Posts created by kris_cross48

been out of commission all of june and july download wise. Anything i MUST NOT miss? there are so many and the reviews, as helpful as they are, dont help me glean out the "dont miss this game" kinda comment.
hopefully you can read this and it doesnt say removed by moderator

thank you thank you
kris

posted in Tales of Terror: House on the Hill Collector's Edition on May 23, 14 12:31 PM
well, add me to the list of ticked off folks. I was fine UNTIL I put down cash. now I have "cannot find import, DLL may be missing, corrupt, or wrong version, file vedebug.dll error 126.
Since I have an XP, miscrosoft is not in the picture anymore. remind me to just do betas and demos, ok? they seem to work beautifully.
kris

posted in True Fear: Forsaken Souls Collector's Edition on May 16, 14 5:25 AM
im afraid both the Dev. and BF got their money and ran

posted in Black Rainbow on May 15, 14 11:36 AM
heck, i got 2/3 into the game, handed to crystals and told to go fight the bad guy, next thing, im in the amazon and "evil is defeated...for now" Arghhhhhh. i cant go back and retrace....i sure would rather go forward than replay the entire game. suggestions?

posted in Witch's Pranks: Frog's Fortune on May 1, 14 1:20 PM
i saw this game is beta and loved it. it wasnt SE quality but CE. I expect they went--oooppss, and pulled it to bring it back as a CE.
kris

posted in True Fear: Forsaken Souls Collector's Edition on Apr 29, 14 7:30 AM
the door under the sink opened once and shut tight. I think i need gloves in there. The help button says go there, the guide says the same....grrrr. anyone have a suggestion? this is my second restart and reinstall.
kris

posted in Cadenza: Music, Betrayal and Death Collector's Edition on Apr 13, 14 2:01 PM
This is the most enjoyable game I've played in a long time. This had everything..the works. Awesome to die for music, wonderful storyline, graphics that were over the top in perfection and also some just great because they were new..the cubist painting..loved that.
It is a deeply unselfish game..long, multiple angles going on...again..the awesome blues, great voices. I'd say this developer and crew had a nice long trip to N'Orleans. The faces were right on, the voices had the attitude. I lived in the south a long time and wondered where were the african-americans in these games.
The extras were wonderful..they went on and on..keep at it, there are a LOT of extreas after the game.
Thank you for this game, I'll be humming that jazz for days.
kris

posted in Mind Snares: Alice's Journey on Apr 6, 14 2:45 PM
guess I have the same weird issue. Sword in stone, go over the bridge to final door and hear alice's voice, "this is where it all began"...red screen then the mind snare title.
That's it? that's the ending?????

posted in The Others on Mar 18, 14 6:21 AM
same with the rest of you..scapel and crash. I bought this with a coupon, what a putz I am.

posted in Danse Macabre: The Last Adagio Collector's Edition on Feb 20, 14 5:54 PM
one little blip the developers might want to know about.. You've finished this great game, did the bonus, bouquet is all perfec..then i went to souveners...i love this when you go back into the game and find more stuff..the bug is..at the end of finding things..your back in the filled souvener room and no way to back out without ct/at/de; and out. so, i cant go back to the extras and check out the music and how they made it..fun stuff. there isnt any way if your in the souvenerr room.

posted in Midnight Castle on Feb 17, 14 4:50 AM
Run Time Error/Midnight Castle on my desk top first thing this morning. The game will not play, desk top screen flashes for a second as it is trying to and then nothing.
I uninstalled, reinstalled...no change. Other games work. I was not at 18 yet..about 14 I think, so that isn't the issue.
I guess what tweaks us so much about the game is the hours...I mean loads of hours we put into it. This isn't a shrug, oh well, give me a coupon kind of thing ( esp since it was free) , its the lost hours ...
So Big Fish..advise me here. PLease don't tell me I got what I paid for.
kris

posted in Midnight Castle on Feb 9, 14 5:29 AM
new issue?
opened the game this morning as usual, got my coins..oh yipee. Clicked on a hog site i needed stuff from...no list of objects. nothing.
anyone have this? I'm not at 18 yet. Best I remember I'm at 12 and haven't updated.
kris

posted in Midnight Castle on Feb 4, 14 7:02 AM
I'm kris_cross ( chris) 13173. need one little griffin food. how do you change pets?
thank you, kris

posted in Fatal Passion: Art Prison Collector's Edition on Feb 1, 14 5:12 AM
Not sure where to ask this, sionce the general forums have collapsed..

