Posts created by Brially

Does anyone know (esp 8.1 users) if the works when bought, by chance?

Also, abysmal communication from BF on this one (repeated posts leadiing to links saying the problem is our computers' fault, which it is clearly NOT, don't help.)

How about letting us know if dev is working on the issues, ETA for an update/fix to the game? If BFG isn't going to provide support on weekends, esp for CEs, then don't sell the games until they are fully tested!

SOOO sick of non-working games with no status update/update to game for like a week or longer.

RESPECT YOUR CUSTOMERS, PLEASE! WE DESERVE BETTER COMMUNICATION AND ACTIVE SUPPORT!

mst3kr wrote:Graphics issue -

After loading the Big Fish & Orneon (sp?) title screens (which are off-center towards the left screen), the main menu only fills up 3/4 of the screen, with the top & left-hand sides of the screen black. Playing the game itself, the initial cut scenes are the same as the title screens, off center to the left with the right side of the screen black. After the cut scene, the game fills up only 3/4 of the screen, just like the main menu.

Checking & unchecking Full Screen in the menu options doesn't fix the issue, and the Widescreen option doesn't do anything. Didn't have a problem with the other Agency games.

Same exact thing here. Month-old Sony Vaio pro13 running Windows 8.1. I really want to play this--please fix! I have had ZERO problems with other games--comp is WAY powerful enough to play these games. No fun, I was looking forward to spending the evening playing this.

So is this game specifically not working with 8.1?

posted in Nevertales: The Beauty Within Collector's Edition on Oct 30, 13 5:11 PM
I originally posted this in another thread, but I found this thread and it seems to be a better fit here. God, I love this game--wish they all could be like this!!

This is WITHOUT A DOUBT the BEST GAME OF THE YEAR thus far!! It is simply amazing!!
I have finished the main game, and I have some questions about the 'hidden chapters'.....so SPOILER ALERT if you have not reached this point!

1. I found all the roses, so I just started playing the 'Sleeping Beauty' hidden chapter. I am on the first scene of the chapter, the one where the knight is on the ground--and I noticed there were several clovers in the scene, so I started clicking on them. So far I have found 4--is that all there are? And what significance does this have to this chapter/ other hidden chapters?

2. There seems to be some confusion as to what exactly one needs to do to get access to the 3 various 'hidden chapters'--would someone be so kind as to list all the requirements (in order, if possible) that will allow players to access all of the hidden chapters? This would be a HUGE help to me and to others.

Thank you SOOOO much!!

****Out of curiosity, has anyone found any other games from this developer? And do they have any other CEs or games that look as fabulous as this one? Also, where can these games be found??

--If you would feel more comfortable PMing me any of this info, please feel free--I would LOVE to hear from you!

posted in Nevertales: The Beauty Within Collector's Edition on Oct 30, 13 4:36 PM
This is WITHOUT A DOUBT the BEST GAME OF THE YEAR thus far!! It is simply amazing!!
I have finished the main game, and I have some questions about the 'hidden chapters'.....so SPOILER ALERT if you have not reached this point!

1. I found all the roses, so I just started playing the 'Sleeping Beauty' hidden chapter. I am on the first scene of the chapter, the one where the knight is on the ground--and I noticed there were several clovers in the scene, so I started clicking on them. So far I have found 4--is that all there are? And what significance does this have to this chapter/ other hidden chapters?

2. There seems to be some confusion as to what exactly one needs to do to get access to the 3 various 'hidden chapters'--would someone be so kind as to list all the requirements (in order, if possible) that will allow players to access all of the hidden chapters? This would be a HUGE help to me and to others.

Thank you SOOOO much!!

posted in Found: A Hidden Object Adventure - Free to Play on Apr 12, 13 3:51 PM
Oh wow, I had no clue--I wish there was a reminder or something that would pop up if you didn't seem to be playing the correct locations--or just something in the tutorial that would tell you about the 'draggable' map! Would've been good to k now!

So THANK YOU for the advice!!

