Posts created by Carolynn77

posted in Midnight Castle on Mar 4, 16 2:08 PM
bfgFlounder wrote:Welcome to Midnight Castle forum! This is your place to ask questions, share tips, and connect with other Midnight Castle players.

If you have questions about how to use the forums, please click the FAQ link on the right.[/quoteHow do I enter a tournament?]

posted in Rooms of Memory on Feb 11, 16 2:56 PM
I have just been reading the Librarian's and others' favorite books lists, realizing I had grabbed a piece of paper to write them all down. I am 71, and have worked (briefly) as a fill-in librarian in Homer, Alaska (there I was introduced to the glories of Tin-Tin!). I just discovered bookbub.com, bookgorilla, and fussylibrarian (which I haven't had time to even get to yet). I, too, have a love of books (and specialty magazines--they bring you regular news on your favorite hard-to-find subjects on a regular basis). Using stacked books as a table is one thing--gluing them together to make it permanent is something else! I have had workers come into my home and wonder why I had all the books in my apartment! A few of the science fiction books I have read have mentioned the idea that soon hardbacks (including paperbacks, my dears) will have disappeared, and only digital Kindle or PC or the equivalent, copies will remain. God, I hope not! I love handling a book (or magazine) and it is sometimes awkward when I am reading online, as margins are not always as readable as they should be. I keep reminding myself of the ease of choosing a book, buying it (or checking it out), returning it, or discarding it--without having to get dressed or leave my home, or face traffic or parking or frazzled clerks or librarians or carrying heavy books or not having books arrive when they were supposed to be there. I'm from before mid-20th century and I like books.

I chose games because they remind me of books--with good stories, great illustrations and at least nice music (audio books?). I own over 650 games, and most of them are mystery games. I chose Rooms of Memory and Midnight Castle because of the exceptional artwork, and I hope there will be enough story to sustain it. Music will be a bonus--otherwise I'll turn on a CD or something.

There are far too many authors for me to list, even far too many series to list that I enjoy--I had trouble limiting the categories for my books! But I, too, love Agatha Christie and many others, and have started to reread them--it's been so long that I have forgotten how most of them turned out! I am over the moon about bookbub.com (I got LOTS of them the first two days. Now I'm going to check out the other two sites, bookgorilla.com and fussylibrarian.com. I sort of hope they aren't good--too much to read (unbelievable!) already!

posted in Daily Mah Jong on Feb 23, 14 9:57 AM
As far as I can tell, the dots say when you left that game, it was unfinished. I've gotten them, then cautiously returned to the "level," to find only a partial game (I had to leave for some reason); I finished the partial game and when I looked at the board of levels, the dots were gone. Hope that helps (and is correct).

Go to:   

KEY:    Unread    Read    Sticky    Locked    Announcement    Moved    Moderator