Posts created by RGC123

posted in Found: A Hidden Object Adventure - Free to Play on Dec 25, 15 1:28 PM
bfgMurrumbidgee wrote:Hi there,

Thanks for the posts letting us know that the Holiday events aren't running as smoothly as expected.

While the date is off, the Snow Fairy event should start tomorrow.

We'll let the team know that the Santa House is causing issues for some players and they'll take a closer look at this for us.

Should the moderation team have any updates we'll be sure to post in this thread.

bfgMurrumbidgee

Doesn't work still today....am not going to re-install as I don't want to lose progress and just spent some whopping $ for more coins and diamonds. May use up what I have now and can the game in it's entirety..

posted in Found: A Hidden Object Adventure - Free to Play on Mar 28, 15 6:31 PM
moosetracker wrote:I have computer issues, I am going to first try to restore from a backup but it is a little over 6 months old, the game was installed, but not at the level it is now.. Do I need to save anything? Or know anything special not to loose 6 to 7 months of progress?

Thanks

Yes... there is a specific process to save your assets so you lose no current progress. Somewhere in the thread is the instructions on how to save but someone may be able to help you.

posted in Midnight Castle on Jan 12, 15 4:51 PM
wigwag53 wrote:I was playing for aver one hour before we got kicked out of game. After a few tries I was finally able to get back in but lost everything I gained in that hour. I just want to say I am REALLY ANGRY about that & it's not fair! We all put up with a lot of glitches & never get anything in return-it's just not right. I have been playing every day for a year & have spent a lot of money. I think it's only fair that we are compensated somehow. Thanks!

Same thing happened to me when the "tourney" started.....had progressed in my game and bought some coins and lost the purchase and all progress made in the game to that point when the lost internet connection showed up on the game and got kicked out. When I returned to the game I had not only lost my coin purchase but all my progress.....I AM PLENTY TICKED OFF! Why did this "tourney" junk disrupt those of us who prefer to play the game only.....are we going to get our monies back that we lost?

posted in Found: A Hidden Object Adventure - Free to Play on Dec 15, 14 2:45 PM
When does Santas house show up? Won't be able to play the week of Christmas (leaving the computer) but want to stock up on presents before I return.

posted in Midnight Castle on May 30, 14 6:43 PM
Allie5448 wrote:
RGC123 wrote:
Allie5448 wrote:Vagrant77...I read on this thread that the MC files are kept on BFG servers sand not your PC. So, if you uninstall and re-install, you will not lose anything I did just that and it dis help a few problems but not all. I still lose flower coins and the games freezes as with the rest of the players on certain things such as the Social page I think that is the worst. I lose gift cards !

Hope this helps.

Edited for: I lost all the crafing I did for the Uncle quests. I had only 1 more to craft and that's when I got the pinball noise, freeze, and crash. So I am back to 30 plus in 50. I don't dare craft to get close to 50 again for fear I will explode, just like my PC

I replaced a hard drive and lost all progress on both Found (at level 110) and MC. I restarted the game and now have to replace the second hard drive (RAID 0 and 1 configuration) so am I going to lose all the diamonds and progress for thiese new starts as well?

Whatever you have to do on your PC will not affect game as all of the files for MC are kept on BFG servers. So, it seems to me replacing a hard drive will not affect the game at all. Just re-install and everything should be as it was

I don't understand how you lost everything before. Maybe someone else more PC savvy can help you.

It is true that the games that you pay for are on the BFG server, however your progress as well as purchased items in the online game bank go straight to your computer and are not stored on BFGs site. This means that you must start over when you change your computer or replace your computers drives. In the case of Found or MC you throw out a lot of dollars spent when you have to start over. If someone has any info on how to save to a usb drive without losing info let me know as I've already tried this and I lost all saved info.

posted in Midnight Castle on May 30, 14 9:21 AM
Allie5448 wrote:Vagrant77...I read on this thread that the MC files are kept on BFG servers sand not your PC. So, if you uninstall and re-install, you will not lose anything I did just that and it dis help a few problems but not all. I still lose flower coins and the games freezes as with the rest of the players on certain things such as the Social page I think that is the worst. I lose gift cards !

