Posts created by awalkinglady

posted in Nightfall: An Edgar Allan Poe Mystery on Oct 17, 14 5:58 AM
I get the same "no string" text on several pages of my diary as well.

posted in Nightfall: An Edgar Allan Poe Mystery on Sep 30, 14 4:16 AM
Totally agree......adding the fog and dark screens to comparison scenes is ridiculous and actually makes the game a true chore to play. Before this update, I looked forward to playing this game for the short time my energy would permit every day. After the update, all I look forward to is getting through these bad weather hazards! Have to agree that this will ruin the game for me too.....sad because it had a lot of potential.

posted in Antique Road Trip: American Dreamin' on Sep 26, 14 5:16 AM
Waiting 3 1/2 months for an update on this game is absolutely ridiculous!! For a game that used to have either an event or an update every 4 to 6 weeks, this is a big disappointment. It used to be my favorite game to play.....but now I don't even log in anymore since giving out keys simply became way too boring. Sounds like there is something political going on between BFG and Boomzap. Whatever the problem is, it would be nice if they would resolve it and release the update!!

posted in Midnight Castle on Sep 19, 14 1:38 PM
It makes no difference what level you are on.....the crafting wheel simply gives you the object of the least value every time. It's really disheartening when you've spent days doing HOS to get the items you need to craft an item and accumulated the coins required......then you go to craft the item and get a stamp, a few coins, globe, wand, maybe pet food if you are lucky.....or the dreaded red X. Players have been asking for this to be changed through the forum since the game came out......obviously it is not a priority for the developers!

posted in Antique Road Trip: American Dreamin' on Sep 19, 14 5:16 AM
Can't believe that they can't seem to get it together enough to release the update! I've totally stopped playing this game......there is nothing to do and since they reset my log-in level back to day 1, I'm not even interested in logging in. It's really sad because this was such an enjoyable game......but without any updates or events, what is the point? So, Happy Birthday ART.....not much to celebrate!

posted in Midnight Castle on Sep 17, 14 9:26 PM
FudgeChi wrote:
eastendteddy wrote:
[Removed by Moderator]

You are entirely wrong in your conclusion!! I have no idea who this Warlord person is and find their posts to be ridiculously negative. Really don't appreciate being brought into such a nasty conversation. I don't have the time or the inclination to develop a second account simply to post in a forum I no longer enjoy reading. But then this forum seems to be ONLY negative these days......it's really too bad since it used to be a great place to come to for game strategy and information. All you can expect now is that threads will be hijacked, opinions will be criticized, and personal attacks will be made.

posted in Nightfall: An Edgar Allan Poe Mystery on Sep 16, 14 3:22 PM
Ottla and Tzeitel99....
Thanks for your feedback! Wondering how long it will take me to earn the 50K required for the license since I haven't even gotten up to 10K yet!!! I think I might start another game to see if I've learned any strategies from this first one...at least that way I could play a bit more every day.

bfgVaiya....
Thanks for your kind response. I do appreciate your willingness intervene on our behalf with the developers. This really is a great game....would just like to be able to play it a bit more!

posted in Nightfall: An Edgar Allan Poe Mystery on Sep 16, 14 11:39 AM
I really do enjoy playing this game but find that there is never enough energy to play a reasonable amount of time. My energy level is up to 510 and it recharges that amount overnight. However, I usually only get about a half hour of game play from that amount of energy. Of course this wastes many of the amulets available that last for an hour. Couldn't they have designed the game so that you can play at least an hour a day?

Certainly I understand that these FTP games are designed to encourage in-game purchases. But since many players are not in a position to make frequent purchases (myself included), I don't think it is unreasonable to expect game play to allow players to fully utilize the amulets provided in the game.

Since I am at a point in the game where I am trying to earn the exorbitant amount of coins (50K) for the license, it's counterproductive to make food purchases for energy with coins. And I've made most of the purchases of decorative items that increase energy regeneration already.

Wondering if anyone has any suggestions?

posted in Antique Road Trip: American Dreamin' on Sep 14, 14 11:18 AM
Aeryn333 wrote:On my side of the pond call it what you will, saying on second thought '' not meant as personal abuse', is like stabbing someone with a sword and saying well tis quite alright..I did not mean it,..as you twist the sword a wee bit....what you said to me eyes, was unnecessarily hurtful..both of you..without the person here, behind their backs..
It could have gone unsaid and just said bye,sorry we did not agree always, in the past, sorry it did not work out for you an left it at that..

For someone so big on rules as I see it, you and moezaic broke rule no. 1.
Treat others with respect!!!!!.... Those posts I feel did not come across respectful, an twas quite negative.. facts as you see them do not give you the right to stab someone in the back..or is it eye for eye..you believe..Mo náire thú - Shame on you!
It felt full of judgement..eh what its Ok for you to get away with it, that is a double standard..

