WE WANT ON THE KINDLE FIRE - PLEASE.

posted in The Stroke of Midnight on Dec 21, 13 11:15 AM
When I first got my Kindle Fire HD, I was BF's biggest fan. I loved their PC games like the Awakening series and Botanica. I got the two Empress of the Deep games just after buying the Kindle and loved those and some that followed on the Amazon Appstore (which is the only place we can get apps for Kindle). I used to buy almost immediately a new Big Fish game appeared!

However in the last six months or so we have had continual problems with games which don't work properly. I have had at least seven games with serious problems. The last two offerings have been withdrawn from sale because there was no progress with fixes after 10 days, and so many bad reviews. The Free trial worked on both games but as soon as the Full Game was purchased the app stopped working and crashed continually.

I have given up buying immediately now.... partly because we are fed about dreadful diet of graveyards and vile looking monsters (even worse - Freemium is now creeping in....) and partly because I don't trust them to work until I see reviews.

I have written many times to Customer Services and find they only end up sending me to Amazon for a Refund. I appreciate that they can't do this as only Amazon can for stuff bought at the Appstore. But that is not the point. I want games that WORK first time for the Kindle - and in the same quantities that iPad get. Android, a version of which is the OS for Kindle Fire HD, is on a massive number of mobile devices now and yet after all this time Big Fish are not producing many games or that work properly on it but instead treat us like the poor relation, concentrating on iPad and PC.

posted in Fierce Tales: The Dog's Heart Collector's Edition on Dec 17, 13 1:40 AM
This game is BRILLIANT. So good to have a change from the usual diet of graveyards ghosts and ugly, dirty old houses etc.

The graphics were first class and the opening scenes were wonderful and made me really want to push on through the game to complete the rescue.

My only gripe was that the graphics were all night ones... can't the illustrators at BF draw daytime scenery? All the games seem to have the same, blue and yellow tinted look. Can't we have something like Botanica for the Kindle?

I agree with the reviewer who said that the big appeal of this game is that it's CUTE in many ways. It's what a lot of us WANT but rarely get, especially on the Kindle!

Quite - however the tables are turned and the 'good guy' looks like he's been beaten. It ruined the game for me - I felt it was SICK.

The main game was entertaining enough though some of the puzzles were too tedious for me to want to continue with them. The ending was tense and quite brilliant.

What completely spoiled the whole thing was the Bonus Game with its sick ending. I honestly wish I hadn't bothered playing it.

posted in Echoes of the Past: Royal House of Stone on Dec 17, 13 12:57 AM
On Amazon UK (and Amazon US) most people cannot even get this game to run once they've paid for the full game (although the Free trial works OK)! If it does run, it crashes all the time. It's been this way for over a WEEK now and still no fix!

Instead, Big Fish puts up another game, Emerland, which does exactly the same thing! You would think that with one game giving these problems, Big Fish would have thoroughly tested any other games before listing them for sale. Former big fans of BF games are rapidly losing faith.

There is no point in contacting the 'Help' team. All you do is wait a frustratingly long time for a reply that then advises you to get a Refund!

BF also had a chance to appease their aggravated fans by putting some decent games into the Christmas special offers sale but instead only included their poorest old games that they know are bad sellers! It would have been nice if they had at least TRIED to make up for all the games that have caused grief this year (and I personally have had trouble with 6 or 7 now), and included some TOP sellers in the Sale.

posted in 100% Hidden Objects on Dec 17, 13 12:38 AM
I downloaded the Free trial - found it was a Freemium style game with in-app payments and frankly lost interest immediately. Neither I, nor any of my friends or family play Freemium games on principle.

Couple that with the fact that this game won't let you play at your own pace but insists on a timer but then tells you off for random/rapid tapping and you have a major turn off!

If Big Fish had used these type of graphics for one of their hidden objects/puzzle games I would have been overjoyed as I'm sick of ghosts and graveyards. However 100% Hidden Objects was actually 100% Annoying Game.

posted in Treasure Seekers: The Time Has Come on Nov 4, 13 2:09 AM
I got this game from the UK Amazon Appstore last Friday.

I have had numerous problems including disappearing objects, two puzzles going wrong before I could complete them and now, this morning, the game refused to list at ALL on my Kindle Fire HD. I just get a black screen and a message that the app has stopped responding! Worse still, the game prevented my Kindle keyboard working properly until I had uninstalled it!

Out of 7 reviews on the Appstore, 5 people have had similar problems with the game on the Kindle Fire and this is the 5th game from Big Fish that I've had problems with this year!

posted in Cruel Games: Red Riding Hood on Oct 19, 13 9:56 AM
I absolutely LOVE this game...AND this developer, who turn out some great games.

