Posts created by NCwriter

posted in Christmas Wonderland 7 on Dec 13, 17 8:30 PM
Thanks for the info. I'm glad it's at least going to be released before Christmas, but I sure do wish they'd release them sooner because they're a great way to get in the holiday spirit. Six days before Christmas day I'm going to be too busy getting ready for my family coming to spend much time playing games!!

posted in Roads of Rome: New Generation 2 on Nov 30, 17 11:23 AM
Lexi, do you see the little red triangular flag flying on top of the workers' house? Look just to the left of that little flag, and you'll see a pillar with a glowing light on the top. If you point to it, you'll see that it's an Altar of Light. You'll need 50 gold coins to dispel the fog and see the rune stone.

posted in Bad Dream: Coma on Nov 11, 17 10:28 AM
I'm loving this game, but I'm stuck comparing the pictures of the bird (chicken leg quarter). I didn't have trouble with the two pictures prior to this one, but I've found everything that could possibly be found in this one, yet there must still be something left because it won't take me out of the comparison screen. There isn't a walkthrough, and no completed screens to see online, so this is just a rant! I made the mistake of punching a crow in the beginning (didn't know clicking on it would do that!) so I no longer have the option of being good unless I start over...but I'm going to be good and help the blind guy, if I can finish this chicken puzzle!! Definitely not "your regular old Bigfish game!"

There's a circle in the upper right corner that should change while you're playing (as it does in other challenge levels). I thought it was like a timer that would start filling up when more than one person got into the line, but nothing like that happens. I've played it several times and gotten the required score every time, but still don't get the diamond. I think this has to be a bug in the game.

jands2012 wrote:Windows 8.1, whenever I download the game, press the play again icon it immediately closes the Bigfish app. I've downloaded and tried several times with
no change.

Whenever I install a BigFish game, I always drag the .exe file to the desktop so I can start the game directly from application in the game files, without having to open the BigFish game manager. Try that.

In the Bonus game, in making that potion in the cauldron in the fireplace, I accidentally missed starting with the wheat--I put in the flowers, then the turtle egg, but then I realized I'd missed the wheat and when I tried to add it, a message came up saying I need to add things in the right order. Well, I can't DO that now because I no longer have my flowers or my egg. There's no way to go get more flowers or another egg; those sites are marked as completed. I can't reset making the potion to start that sequence from the beginning, so I'm stuck. Do I have to start the bonus game all over in order to get those ingredients again? I'm on a Windows 7 PC.

In making that potion in the cauldron in the fireplace, I accidentally missed the wheat--I put in the flowers, then the turtle egg, but then I realized I'd missed the wheat and when I tried to add it, the message came up saying I need to add things in the right order. Well, I can't DO that now because I no longer have my flowers or my egg! There's no way to go get more flowers or another egg; those sites are marked as completed. I can't reset it to start from the beginning, so I'm stuck. Anybody else have this problem?

posted in Hidden Wonders of the Depths 3: Atlantis Adventures on Jun 24, 13 9:22 AM
I didn't know that powerup strength carries over from one level to the next. Although that's good to know, it doesn't help me now on this level because I can't go back and play the previous levels. I don't want to start the game over again just to get through this one level! I've tried everything--even clicking furiously and randomly as fast as I can--and so far no luck. The killers are those tiles on the sides with THREE chains on them. Why on earth would the developers make a level that's so difficult the player feels like just giving up on the game?? That's what I'm about ready to do. I love this game, but I despise this level.

posted in Hidden Wonders of the Depths 3: Atlantis Adventures on Jun 17, 13 12:14 PM
Someone else posted this question quite a long time ago and got no replies, so I'm posting it again because I'm also stuck on level 183. I've found many of the levels to quite challenging and I love that--I just keep at it until I finally solve them. But this one seems unsolvable for some reason. There are two obstacles, a wall and a door, and two crabs. I swap tiles to get the piece to complete the battering ram to clear the door, and then navigate the orange crab up to his treasure chest, but nothing comes out of that chest except coral. I get the yellow crab over to the wall, but even when I clear out all the blocked tiles and wipe away all the colored tiles, there isn't a piece to complete the construction equipment to tear down the wall so I can move him to his treasure chest.

