Posts created by captwesker

posted in Abandoned: Chestnut Lodge Asylum on Feb 2, 15 2:55 PM
You need to find the code in the brochure in the magazine rack before the game recognizes that the code is valid. Silly, but true.

The code is found in the magazine rack at the foot of the stairs heading up to the second floor of the asylum. Click on the rack to open up brochures and read them. The code will appear in your journal. You will then be able to complete the briefcase puzzle.

Also, don't forget to pick up the moth from the magazine rack. You will need this later in the game.

posted in Abandoned: Chestnut Lodge Asylum on Feb 2, 15 2:46 PM
You need to find the code in the brochure in the magazine rack before the game recognizes that the code is valid. Silly, but true.

The code is found in the magazine rack at the foot of the stairs heading up to the second floor of the asylum. Click on the rack to open up brochures and read them. The code will appear in your journal. You will then be able to complete the briefcase puzzle.

Also, don't forget to pick up the moth from the magazine rack. You will need this later in the game.

posted in Ashes of Immortality on Jan 31, 15 1:09 PM
Not sure if they're going to get them or not. I've played both of the sequels, and have to say that they were a huge letdown.

There were more misspelled words and poor grammar than the first one, and the overall gameplay just wasn't there. When I finished the games, I thought "That's IT??!!" They seemed too short and too easy. Not to mention I just wasn't interested in the other characters. Simona seems to have lost her charm as a character (what little she had, at least).

For a listing of the RPG's on BigFish, you can go here :

http://www.bigfishgames.com/download-games/genres/82/rpg.html

Perhaps you might find something else to tide you over unless you really want to try out the other 2 games....

posted in Ashes of Immortality on Jan 31, 15 1:05 PM
I've played both, and think both are good. Skyborn is definitely the better of the two.

Skyborn is more steampunk style, and the leveling system is pretty fair. The main character is sarcastic at times, but the dialogue overall is interesting and keeps you immersed in the game.

With Ashes of Immortality, there is definitely ALOT more exploration available as well as sidequests. You do need to level up more often, but if you manage to find and beat Dracula (sidequest) you gain a HUGE experience boost and the rest of the game is a breeze.

Here is also the link to all the RPG's on BIgFish. Not sure why the category isn't listed somewhere since there are quite a lot of people who love RPG's, and hunting through the lists is a mighty pain....

http://www.bigfishgames.com/download-games/genres/82/rpg.html

posted in 3 Stars of Destiny on May 11, 14 3:57 PM
Just keep 'examining' the mirror and it will break.

Of course, if for some reason it doesn't, you might need to have Random's strength higher.

posted in RealMYST on Jan 15, 14 4:08 PM
You're looking for a cream cloth with a red design hanging on the lower part of the wall in the corrider. Depending on which corridor you're in, it can either be on the left, OR the right. This hidden passageway connects each of the corridors that lead to Sirrus' and Achenor's rooms.

You'll find a compass rose on the floor with little light bulbs all around it. In order to do anything in this room, however, you'll need to get the generator working.

posted in RealMYST on Jan 15, 14 4:03 PM
Glad you figured it out!

For anyone else who's lost, the batteries only stays charged for so long. You have to go back and crank the batteries back to full charge again to 'see' the book on the table.

posted in Sylia - Act 1 on Dec 19, 13 9:27 PM
Actually, the very first thing you want to do when you get Katie and Nestor is to GO INTO THE CUBE.

Entering the Cube destroys all your food items, so it's better to go in before you've collected any of the items lying around Saffron. From the entrance of the Cube, go right, then up at the first opportunity Keep going all the way up and you will see a weird item on the ground. Take it. You will not be able to identify it at this point, but keep trying to identify it each time you level up and eventually you will figure out what it is (I forget what level you need to be).

This will make your battles much easier to fight in the beginning of the game when you have so few characters.

Happy gaming!

posted in Sylia - Act 1 on Dec 19, 13 9:18 PM
There is also the Big Egg in Saffron next to Big Henry the Rooster. You can't get that item either.

Annoyed the heck out of me when I was trying to do the quest for Electre. Thought that was one of the eggs I needed.

posted in Sylia - Act 1 on Dec 19, 13 8:47 PM
Sometimes buying from shops works better with a keyboard (arrows and space/enter).

However, I've noticed a lot of RPG's that have mouse controls use the left button for 'enter', the right button for 'esc' and the middle button (or wheel) for 'accept' in shops.

