Posts created by Penhip

posted in Shiver: The Lily's Requiem Collector's Edition on Feb 7, 15 4:48 PM
SECOND POST:

I've been playing games from the Big Fish site for a very log time and have had technical problems with 2 games; one of them being Shiver Moonlight Grove and now Lily's Requiem. I play on my MACBOOK PRO currently using OS X YOSEMITE 10.10.2

I have downloaded Shiver: LR 3 times and have had a colored lines appear on the top half of the screen every time. The controls don't respond when I've tried to exit the game by pressing menu so I've had to turn off the computer manually. I was able to download the game without a hitch (all 3 times) and have not received error messages during or after the rainbow screen.

I am a huge Shiver fan and I'm bummed I haven't been able to play LR.

I've read the postings and other uses have had the "colored lines" appear on their screen. One user was simply relieved that their computer was fine once they were able to get out of the game and is not going to attempt to play again.

Now that's a course of action neither BF or Artegon wants but there really aren't many other recourses available at this juncture, are they?

So... Is Artegon aware of their games recurring impact on MAC USERS?

Is BF looking into this problem (with Artegon) at all?

if so, what is the recommendation?

And please don't post the regular technical troubleshooting freeze screen instructions. THEY DON'T WORK!!!! None of BF's troubleshooting ideas work here...

DO we have to go in manually and adjust the pixels on "Display" in System Preferences?

Surely, Artegon does not want to make playing their game so ridiculously cumbersome especially when other games run perfectly fine on the default settings

ANY IDEAS, SUGGESTIONS or PLANS WELCOME... THANKS MUCH!

posted in Shiver: The Lily's Requiem Collector's Edition on Feb 6, 15 11:51 PM
I've been playing games from the Big Fish site for a very log time and have had technical problems with 2 games; one of them being Shiver Moonlight Grove and now Lily's Requiem. I play on my MACBOOK PRO currently using OS X YOSEMITE 10.10.1

I have downloaded Shiver: LR 3 times and have had a colored lines appear on the top half of the screen. The controls don't respond when I've tried to exit the game by pressing menu so I've had to turn off the computer manually. I was able to download the game without a hitch (all 3 times) and have not received error messages during or after the rainbow screen.

I am a huge Shiver fan and I'm bummed I haven't been able to play LR.

Has anyone else had this problem?

posted in Lost Legends: The Weeping Woman Collector's Edition on Jul 27, 14 12:26 AM
There are SIX combinations!?!? to enter for garage lock. I'm usually pretty good at these kinds of puzzles, but the "clue" provided just doesn't cut it. Am I missing something or is this puzzle a developers joke on gamers? I hate skipping, (goodbye achievements) but this is exactly what I'm going to do.

posted in Forbidden Secrets: Alien Town Collector's Edition on Jul 18, 14 6:11 PM
I've rebooted, downloaded the game several times and it freezes every time. I play A LOT of games on my MAC BOOK PRO and have not had this problem before so I know it's not my devise. Also, Forbidden Secrets has been rated one of the best games of the year... I'd really like to play it. Is anyone else having this problem playing this game on their MAC?

Voice over audio completely stopped working about 3/4 into the game. Music was fine. But since much of the rookie's instructions are given verbally by her handler it Really detracted from my enjoyment if the game. Tried re-booting my MAC Brook Pro several times and no go. When I went back into the game the voice over in the intro scene was also gone. Clearly a technical issue or bug which can only be fixed by game developers. I did a search in-line and discovered that many users playing game were having same audio problems. Surprised as Epix team is usually flawless. And frankly it would be a shame if this were to effect the game's rating because it's excellent! Please get these bugs fixed!!

posted in Shiver: Moonlit Grove Collector's Edition on Jun 8, 13 10:33 PM
snookataylor wrote:Another game which seems unplayable. Glad it didnt happen after I bought it. After about half an hour 3\4 of the screen goes into various colours of parallel bars. Only way to get rid was to power off, which I dont like doing. I have a new Macbook Air, other games are all ok.

Looks like a good game - any chance it can be fixed?

I had the same problem. Ran through all the troubleshooting suggestions and it was a no go.

It's my favorite series.

Are you guys looking into this a potential technical problem with the game on MAC? or Do should I contact your tech support team?

Go to:   

KEY:    Unread    Read    Sticky    Locked    Announcement    Moved    Moderator