What are you all doing with the games? I'm quickly running out of space on my hard drive. We did buy an external drive but just sliding an icon over doesn't work. I've been told you have to uninstall and reinstall onto the External drive by a guy at Staples. Hmmm.
Thoughts?
thanks and sorry BFG for popping this question in here.
kris

posted in Midnight Castle on Jan 29, 14 2:15 PM
Server keeps disconnecting in game. My internet server connection is fine, seems to be big fish"s server. I see this happened a few days ago. Anyone disconnected now?
kris

posted in Obscure Legends: Curse of the Ring on Jan 29, 14 1:31 PM
Froze up immediately after game started when I clicked on the dead sailors gold. Poof that was it. Ctrl/alt/del to cut loose, manager said game wasn't responding.
that was that
kris

posted in Shadow Shelter on Jan 20, 14 11:22 AM
Good afternoon in the dead of winter!

We have our usual mixed bag of reviews. Reading them this morning I almost didn't even give it a try..especially with all the tech. issues. once downloaded, I remembered this game from Beta-ing it.
I panned it at that time. I couldnt get past the roaring animals and that was it for me.

Well, I was wrong. This really is a long, well thought out game that you have to warm up to and that takes the full demo.
I like the graphics, they are dark but appropriately so for an haunted old house. ( I love haunted house stuff). The dev team even offers up fireflies to lighten a dark corner, now isn't that thoughtful? Course, you have to catch them first.

The one bugaboo I didn't like was the slow loading between scenes. Perhaps that's my old XP and that is not an issue for you, but sitting there twiddling thumbs watching footsteps on a blueprint...which is moving..now I know why I felt seasick for a second..is not a lot of fun and it seems very old school. Once your in the next place, life is good again. my suggestion, don't stare at your screen watching the footprints.

In all, this was..well is fun. I grabbed with a coupon so all is fair and wonderful with the world.
Good graphics, very nice art work (the shadows were right on) , music fine, programming a wee slow. Loved The Thing ( the hand a la The Addams Family)
kris

probably one of the best games I've seen in a long time. Besides the beautiful graphics, really fun game play , long length of time..the developer was not scimpy with the extras. Things to find, chase, even extra items I didn't know about during the game that I hunted afterwoods.
The map was awesome. It gave you the information you needed without ruining the game, It allowed you to hop, make sure you didn't forget an item..all which is so fair..especially since you have spent good money on what is now YOUR game, and it should behave the way YOU want it,,not the developers sense of gaming,
Everything about this game was fun. I hated that it ended, evem with the hint that there was more in the future,
Great great game..honestly, it will win awards for the graphics alone, along with the programming. You gotta really like these developers..they seem to like what they are doing and it shows.
kris

posted in Excursions of Evil on Jan 15, 14 2:05 PM
I guess the yellow light means they are blances? thought it would be green. anyway, cant seem to get it right. anyone figure this one out?

posted in Love Alchemy: A Heart In Winter on Jan 13, 14 7:28 AM
Add me to the Freezing issue. I bought this one and now it's a mess.

Another issue, why do we have to keep signing in over and over even when the box ( keep me signed on) is checked. I took me three sign ons ( no boo boos from me) before Big Fish let me in.
So much has changed on BFG in a year..no one to chat with over issues, very slow feed back with problems. The usual "play as an administrator" as an answer.
Big Fish, your corporate decisions are definately not customer friendly. I've been with BFG for years and am surprised how priorities have changed.
kris

Go to:   

KEY:    Unread    Read    Sticky    Locked    Announcement    Moved    Moderator