***I just noticed that my question got double-posted--I got an error message when trying to post the first tidme, and it took me back to the page where I could submit my post, so I did. I certainly didn't mean to post twice, so I apologize!

posted in Found: A Hidden Object Adventure - Free to Play on Apr 12, 13 3:35 PM
Maybe I'm just a complete idiot, but where in the world is the Aztec Temple? I just reached level 8, and the only locations I have are the wrecked airplane, pirate ship, UFO and vampire castle---but I've been getting quests requiring items from the Aztec temple for a long time, and I'm wondering what I need to do to get there. It's not like it's showing up but is locked, it's just not showing up at all.

Sorry for what is probably a really dumb question, but I haven't been able to find the answer in the forums.

Thank you for your help!

posted in Found: A Hidden Object Adventure - Free to Play on Apr 12, 13 3:29 PM
Maybe I'm just a complete idiot, but where in the world is the Aztec Temple? I just reached level 8, and the only locations I have are the wrecked airplane, pirate ship, UFO and vampire castle---but I've been getting quests requiring items from the Aztec temple for a long time, and I'm wondering what I need to do to get there. It's not like it's showing up but is locked, it's just not showing up at all.

Sorry for what is probably a really dumb question, but I haven't been able to find the answer in the forums.

Thank you for your help!

Wow--I've been offline for a while and just downloaded this game. I just got a new laptop w/ an i7, and the first thing I did was make sure all drivers were updated--so it's definitely NOT my comp.

However, I have the exact same sloooow cursor and sluggish gameplay mentioned by all the other fishies here. I really can't believe this game has been out for 10 days and still no fix, except of course to downggrade to the system cursor, which REALLY negatively affects gameplay!!

BFG and Elephant, it is WAY past time for a fix for this. This seems to be a universal problem, and we need a fix immediately!! Please do this--more than enough time has passed for one to be available.

Thanks

posted in Natural Threat: Ominous Shores on Feb 25, 12 5:50 AM
I am having a huge problem that I don't see listed yet--the game opens and it lets me type in my name...but after typing name and hitting 'enter', my cursor completely DISAPPEARS!! It is so annoying...I can't even start playing because there's so way to hit the Play button!

I have restarted several times with no change. I buy at least 4-5 BFG games a week and have had no problems with any other games, and I have never seen anything like this. I also own many **** games, purchased both at BFG and through the **** site as recently as yesterday, so I know there are no ****-specific issues.

Any suggestions are much appreciated since my chronic illness is acting up and I REALLY need a game to distract me. \
thank you!

Ally

posted in Fear for Sale: Sunnyvale Story Collector's Edition on Dec 8, 11 3:36 AM
Good morning, fishies!

BFG is planning to break my bank this month--I totally wasn't going to get another CE, but this one just grabbed me right away!! The eerie ambiance, great voice work and clear, bright HOS really did it for me.

One thing I LOVED was that you were able to use some objects in the same or very next scene--you don't have to lug around a full inventory that won't be needed for 15 more locations.

Here's a rundown of features:

Developer: Elephun (or Elefun?? forget sp?

Graphics: very clear and detailed--lovely, creepy atmosphere
Difficulty: 2 modes of difficulty: Regular and Expert
Widescreen: Yes, both WIDESCREEN and FULLSCREEN are checkable under options, mine were checked by default when I started game
Sparkles--Yes on regular, none that I saw on expert
Journal--Yes, includes additional information you don't get from just dialogue--HIGHLY RECOMMEND YOU REFERENCE IT OFTEN!
Achievements: No
Voiceover: Yes--and very well done
Hints: Good
Strategy Guide: Remembers the page you were last on
Music: Good--added a lot to the good sound effects and atmosphere

Bonus game: SG shows it being long enough

Overall length: Many other reviewers have commented in depth, so I'll just say it looks CE-worthy in length

Comments: The graphics and storyline sucked me right in--I bought after 15 mins of demo! lol Once I saw the conflict between the mean mayor and the sheriff who wants to disclose the secret, I wanted in!

Hope you enjoy it as much as I am!

Verdict: 5 / 5 The flowers are totally BLOOMING!!

posted in 9: The Dark Side Collector's Edition on Dec 6, 11 6:09 PM
Wow--thank you SO much for responding--I have never seen a rep from the actual developer respond to questions on the forums! How cool!

