Posts created by Astina

 
 
 posted in Dark Dimensions: City of Fog Collector's Edition on May 12, 11 6:57 PM
The first HOG you come to I picked up a pair of scissors and was using them on the book, which the game let me. When I got through the list all I had left was the bow, I could not get the the bow out of the skeleton's hand so I looked it up in the walk through and it says you need the scissors. I no longer have them. It's easy for me to restart the game since I'm at the beginning but I thought you should know and hopefully nothing like that happens further in the game.
 
 
 posted in Hollywood Files: Deadly Intrigues on May 9, 11 3:30 PM
I don't write often but this game was really bad I lasted 8 minutes in the demo and that was 8 minutes in my life wasted. Also it had a timer so forget it.
Better luck next time!




Edited for spelling
 
 
 posted in Epic Adventures: Cursed Onboard on Mar 11, 11 8:03 PM
On that HOG scene I actually asked my husband if maybe they put the wrong list with that picture but after we studied the picture. It was the right list, they did a terrific job of hiding everything. Best I've seen. Also there is a way to get a wide-screen. It's on the option page! Good gaming all!

honorelle wrote:I gave up after 10 minutes. Why? Because the second HOG scene contained a list of items, none of which were included in the scene. I basically had the after removal shot, with none of the items added in. The hint shows the items either from the top, left to right then descending or from the left, top to bottom then by column, but the only hint I could get (machete, near the dice and lizard) was definitely not there, and clicking where the object should have been only results in a misclick. Since the scene is required to do anything else in the game? Definately not worth restarting my BFG membership for. I'm gonna go off an play the large file games I bought a while back, and wait for brighter TGTs.
 
 
Then there are the ones like me that are trapped between I can't afford medical insurance on my own but not old enough for medicare. So we are really watching are pennies but there are no places for cheap games and BFG is the cheapest I've been able to find. I still find their customer service top notch every time I've written them they couldn't be nicer. SE for Me

.
barbee44 wrote:
SeaMoon wrote:I'm tired of the CE's..it seems that every good game comes out first as a CE and a month or so later the regular edition...I won't download or try the CE games I'll just wait for the regular edition to come out or get it elsewhere. Sorry, just my two cents worth.


That's exactly how I feel, SeaMoon. Thanks for expressing it so nicely.
PROBLEM: Fact is, I joined because my budget allowed for 6.99. I have purchased over 200 games since I first joined back in 2000 or 2001... it wasn't even a club when I bought my first few games. I'm retired and since there are no longer any Social Security raises... I can't afford the increase. It drives me absolutely mad to see these great games and have to pass them up until they come out a month later.
(I just had surgery, my Medicare co pay was $425 and now hubby needs surgery and his co pay is $425... the medical situation is getting worse too. I realize things are tough for businesses but they just pass it off on us by raising prices. It's the little guy that the economy busts all fall back on. Gas here in NY is 3,27 a gall.

SOLUTION: I suggested to BFG that they allow us to use two game credits to purchase them but as yet... nothing. I don't even bother trying to fill up my punch card because I don't even want a free credit. What will I do with it? The best games are 13.99.

It's all well and good that those of you who can afford them don't mind and even mentally criticize our griping, but if you put yourself in our shoes, you'd see how frustrating it is.

SUMMARY: I always felt that BFG was a company that really cared and tried it's best to please it's members, but lately that seems to not be the case. They've heard our cries but have done nothing. They are scooping up the money as fast as they can and are putting off letting us buy the CE's for two credits. Don't they realize we'd buy more games if we could just to get the two credits to buy the CE's.

And I would never say the CE isn't worth the money, just that some of us can't afford them.
 
 
 posted in Eternal Night: Realm of Souls on Jan 17, 11 9:01 PM
I have a strange problem, the game seems to run ok but at the bottom of the screen it just keeps flashing and its really annoying. No matter what I do I can't get it to stop. when it loading it's a solid black screen flashing where it says loading and after it's done loading in the game I can see everything at the bottom of the screen but it just flashes constantly.
 
 
 posted in Awakening: Moonfell Wood on Dec 25, 10 1:39 PM
Goofyduck

I'm so sorry that you're sick and around the holidays makes it worse. Hope you feel better because I enjoy your reviews and a lot of my purchases are bought because of them.

Happy Holidays Fishies and BF staff
 
 
 posted in Haunted Halls: Green Hills Sanitarium on Nov 27, 10 8:16 PM
Sadly I'm having the same problems, the CE worked great but on the SE I only made it to the first HOG in the car and my cursor just started floating. If you want to wait five minutes it will finally cross the item of the list and start again. It looks like a great game and hopefully it will be fixed soon.

In all fairness Big Fish only sells the games they don't make them. It's the company that makes the game that has to fix the problems and I'm sure they won't be back in the office until Monday!
 
 
 posted in Downtown Secrets on Nov 7, 10 5:40 PM
1Seashell7 wrote:I have a number of games that load with black bars on the side. I usually exit the game and go to my desktop screen. and right click anywhere on the desktop where there are no icons and then click on graphic properties. That should bring up your graphics programs settings, Look for something that says display settings. I have to click on that and then look for screen resolution. Mine is defaulted to run at 1280 x 800. I pull down the drop down menu and change the setting to 1024 x 768. I then have to hit OK or apply and then have to OK the changes again. I then go back into the game and it runs at full screen without the black bars on the side. You have to remember to go back to the default after you exit the game using the same procedure. i run Vista 32 bit with an Intel graphics card.