Perhaps that will help?

posted in Sylia - Act 1 on Dec 19, 13 8:21 PM
Green Apples - use it to cure 100 life pts and cure venom (may vary depending on how you like it)

You can also have a Fox join your party when Nestor has reached (at least) level 19. It has a skill called Sylvan Sparkles, which will heal all party members and cure venomed state. Just head to Tandriel, the town north of the Desert of Kadahra.

posted in Sylia - Act 1 on Dec 19, 13 8:07 PM
Her 'Precious' is the Milk Teapot next to the Frogman seller one screen up and one right from her in the Burroughs.

posted in Abandoned: Chestnut Lodge Asylum on Jul 9, 13 2:41 PM
SSueSQ wrote:You have to find a police badge in one of the HO scenes and the number is on the badge. I think the HO scene is the one where you have to use the car jack (which they call a level) to open the elevator doors. The doors are never stuck or anything, you just have to open them with the car jack to get the HO scene.

In order to access the HOS you have to go to the 2nd floor via the elevator. Then head into the room straight ahead and jump out of the window. Head back inside to the elevator but DO NOT hit the button to recall the elevator. Instead, pick up the 'level' (car jack) from your inventory and use it on the elevator door. This will open the doors to access a HOS to get the police badge number for your journal.

This is where you get the badge number from for the computer in the guard house to access the computer to get the code to 'diffuse' the bomb.

posted in Abandoned: Chestnut Lodge Asylum on Jul 9, 13 2:26 PM
I'm not sure if you have the right code. There shouldn't be 'sets of numbers'.

posted in Abandoned: Chestnut Lodge Asylum on Jul 9, 13 2:22 PM
rubylace66 wrote:i am missing one note and do not know where to find it
i have notes for the following authors
elliot
cervantes
roosevelt
seneca
i think i am missing the note for shakespeare
can anyone help please

You need to find all 5 of the quotes by the authors throughout the game. They will be recorded in your journal.

1. In the trunk of the car in the patient's pocket.
2. After completing the piano puzzle, you will get this quote.
3. Inflate the balloon you found from the clown patient in the doghouse. You can inflate it with the pump found in the garage.
4. Inside the van in the garage is a mirrored note next to a patient (with the glass shard). Read this in the mirror room with the mirror that says 'READ ME'.
5. In the pool, use the corkscrew on the glass jar to get the last quote.

You can get these quotes in any order. As long as you have them in your journal, you will be able to finish the puzzle in the bookcase.

posted in Abandoned: Chestnut Lodge Asylum on Jul 9, 13 2:21 PM
The pump is the switch on the middle bottom of the boiler. Just hover over it until you get the 'hand' symbol and click your mouse. It will automatically 'pump' the air bubbles out.

posted in Abandoned: Chestnut Lodge Asylum on Jul 9, 13 2:16 PM
govols2 wrote:Pamspub, it took me forever to get the computer to take the code. I would put in the correct numbers and then nothing would happen. Would come out of the scene then go back and do it again. I think I remember that after hitting the numbers I had to hit another button on the keyboard. Maybe an arrow looking one. something like that.

If you look down at your own keyboard, you will see a little arrow button on the 'ENTER' key. When you input the code into the computer in the game, you need to press that same button on the screen that matches the 'enter'. That way you are inputting the code.

posted in Abandoned: Chestnut Lodge Asylum on Jul 9, 13 2:14 PM
It seems that this is a glitch that happens to a few people. Not sure if it was from an older build, or what. I know I didn't have this problem in my game.

From what I'm aware, however, creating a new profile and starting from that one should solve the problem. I know it's not exactly what you want to hear since you have to start from scratch again. But think, the game will go much faster now since you've done it before, and you may even get some new items to find in your HOS. >.>

posted in Abandoned: Chestnut Lodge Asylum on Jul 9, 13 2:09 PM
The container is actually in the trunk of the car in front of the asylum. Use the crowbar on the trunk to open it, and you will see the gas can. Grab it, as well as a few other helpful items.

posted in Abandoned: Chestnut Lodge Asylum on Jul 9, 13 2:05 PM
mcaninch wrote:I have played this game twice--my balloon disappears every time--can't go any farther.

The balloon is supposed to disappear. You only need to inflate it to get the quote from it. The quote automatically appears in your journal. It is one of the five quotes needed to complete the bookcase puzzle later in the game.

Go to:   

KEY:    Unread    Read    Sticky    Locked    Announcement    Moved    Moderator