I have tried passing the glass over everything--even outside the book. I have tried just moving the glass back and for, and also clicking everywhere with the glass, tooo--is clicking even required? I just tried it after spending so long just moving the glass to no avail. I will go back and try some more because I REALLY LOVE this game!!

I know I (and most of the reviewers of the game) have been so very impressed with this game, and it's so obvious that you guys have truly listened to our player feedback--frankly, I cannot WAIT for more games from Play Favorite!! Any schedule for the release of future games?

Thank you so much again for caring enough and taking the time to help us with our player issues!

Brially

posted in 9: The Dark Side Collector's Edition on Dec 5, 11 8:10 PM
***SPOILER ALERT--DO NOT READ FURTHER UNLESS YOU ARE AT THIS POINT OF GAME***

OK--for some reason, I have revealed all the symbols on the 1st page and have revealed the dragon on the 2nd page--however, nothing happens! I have retraced everything like 100 times thinking maybe I didn't do it well enough, but I don't see how I could possibly do it better.

I have tried right-clicking and selecting another object from inventory in an attempt to put the glass circle back into my inventory, but nothing works. I exited out of the scene to try to push the right buttons and solve the puzzle beneath the artifact, but it just shows an eyeball and says I don't know the correct code!!

I have seriously spent like 45 mins trying to get this to work, and I would be eternally grateful if someone could please tell me what to do and end this misery!! I have just loved this game up to this point, but this is just frustrating as, um, heck!

Thank you SOOOOmuch for helping me complete this scene!

Brially

posted in 9: The Dark Side Collector's Edition on Dec 4, 11 3:08 AM
peglegann wrote:
Brially wrote:Good morning, fishies!
I must say this high-quality game was a very peasant surprise! Play Favorite Games was a new developer to me, but the excellent graphics and overall feel remind me of many of the ERS games--yay!!
Graphics: very clear and engaging
Difficulty: 3 modes of difficulty
Widescreen: Yes, option is available
Achievements: Yes, 32 different ones
Voiceovers: Yes--and very well done
Hints: Yes, very easy to understand
Strategy Guide: Remembers the page you were last on
Music: Good, not annoying and didn't feel I had to adjust volume/ turn it down
Bonus game: SG shows 16 pages, so should be long enough
Overall length: This one seems like it is worthy of being a CE--I saw that one of the achievements is for completing the game in under 5 hours (if I remember correctly!)
Comments:The graphics and storyline sucked me right in--I bought after 10 mins of demo! lol One of the neat things about this game is it was funny--which is nice after so many 'straight' games lately! I can't wait to play the rest!
Verdict: 5 / 5 The flowers are totally BLOOMING!! (hehe)
Please do not take offence, it reads
Gift of time - Granted for playing the game for more than 5 hours.
I cannot think what to make of that................

No offense taken at all I just saw '5 hours' and I guess I just assumes--I think I saw some other fishies thought so, too. Hmm, I'm not sure what to make of that, either--though I have enjoyed the minigames so much that I think I'm going to get a good amount of gameplay, timewise at least I'll go edit that part out since we're not exactly sure about it--thanks for pointing that out!

posted in 9: The Dark Side Collector's Edition on Dec 4, 11 2:10 AM
Good morning, fishies!

I must say this high-quality game was a very pleasant surprise! Play Favorite Games was a new developer to me, but the excellent graphics and overall feel remind me of many of the ERS games--yay!!

Graphics: very clear and engaging
Difficulty: 3 modes of difficulty
Widescreen: Yes, option is available
Sparkles--3 difficulty levels--yes on Casual, slight on Advanced, NONE on hardcore
Journal--Yes, has separate tabs for Story and Objectives
Achievements: Yes, 32 different ones
Voiceovers: Yes--and very well done
Hints: Yes, very easy to understand
Strategy Guide: Remembers the page you were last on--FULL SG AVAILABLE!!
Music: Good, not annoying and didn't feel I had to adjust volume/ turn it down
Minigames: Interesting and challenging, but not too hard--unique, not same ol'!
Basic storyline--Set in Prague, 9 priests summoned evil into the world, and as a Descendant, it is your duty to contain the evil and save the kingdom. I love me some knights and castles!!

