Posts created by StarThrower

posted in Grim Facade: The Artist and the Pretender on Oct 18, 14 12:32 PM
Will a CE version for Mac ever be available?

Will a CE version for Mac ever be available?

posted in Witches' Legacy: The Ties that Bind on Sep 15, 14 7:12 AM
Not working well for me on Mac OS 6.8 (sys. req. DO state that it's compatible).

I get the spinning beach ball for a while before game finally loads.
None of the buttons (Options, Play, Exit, etc) seem to work for me, so I can't get past the home screen (after the animation opening). Have to force quit.

Any other Mac peeps out there with these issues? I thought it strange that this even became available for Mac as I believe the CE version is only PC compatible???

posted in Haunted Halls: Nightmare Dwellers Collector's Edition on Jan 21, 14 1:36 PM
When I hit the play button in extras, it just returns to the options screen? So I too, am looking for the bonus chapter.

posted in Haunted Halls: Nightmare Dwellers Collector's Edition on Jan 21, 14 1:35 PM
I was wondering this too. When I hit the play button in extras, it just returns to the options screen? Any other suggestions on how to access the bonus chapter?

posted in Aquascapes on Dec 2, 13 10:10 AM
On an iMac (OS 10.6.8):
Unusually slow download, then an error code 900 and game won't launch. And yes, I uninstalled, reinstalled, rebooted GM and still the error code. I have also deleted and reinstalled GM and repaired Mac permissions.

I agree! While I avoided the strategy guide as much as possible, there was a time or two where I needed a hint, and completely agree that the screenshots were much too small and out of focus.

posted in Nevertales: The Beauty Within Collector's Edition on Nov 5, 13 4:15 PM
Thanks Tookat! I finally figured it out after reading about 2,349 posts
I must say, you sure get your money's worth with this game!

Thanks again.

posted in Nevertales: The Beauty Within Collector's Edition on Nov 5, 13 2:56 PM
Can anyone tell me what the purpose of the 3 books behind (unbreakable?) glass was? It was early in the game... in the lobby with the big staircase I believe. I could never find a way to break the glass or any other activity for those books?

posted in Fairway Solitaire on Sep 25, 13 4:50 PM
goop2000 wrote:The cups on the course packs are just like the daily challenges. Start on the FIRST course of a pack and win the challenge it has to unlock the NEXT hole challenge of that particular pack. Tap the challenge counter to see what the challenge is for the hole or check your scorecard. Remember, start on the FIRST hole and win that challenge...you will not see the challenges on the other holes until you unlock the padlock on the hole. Also, to even get challenge cups to appear on the hole, you have to have 3 starred the entire pack.

Note on pack 2 there is an issue with a course (this is on iPad BTW)... do not worry about it.. you can still play all the other packs.

Oh! Now I get it! I wasn't realizing that you had to replay the first course of a pack to get the challenge to activate. I did try replaying other courses to see if they would affect the lock, but never tried replaying the first one. Duh! Thank you very much Goop!

posted in Fairway Solitaire on Sep 25, 13 7:44 AM
whiskeymojo wrote:When you complete the daily challenges you can unlock the game and complete another challenge for a trophy. Right now we are stuck at the dunes challenge, it does not work

Thanks for the reply Whiskey, but I'm still confused. The locks appear on the regular course pack menu pages (not on the daily challenges), with each course in that pack showing a little lock and a large grayed out number of 1-4. The first course on each pack page does not have a lock (but does have a number 1). I have completed all of the available courses (except for several) of the expensive GB courses, and all with 3 stars.

I have also completed most of the daily challenges with 3 stars and trophy and do not see any correlation (or additional challenge) of the daily course wins to the regular courses?

Gosh, I feel really stupid with suddenly not understanding these little locks and numbers!

posted in Fairway Solitaire on Sep 24, 13 4:57 PM
Can anyone tell me why the recent update has placed little lock icons on courses that I've already previously completed with 3 stars? The courses are still playable, but I don't understand those locks?

posted in Mystery Case Files®: Shadow Lake Collector's Edition on Nov 20, 12 1:02 PM
Well, in fairness I only completed the demo, but find I agree with many of the reviews so far.