I just sit here swapping tiles, swapping tiles, and swapping tiles, hoping that somewhere, somehow, that missing piece will show up. What am I doing wrong? I've used all of the bonus tools in different ways trying to figure out where that missing piece is, but nothing works. I sure hope someone can tell me what to do, because I'd hate to have gotten this far in the game and not be able to continue.

posted in RealMYST on Apr 16, 13 10:32 AM
Agree TOTALLY!!!!! I was so excited to see this on BigFish that I didn't even read the description or download the trial--I bought it immediately. But my excitement turned to absolute fury when I saw what they had done by making it 3D. I loved the dreamy, ethereal atmosphere and beautiful music that sucked me into the Myst world back when it first came out, and that's what I was expecting to enjoy again. But this is NOTHING like that--I find myself lurching around, racing along sidewalks, bumping into things and having to back up to aim exactly where I want to go...I didn't buy this expecting to play an arcade game. I am so disappointed.

posted in Westward IV: All Aboard on Dec 11, 12 6:58 PM
I've loved all of the Westward games, but the devs seem to have just stopped making the series. Does anyone know whether or not another game will ever be developed? I know Sandlot games was sold earlier this year to Digital Chocolate, and then they laid off a bunch of people, but I hope they know how popular this game series is!

posted in Christmas Stories: Nutcracker Collector's Edition on Dec 9, 12 9:55 PM
I finally found the last cup for the shelves in the kitchen, but I can't for the life of me figure out what to do with that puzzle! Has anyone solved it, and if so, could you please give me a hint about the strategy? I hate skipping puzzles and I don't want someone to just give me the answer, but I can't even figure out what to do. Any help would be appreciated!

posted in Patricia's Quest for Sun on Oct 11, 12 6:50 PM
Also having the "stuck tile" problem on Chapter 17.6. The same tile was repeated and even though it was in the right spot, it wasn't checked green, and I couldn't move it. I had to reset the puzzle and start it over from scratch.

Seems many folks are having this problem and it's not limited to just one puzzle or one chapter, so it must be some kind of pervasive glitch. Wish this had been found and fixed before the game was released! Other than this issue, a terrific game. Hope I don't come across any other puzzles that I have to reset in order to complete...

posted in Supercow on May 23, 12 8:31 AM
Supercow was the first BigFish game I purchased, four years ago--and it was the reason I joined the site and stuck around! There are so many rave reviews on here about this game--why won't you come out with a sequel??? BigFish is spending so much time designing dark, gloomy, depressing mystery hidden object games that they don't care about subscribers who want simple, fun, engaging platform games for stress-free enjoyment or for kids. PLEASE create a sequel to Supercow!!!!

posted in Royal Envoy 2 on Mar 4, 12 1:24 PM
I must have played this level a dozen times and I get verrrrry close but still can't get three stars. I've tried all kinds of strategies--destroying all the chalets to build one villa, then building a market and sawmill and building another villa...collecting enough money to destroy a couple of chalets and build a sawmill and market...working on the happiness first and putting off the trees until halfway through...restoring the nursery ASAP to get the watering started quickly...no matter what I try, I just can't seem to get those three stars. If you've gotten three stars, please tell me how you did it! I'm way past this level in the game--I think I'm up to Level 120, but I keep coming back to this to try for those three stars because I've gotten three stars on all the other levels so far. Help, please! :-)

posted in Mystery Trackers: The Void on Feb 8, 11 9:01 PM
I'm in the cave where the injured monster needs medicine, and there's a broken ladder behind him. I clicked on the ladder and it zoomed in close up and said the ladder needs to be fixed, so I dragged up the board I had picked up before clicking on the ladder. I I didn't yet have a hammer or nails, so I closed that window to continue playing. When I did find the hammer, I came back to finish fixing the ladder, and now the game won't let me click on the ladder anymore! I've clicked all around everywhere, trying to get that darn zoomed-in window to open so I can fix the ladder, but it won't open it again, so I can't fix the ladder and I'm stuck. I guess I'll have to create a new profile and start all over.

Until I came to this forum, I had no idea this game had so many bugs, or I wouldn't have bought it.

Go to:   

KEY:    Unread    Read    Sticky    Locked    Announcement    Moved    Moderator