Bonus game: SG shows 16 pages, so should be a decent length

Overall length: This one seems like it is worthy of being a CE--since the FULL SG is available (YAY!), it seems to me there will be a good amount of gameplay

Comments:The graphics and storyline sucked me right in--I bought after 10 mins of demo! lol One of the neat things about this game is some of the comments are a tiny bit funny--which is nice after so many 'straight' games lately! I can't wait to play the rest!

Verdict: 5 / 5 The flowers are totally BLOOMING!! (hehe)

posted in XIII - Lost Identity on Nov 30, 11 12:57 PM
Becca and Karen--

Thank you so much for responding--I was driving myself NUTS thinking HdO was some variant of **** games! lol I didn't notice the name of the company before the game, so I had no clue. And Becca, you are TOTALLY right--judging from this game, the company should be completely embarrassed to put out slop like this game! Infantile, fuzzy graphics, horrible storyline--this game might have seemed neat 10 years ago, but it is incredibly subpar for today's gaming.

Frankly, I'm both embarrassed for and mad at BFG for putting such a horrid game on the site. BFG members should all be insulted--we deserve so much more than games of this poor quality--$7 is WAYYY too much for this game--I wouldn't even drream of buying it as a DD!!

Thank you again!!

posted in XIII - Lost Identity on Nov 28, 11 8:42 PM
I've been playing here at BFG forever, but somehow I must have missed the term 'HdO'--I've never seen it before and I just cannot figure out what it means, I'm coming up with all kinds of silly things it could mean (Hidden dumb Object, Hidden demented Object, Hidden dirty (little) Object, Hidden d@mn Object...you get the idea! lol)

So, if someone could please put my poor little mind out of its misery and let me know what in the world an 'HdO is, I'd really appreciate it!! Also, is there any kind of list where all these various game abbreviations are listed? I searched but didn't find anything...I must have searched for the wrong terms or something b/c I'm sure such a list must exist--I'd love to bookmark it if so!

Many thanks!!
Brially

Hiya fishies!

I'M in a bit of a pickle--I played the original MCF: Ravenhearst game, but it was so long ago and I've played so many games since then that I remember absolutely NOTHING of the story. I then bought Return to Ravenhearst, but I had some personal issues come up at that time and I basically just completely forgot to play it. Same with 13th Skull.

NOW there is a wonderful-looking new game in the series and I'm absolutely DYING to start playing it--but I don't want to ruin the experience by not knowing the plot of the two previous games--BUT I seriously don't think I will be able to wait before playing Escape in order to go back and play the 1st 2 games in the series. So, as you can see, I'm totally stuck.

I honestly don't think I can wait, so...

Could some wonderful fishie perhaps please summarize the relevant plot points from MCF: Ravenhearst, MCF: Return to Ravenhearst, 13th Skull, etc. so I will know what events transpired leading up to MCF: Escape from Ravenhearst so I'll be up to date on the story and can play the new game right now?

That way, I wouldn't miss out on any of the nuances or references to the prior games, but I wouldn't have to immediately play the old games to catch up. I really want to go back and play Return to RH now that I've been reminded about it, but I just can't wait to play the new game!!

If someone could please reply with the plot summaries for the prior games, I would appreciate it SOOOO MUCH!!! It would probably be a good idea to put SPOILER ALERT in it, and you might want to make it so you have to highlight it in order to see it. AND, just to be cleaar, I own all the games, so I'm not trying to get any freebies or anything.

Thank you SOOO very much--I'll be waiting on pins and needles so I can read it and then immediately start playing the new game! hehe

Brially

posted in Azada® : In Libro Collector's Edition on Nov 17, 11 2:09 AM
Good morning fellow fishies!

Like most of you have noted, this Azada is VERY different from the two previous Azada games, I, too, am puzzled by this game's classification when there are no HOS to be found! Lack of HOG scenes is not necessarily a bac thing...but I get annoyed when games are mislabeled--especially when we're paying a premium for this game as it is a CE.