The game play, on the Kindle Fire HD is great and the graphics spooky without being dark and depressing. So good to see COLOUR in graphics and not tinted monochrome. Good, original story line taking you everywhere from the rather mums and graveyard and church to a biker' s bar, gas station, dock, motel -even a trip on a boat. I would have preferred a daytime setting but I guess you can't have everything!

Rapidly shaping up to be one of my favourite games ever, alongside Alice Trapped in Wonderland, Lost Souls and the first two Empress of the Deep games.

posted in Flux Family Secrets: The Ripple Effect on Oct 19, 13 9:37 AM
Just downloaded this from the UK Amazon Appstore to play on my Kindle Fire HD.

At LAST a game with bright graphics, no sign of grisly ghosts, ghouls and graveyards! It also has interesting historical facts. I wish we got more like this from Big Fish.

posted in Antique Road Trip USA on Sep 24, 13 12:35 AM
A complete load of rubbish. Nothing to do with Antiques apart from the shop you are building and then the objects placed on the shelves are ridiculous! Game play is dull and repetitive and there is NO story line. At least it uses bright colourful graphics and gets away from the endless stream of graveyards and disfigured people for a change but I was bored stiff after 20 minutes of it.

Surely there is someone at Big Fish who can write good mysteries with excellent puzzles and HO scenes who is NOT OBSESSED with graveyards? If you own a Kindle Fire and have to buy your games through the Amazon Appstore there are few games coming out of BF that are not creepy, depressing things. We've asked for games like Found, Botanica or Awakening for a year now but do BF listen? Of course not. So we're rapidly deserting this graphically sinking ship and buyzing our games from people like G5, Anuman and Nevosoft who realise that some of us like our games set in DAYLIGHT.
Ps I tried to include another favourite game producer in the list above but your system seems to prevent me from even including their name! VERY ODD and VERY ANNOYING.

NO - and I won't either.

I am sick of being in graphic graveyards, haunted houses and torture chambers. Big Fish are rapidly becoming a one-trick-pony on the UK Amazon Appstore (where I have to go for stuff for my Kindle Fire) - 'Graveyard OCDs' as they are known in my gaming group.

Surely somebody has the imagination and creativity to set a good story in a bright, colourful setting. Fed up waiting for one - that's for sure!

posted in Empress of the Deep 2: Song of the Blue Whale on Sep 13, 13 11:16 AM
This was one of the first games I played on the Kindle Fire and it remains my favourite Big Fish game so far...

I love the bright, colourful, imaginative graphics and puzzles. Sadly nothing like it has appeared since as the market seems obsessed with dark, eerie stuff now, which I hate - or nonsensical games like Antiques Roadshow USA which have super graphics but offer nothing in the gameplay.

I looked forward to seeing EOTD III for Android too but I checked it out but it looks like the graphics for that have gone much 'darker' too. Sad.

posted in Awakening: Moonfell Wood on Sep 13, 13 11:06 AM
Gorgeous game!!! I LOVE this series and this is my favourite.

Unfortunately I am unable to use my PC any longer - if ONLY Big Fish would do THIS type of game for Android/Kindle!!!

posted in Sacra Terra: Angelic Night on Sep 13, 13 11:01 AM
Of all the games I have played on the Kindle, this is the one I hated most.

I found a lot of the graphics thoroughly unpleasant (and that is using the nicest word I can) and no matter how good gameplay is, if I find something objectionable in scene after scene, as I did here, my main pleasure will be in deleting it.

posted in Where Angels Cry on Sep 13, 13 10:31 AM
I LOVED this game on the Kindle Fire HD! One of the best things for me was finding a game that not only had GREAT gameplay but had bright, DAYTIME settings. I am so tired of dark, eerie settings and this game had a wonderful story and graphics without resorting to terrifying ugly characters.

I got a scripting error message on the screen during one puzzle but I exited the puzzle and restarted it and it cleared itself. Apart from that, it played flawlessly.

Please keep this type of game coming! We are positively STARVED of hidden object/puzzle adventure games with great storylines and gameplay but ALSO with really beautiful, colourful graphics on the UK Amazon Appstore. Thank You so much for this superb, visual treat.

Any chance of some games like this in a tropical or fantasy setting (dragons, mythical creatures etc)? Anything colourful with good plotlines and intelligent puzzles but WITHOUT dark, graveyards, haunted houses or horrible masked/disfigured people would be VERY welcome!

Go to:   

KEY:    Unread    Read    Sticky    Locked    Announcement    Moved    Moderator