Thanks for the info. I've asked the forum several times what do you put the settings on to get a full screen? Nobody ever answered. I tried to find it myself and I must have missed that setting. So Thanks again you made my day!
 
 
 posted in Columbus: Ghost of the Mystery Stone on Sep 28, 10 7:49 PM
I'm really surprised when I disagree with all of you but today I do. I played the demo before checking here to see what's being said. I really thought people would be grumbling about how boring this game is. I love the graphics but to me the game is very boring. It's one **** scene after another and I thought the objects were difficult to find plus I was using the hint button more than any other game. I always try not to use the button at all, it takes longer but I get a feeling of accomplishment from it. So it's a no buy for me. Happy Gaming to all!
 
 
 posted in Snark Busters: Welcome to the Club on Aug 15, 10 7:42 PM
rlk0045 wrote:
happygrams18 wrote:
rlk0045 wrote:It's not much fun for me because the game does not fill my computer screen. Because of this the parts are two small to see and you have to constantly use the hint button. This makes the game very boring. Why do the developers make games that do not fill the computer screen?


I have a large screen and it is completely filled with the game. In saying that, is there an option at the first of the game where you can click on full screen? Take a long and see. Good luck. This is a very fun game...love the interaction of things. Hate to see you miss out. This is a game I would play again and I can't say that about many games.


I could not get it to work on my computer.


I can't get it to work on mine either. Isn't there someone out there that knows how to make it a full screen, like what to put the settings on. I'm on 1440x900 and I tried so many other settings tonight but no good
 
 
 posted in Faded Reality on May 30, 10 5:47 PM
Everyone is entitled to their own opinion!! When I read the forums I take everything said and then I play the demo to form my own opinion. Anyone that just relies on the posts might miss out on a great game. We all have different tastes and that what make the world an interesting place.

Now off my soapbox!

I really thought this was an interesting game and I won't go into why as it's been said several times. I won't be buying it until I find out how long it is. If anyone finishes the game please post how long it is and what kind of player you are, fast or slow.

Have a safe holiday!!
 
 
 posted in Special Enquiry Detail: The Hand that Feeds on May 26, 10 8:32 PM
SS doesn't come out just on the 1st, I'm on SS and get paid on the 3rd Wednesday of the month. So no matter when they would have a sale there will be people upset.

Great.......sale at the end of the month..... Why can't BF have these sales after the 1st of the month?? Alot of us can't buy these towards the end of the month, due to having no money, until after the 1st of the month. My SS doesn't drop until the 3rd of every month....so, I won't be able to buy any games, and there are a few I did want to buy. Now I'll have to wait, and buy them at full price.......not fair for us others that have limited income....BigFish..are you listening???
[/size]

I won't be buying this one either because I found this to be a boring game. The story was interesting but the ****'s were just plain boring.

Maybe someone can help me. I have a wide screen monitor and the game doesn't fit the screen, I've tried different resolutions but can't seem to find the right one. Another reason I won't be buying.
 
 
 posted in Journalist Journey: The Eye of Odin on May 20, 10 10:14 PM
I found this game really boring. Of course it could be because I just finished Deadtime stories, Compare this story to that one.....boring. I would probably pick it up for $2.99. Happy gaming all.
 
 
 posted in Deadtime Stories on Apr 29, 10 8:37 PM
I absolutely loved the demo and I won't go on and say why since it's been said many times today. The only problem if I buy it today that will start another punch card. Not sure if I can wait until the beginning of the month, I know it's only a day away but that can seem like a long time waiting. Good work BFG!!!
 
 
 posted in Masquerade Mysteries: The Case of the Copycat Curator on Apr 21, 10 9:00 PM
I have updated everything and my cursor won't even move enough to let me pass the title screen. It seems like you're having quite a few problems with the cursors that hopefully there will be a update to the game in the near future. Am I right?
I will wait until then to reinstall and demo the game. Hopefully buy it
 
 
 posted in Settlement: Colossus on Apr 1, 10 11:04 PM
I downloaded this game out of curiosity and I'm glad that I did, it's a great game. I'm one fish that's glad they put this in HOG category otherwise I wouldn't have looked at it.. Can't wait until the coupons come out for March to buy it.
 
 
 posted in The Mystery of the Crystal Portal: Beyond the Horizon on Apr 1, 10 10:55 PM
I'm in the minority, I liked the game and thought it was was different than a lot of the games that we've been playing. Anyway I bought it.
 
 
 posted in Island: The Lost Medallion on Mar 28, 10 8:36 PM
I really liked the game but this is the first game from BF in 4 years that won't cover the screen. I have a 24in widescreen any ideas? I really would like to buy it. Well dummy me after reading some more on the posts I changed the resolution. Learned something tonight!
 
 
 posted in Pathfinders: Lost at Sea on Mar 16, 10 10:43 PM
I just finished the game and it is a great game! As was said before , a nice touch with the list being alphabetized. There is really nothing I could say that was bad about the game. I really enjoyed it
 
 
 posted in Time Riddles: The Mansion on Mar 16, 10 9:54 PM
I just finished the game and I really liked the first part of the it with the riddles and the gems. but then the game went on and on as a straight HOG. The screens were the same just flipped around and towards the end the lists were the same just switched around. A good game in the beginning but why I finished it I have no clue.
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
Go to:   
 
 
 
KEY:    Unread    Read    Sticky    Locked    Announcement    Moved    Moderator