The graphics are terrific, and I have finally found my 'rhythm' with this game--it was a bit confusing at first. I'm leaning toward a buy on this one, but I'm going to try a different mode with the remainder of my demo minutes just to compare the different modes. I'll come back and revise this with more details once I'm done.

And a special hi to Valdy and the rest of you who were so supportive of my posts the other day --I just hate when people try to tell me and other gamers how we WILL feel about a game rather than sharing their own personal experiences with the game so we can conside their feedback when making our OWN purchasing decisions.

Off to play more! Back in a bit! hehe

posted in The Keepers: Lost Progeny Collector's Edition on Nov 13, 11 9:25 PM
staciepie27 wrote:
Although experienced players will be disappointed, novice ones will love the game because it does have a lot going for it. Oh well, maybe a DD late if I am bored.

I have noticed several comments like this that seemingly suggest that the 'glowing' reviews of this game must have been from newbies or novices because 'experienced players WILL BE disappointed'...not could be, might be or may be--but WILL BE.

I just wanted to point out--since my glowing review happened to be the first one posted under this thread (only because I happened to be up and the timing worked out )--that, though I have only 40-some posts to my name, I have been a BFG member for around 6 years, and I play in 'hardcore' mode like many 'experienced' players do. And I LOVED this game!

I certainly appreciate and value everyone's opinions, but I really feel some of the reviews have been a bit judgmental for this particular game. I'm sorry, but I don't think that every game played in a 'hardcore' or 'expert' mode has to necessarily be so hard that it's frustrating to the point that you feel like banging your head against the wall in order to be a good game. If I like the story, the gameplay and the graphics, I'm just one of those people who is able to overlook things like the game offering 'too much information'--like if the hint button tells you exactly where to go, I just make sure not to hit it--and if there are things like keys being named for their purpose, I just try not to hover over them so the label doesn't display. Of course, it's not always possible to avoid seeing too many hints, and understandably, some players will inevitably be upset by this.

All I'm saying is I just want to caution against using such blanket statements as 'experienced players WILL BE disappointed' just because I'm afraid absolutes like that may keep experienced players from trying a game that they might really enjoy--for me, the atmosphere, graphics, and the details, like the journal, made this a really wonderful game--and easy HOG scenes were in this case actually GOOD because I'm burned out on HOS and I wanted to get back to the story! LOL

So if we could post as many PERSONAL experiences as possible, but just refrain from making sweeping judgments of what OTHER people will feel, that would be just wonderful, I just don't want players to pass on trying a game because several reviews say a game is only good for 'novices'

Happy Gaming!
--Brially

posted in The Keepers: Lost Progeny Collector's Edition on Nov 13, 11 2:38 PM
Valdy wrote:
Brially wrote:Hello fellow fishies!

I just love this game!! I really hope you all will as well!!

The Keepers: Lost Progeny Collector's Edition is from developers BLAM! (who I'm not personally familiar with). An interesting thing I've never seen before is an advisory for 'graphic content' that appears on the game's page. The overall atmosphere is meant to be spooky, and just the style of the illustrations lends itself to some kind of gory, graphic scenes right off the bat--you may want to check it first- if you have kiddos--I thought it was fine, though.

--Brially

Hi Brially

Sorry, had to cut off some of your really great review. Just wanted to say "thank you" for the brilliant review. You made me almost change my mind about buying the CE version.

Aww, thank you so much, Valdy! I'm SO glad my review helped--I was surprised my review was the first one posted--considering this was the first real review I think I've ever posted haha. Apparently I need to be more persuasive since you said I 'almost' changed your mind!

As to the posts on here where people seem to be having lag or other issues--I have had NO problems at all with this game. It is smooth, detailed and the graphics and everything else are great!

I have been busy all day, so I'm only now getting to go back since I was up WAY too late playing. Thanks again for the sweet feedback, Valdy---you definitely made my day!

Go to:   

KEY:    Unread    Read    Sticky    Locked    Announcement    Moved    Moderator