Hope this helps.

Edited for: I lost all the crafing I did for the Uncle quests. I had only 1 more to craft and that's when I got the pinball noise, freeze, and crash. So I am back to 30 plus in 50. I don't dare craft to get close to 50 again for fear I will explode, just like my PC

I replaced a hard drive and lost all progress on both Found (at level 110) and MC. I restarted the game and now have to replace the second hard drive (RAID 0 and 1 configuration) so am I going to lose all the diamonds and progress for thiese new starts as well?

posted in Tales of Terror: House on the Hill Collector's Edition on May 17, 14 7:26 AM
Again (as usual) we get a game from overseas developers using "engines" that seem to be incompatible with our gaming machines. CrysisEngine3 (according to the developers site) is their new experimental engine which boots fine, gives you a great intro movie then goes black screen when game play starts. Same problem with Haunted Train.......

posted in Haunted Train: Spirits of Charon Collector's Edition on Jan 26, 14 7:21 AM
UPDATE: I downloaded the OGG player from VLC........and it didn't correct the problem. The bottle in the train car still comes up a black screen when clicked on. Apparently seamless is not happening. Was told that it was possible that certain parts of the game were done by different developers and thus the wonky transition between parts of the game where one part written doesn't recognize the next part so you loose previous game play. I can only conclude that BFG is not compatible with the big gaming machines (such as Alienware and FalconNW) whether they are desktop or laptop. Won't be buying until a seamless game play in the demo is achieved.

posted in Haunted Train: Spirits of Charon Collector's Edition on Jan 17, 14 12:01 PM
I too am having difficulty only it is the video/audio at the beginning and throughout the game. On the train when I click on the champagne bottle the screen goes black and there is no audio as well. Apparently after the video plays the game resumes. After much searching I have found that the game uses a OGG file for it's vid/aud which is not compatible with Windows media player.

posted in Found: A Hidden Object Adventure - Free to Play on Dec 10, 13 12:04 PM
I have also lost all forward progress in the Christmas collection and have lost all the icy horseshoes and ice lightening I had just collected. The elf is back to 0 and did notice that I had lost everything I had collected from the Halloween time frame in the achievements. What good does it do to try to attain achievements when what you have accrued is wiped out with 1 update. Will we get the lost progress and achievements back? I doubt it. If this is a gimmick to have more money spent then it is a waste of the developers time......I won't bite!

posted in Found: A Hidden Object Adventure - Free to Play on Oct 16, 13 1:17 PM
May I suggest that BFG reimburse all players of this game with a coin & diamond gimme.....such as 100 diamonds and 100,000 coins as compensation for the frustration and loss suffered by the players. Believe it would be simple for them to do and a show of goodwill to it's members.

posted in Found: A Hidden Object Adventure - Free to Play on Oct 16, 13 7:14 AM
I too just started the game after reaching the 97 level and having completed getting the mechanical heart. I had opened the islands and made a lot of progress in them. Unlike most players, I have never been able to buy from the bank diamonds or coins so all my progress has been done by just playing the game. To have lost all my progress since Saturday is disheartening. This game has become a colossal fail. I am beyond angry and may decide to get rid of BF all together.
PS.....went from 97 down to 91!!!!!

posted in Found: A Hidden Object Adventure - Free to Play on Apr 15, 13 8:58 AM
Still no fix on the in game bank purchases. Spent last week with tech support getting credited for my purchases because once the purchase was made, the game said purchase failed. It seems that this should have been addressed for those of us running Win 7 with ESET security. Tried again this morning and both the gold and diamonds were paid for in my BFG acct but the game again said purchased failed....frustrating to say the least. I've had to stop the game now every time I run out of time to build more up and have no access to diamonds. At this rate it will take me at least 3 days to be flush enough to enjoy the game.....disappointing and want this fixed.

Go to:   

KEY:    Unread    Read    Sticky    Locked    Announcement    Moved    Moderator