I do not like live actors at all.
I don't like the inventory panel mechanism.
Puzzles and tasks were way too easy (for me).
I don't care for the frequent trips to the story teller and then to be told "do this, do that".

I did not have the lagging between scenes as some reviewers mentioned, but then I am on a Mac

I do like the different treatment of the HOS. I did like the floating boxes, but one is enough.

I found it interesting that so many reviewers mentioned Madam Fate and Dire Grove as being favorites...same here.

Overall, my dissatisfaction comes more from there not really being anything new, and game play as being too easy (or not challenging enough) for me. In the hour demo, I have been to 3 map locations, so I am guessing this game is going to be quite short compared to other MCFs.

If what a few reviewers said is true about the bonus chapter being quick and easy, I'll hold off for the SE (I have no interest in the other extras, so a CE to me should be worth much more game play considering it is double the cost).

posted in Hidden Wonders of the Depths 2 on Apr 23, 12 5:46 PM
I've read through all the HWotD2 but haven't found solutions to my iPad version...

First, where in the world can I find explanations for the little power buttons at the bottom of the screen? I've figured out a few by trial and error, but is there a help file somewhere that describes what each button does?

Second, there are many posts regarding ending the game and how it's buggy. Sure enough, I'm at the end where it says to build the ship to finish the game. I hit the upgrade ship button but nothing happens (it just seems to subtract money)???? Some posters say to go back to menu, hit play, but do NOT hit continue (which should post your score and end game), but when I hit play, there is no continue button...it just goes directly to the build your ship screen.

Finally, some people have mentioned acquiring a ship's wheel??? Where is that? Could that be what I need to finish the ship?

Grrrrrr..... For such an easy match 3, this is sure frustrating. Thanks in advance for any advice you can offer. Again, this is the iPad version, which could be slightly different?

shorenuf wrote:
Rainbow722 wrote:And now EFR shows up in the sale for PCs......

This might be a good day to follow my lead in the Regarding the Mac Version of EFR thread on the game forum here:

http://forums.bigfishgames.com/posts/list/140/187894.page#4194583

ETA: (3.5 hours later) Seriously -- are you all going to leave me there to hang out to dry all alone?

Thanks for leading the charge shorenuf. I added my 2 cents on the other thread, though sadly I don't believe our frustrated words will amount to a "hill o' beans". Despite our disappointments, the game delay is not likely to affect BFG's bottom line. While there may be a handful of Mac peeps (including myself) that jump the game club ship due to this issue, most of us that want the game will probably still purchase it - no matter when it's released. BFG knows this and it probably accounts for their lack of concern for Mac players. For a company that I've always felt had reasonably good customer service, this issue is a huge disappointment.

I, too, find the extensive EFR delay pretty lame (an understatement). It was an MCF game (Prime Suspects?) that encouraged me to join BFG. And I suspect the MCF games are probably top sellers for BFG. But the ridiculous delay for such a highly anticipated game, lack of updates and rubbing our noses in the fact that it's now on sale for PCs, is just too much.

Frogmort wrote:
125 days

Ack! By the time we get EFR, an entirely new MCF game will be out for PCers

dinsb wrote:A reward for our patience, as defined by Ambrose Bierce in his Devil's Dictionary as "A minor form of despair, disguised as a virtue."

Ahhh...Ambrose Bierce's An Occurrence at Owl Creek Bridge...Excellent short story. If you haven't read it (or seen the short film), do so!

So sorry ! I always get off-topic!

posted in The Jolly Gang's Misadventures in Africa on Feb 13, 12 1:39 PM
No voiceovers for me either.

Frogmort wrote:

ETA It was a real joy to discover a site where so many women of different ages played games, even in their 80s!!!

These comments make me wonder what the BFG game buying ratio is of men to women, as well as the median age group? I suspect a great majority are women as the games aren't of the shoot-em-up, car racing, super hero, blood n guts variety? Sorry for being off topic, the comments just made me curious

Go to:   

KEY:    Unread    Read    Sticky    Locked    Announcement    Moved    Moderator