Posts created by stevefrei

posted in Old Clockmaker's Riddle on Jul 20, 13 11:31 AM
I am in the same position -- all my buildings are secured, I have no buildings left to play. Perhaps it's necessary to finish with the clock tower in order to trigger end of game credits, but that's not how it went for me -- I had one or two buildings to replay after the clock tower. Bit anticlimactic after all that.

posted in Old Clockmaker's Riddle on Jul 20, 13 11:26 AM
It's true that when it comes to upgrades and how you secure your buildings and how you lose them (and have to play them again) the game gives no directions whatsoever, and that's inexcusable really since it's the focus of the entire game and the only path to beating the game.

Well, I believe I just beat the game this morning -- that is, all of my buildings are secured and none can be taken away. I say 'I believe' because the game has given me no indication I've won, yet I can no longer play any buildings.

This is what I've gathered about upgrades: You'll want to balance out getting building upgrades -- whenever possible purchasing the 'shield' upgrades, which make your buildings impervious -- with getting power-ups and power-up upgrades. At a certain point when you have enough power-ups, you can 'win' any building -- and ultimately they go up to 200. Once you've 'won' all the buildings and there's no buildings left to play, you've essentially 'beat' the game (although I must say it's a bit anticlimactic, and I'm not so sure it was worth the effort, haha).

The most difficult part of the game is the mid-game, when you're trying to get power-ups *and* secure your buildings at the same time -- at that point in the game, I found myself playing the same buildings four, five, six times before I could secure them for good with the shield. As I say, however, once you've purchased and upgraded your power-ups, it's just a matter of time before you get all the buildings.

posted in Chronicles of Vida: The Story of the Missing Princess on May 26, 13 9:35 PM
Excellent Charkez, I was stuck there too -- thanks much.

posted in Chronicles of Vida: The Story of the Missing Princess on May 22, 13 7:49 AM
Good call, Lizzy.

The spot I missed was at the base of the suit of armor in the hall, where you get the final red flower button for the door lock puzzle. Remembered you can switch to easy mode at any time in-game and look for the sparkles, it's a great help when you get stuck.

Go to:   

KEY:    Unread    Read    Sticky    Locked    Announcement    Moved    Moderator