No matter how negative you perceive someone has been, ne'er throw that perceived behaviour back in their face. To all the mathematicians out there, I do not care which way you look at it, but two negatives do not make a positive.
Ná bris do loigrín ar stól nach bhfuil i do shlí. (Don't break your shin on a stool that's not in your way).

Farewell Aeryn

Really good points!

posted in Midnight Castle on Aug 19, 14 2:20 PM
guppies56 wrote:I unlike some, always respect other posters and differing opinions

Having read many of your posts, I respectfully disagree with your statement. I tend to skip over most of your posts unless they are directed at me.

posted in Antique Road Trip: American Dreamin' on Aug 19, 14 2:12 PM
ELFA.......I inadvertently deleted you from my friend's list.....a total mistake! You are a great friend and I'm hoping you visit the forums. I've tried everything I can think of to reach you through the game without success. Please send me a PM!!

posted in Midnight Castle on Aug 19, 14 8:00 AM
guppies56 wrote:
Then perhaps you're playing the wrong game and should throw in the towel, or take a long break which is something many of us have had to do if you feel the HOS's are becoming too much for you because this game *is* first and foremost a Hidden object game.

Funny, I've been playing this game since it was released so obviously I know it is a hidden object game. But I don't appreciate your suggestion that I should give up the game simply because I expressed my opinion about the ridiculous costs involved in completing quests. IMO, in my games, the costs are bringing the game to a standstill more often than the lack of unique stamps, thus making it a more significant issue.

There seems to be a growing and rather troubling trend in the forums. When someone posts an opinion that differs from others, rather than respect their opinion as different and state that different position, what ensues are negative remarks and personal attacks. The forum used to be a fun place to come to for support and information.....and everyone's opinion was respected. Sad to say that is no longer true.

posted in Midnight Castle on Aug 18, 14 3:22 PM
Although I know it's annoying that the unique stamps are so scarce, I find the excessive costs to be more troubling in terms of prohibiting progress in the game. Yes, coins can be earned if you want to spend days doing nothing but countless rounds of HOS ad nauseum!!

posted in Midnight Castle on Aug 18, 14 11:37 AM
Getting unique stamps has become a lesser issue compared to the excessive costs involved in completing the quests. Certainly the stamps are still rather difficult to obtain but the amount of coins needed has become absolutely ridiculous!!!!

posted in Midnight Castle on Aug 18, 14 11:13 AM
I find it kind of odd that people who post in the forums are being asked to be respectful of this person's disrespectful conduct!!

posted in Midnight Castle on Aug 17, 14 9:37 AM
Kalgoorliegal......
Totally agree with you. With these last two updates, the developers have increased the costs to ridiculous levels. Of course this requires doing countless rounds of HOS in order to earn the coins to satisfy the quests. If you choose to craft items to sell, you find yourself short of stamps needed to craft items for the quests. I don't mind the increase in number of items needed for the quests (although I think 3 is enough but asking for 5 of one item is absurd). But I do object to the excessive costs of opening new areas as well as the high number of coins required to craft some of the newer items......6000 coins for one crafted item!! Come on Elephant Games....get real !! It seems that these are simply attempt to get players to spend money in the game in order to progress. I find it really sad that they have turned what once was a beautiful and fun game into a mind-numbing, repetitive and boring chore!!

posted in Midnight Castle on Aug 17, 14 9:23 AM
sugar19703 wrote:In a recent contest the developers asked people playing Midnight Castle to come up with some ideas on changes in the game and the top three ideas were chosen and they said they would use the ideas. One of the winners suggested an idea for the gift boxes so hopefully it arrives soon.

Good to know! Let's hope they actually do it!

Wondering where this contest was held and what the other top ideas were?

posted in Antique Road Trip: American Dreamin' on Aug 17, 14 9:05 AM
Oddly.....just wanted to let you know that I did send an email including all your links to the forum threads about the daily reward issue. Really annoyed by this issue as well as their response.......not to mention all the coins I am no longer earning since being reset to the beginning!!

As for this being one of the reasons the update has been delayed.....what a joke that is!! They have known about this problem for 2 1/2 months now and it certainly should have been resolved long ago!

bfgGlithui......while I appreciate your response, I have to say that I have totally run out of patience or understanding with BFG or Boomzap. This latest experience with customer service removed the last bit of patience I had!!

posted in Midnight Castle on Aug 16, 14 11:13 AM
This is an issue that many players have been asking the developers to change since the game came out. Getting the least valuable item available is really a slap in the face especially when spending up to 6000 coins to craft some items!!

posted in Antique Road Trip: American Dreamin' on Aug 16, 14 11:04 AM
Oddly.....

Thanks so much for looking up and listing those threads. I'll include them in my next response to the CS Supervisor. I was absolutely amazed that she was trying to say that it did not happen the way I had described!! And I doubt I'll ever get an apology from them.......BFG customer service seems to believe that they are always right.... gone is the policy of the customer is always right!!

Go to:   

KEY:    Unread    Read    Sticky    Locked    Announcement    Moved    Moderator