Posts created by AlgebraTeacher

posted in Roads of Rome: New Generation on Jun 14, 16 11:15 AM
Episode 4 level 4 or Level 34: 4th secret should read - gray mound on the left of big rock next to small lava flow after 2nd bridge on road to exit.

Thanks to all who helped.

posted in Monument Builders: Colosseum on Nov 23, 13 1:13 AM
Spoilet Alert for Level 50:

I tried what the others suggested and always finished just a little bit over time. So I thought about one of the other levels where it was suggested to ignore a whole section. So that it what I did with this one. I ignored the lion, iron and grove on the left and the hardhat on the right bottom corner. This saved time.

I ordered 60 iron (there was 20 on the left) and I did not upgrade the Prefecture to level 3.

I did build a Quarry and then destroy it and build a Money Factory after getting the stone needed to upgrade the Prefecture and give to the Temple.

I also destroyed the Farm as soon as I had enough food for the Lion in front of the exit and the Temple (if not already done).

I did not improve the road just northeast of the Temple and I did destroy road on the right (just above the hard hat under the 2nd grove) and just to the left of him until after I destroyed my farm which was built there and then I destroyed the road in front of the farm (the horse/donkey(?) with the statue does not go that way). This gave me the rest of the gold needed for the gladiator without having to upgrade the money factory or build a 3rd one.

Hope this help those who are like me and are not as fast as others on clicking, then again it may be my old computer.

posted in Farm Up on Nov 13, 13 9:19 PM
The Snack Bar does take up a lot of space, so I put mine way down between the Riverside Station and the School just north of the road. They are in a triangle, sort of, and out of the way so that my fields are wide open.

BTW: I put my animal pens on the right just under the barn and Jennifer's house so that Grandma does not have to walk so far. Oh, I am on level 48.

I use my Snack Bar all the time because I can't afford to spend real money on this game (only for quests that required it). So I use the first option (Farmer's Breakfast) because it is the best buy. There is another post about this. Overnight or if I will be away for awhile, I get the 7 hour New England Classic that gives 80 energy, that way I can harvest everything I had growing while I was gone when I come back.

It depends on how you play and if you care about using your gold for energy instead of the things you must use gold for or if you are spending money on the game to buy gold. There is another post about this as well.

Happy Farming and Wishing you Bountiful Crops,

posted in Farm Up on Nov 13, 13 8:57 PM
Hi ann39f,
You are not being stupid. I felt that way when I first started, as well. There are no instructions except in the bubbles over Jennifer's or the others' heads.

Also, read the posts in this forum. Just look for what you are working on. Many of us have been playing for awhile and have learned by doing and helping each other. It is not a fast-paced game, such is the nature of a farm.

I suggest following the quests at first and only doing what you need, because you will run out of energy otherwise. Find the posts about: energy, butterflies, gold, building, watering, weeding, animal pens, school, snack bar, and man at bottom selling resources (beware, prices high).

Be careful of placing anything too close to the bushes and trees along the borders because they are sometimes hard to get back or move. Also putting things behind buildings sometimes makes it hard (or impossible) to move them later, especially the barn.

Well, I hope you feel better about it, but please rotate your game play with another game because there is a lot of waiting on this one. So watch the growing or producing times and the wilting time to know when you need to be back to harvest. Also, for me the game timing and real time are not exactly the same. You may want to check yours.

Happy Farming and wishing you bountiful crops,

posted in Farm Up on Nov 13, 13 12:40 PM
I didn't know about the FB page and a free code.

I guess I will do what I did on July 4th (used the plants to make a flag, not easy) and use the plants + to make a Christmas tree. If developers won 't do anything new, then I will just do it myself.

I am not at level 55 yet, level 48. Quests come sporadically and since I grow almost everything (silver only) all the time, I usually have what is required except for the pastry/bakery items. So, I am constantly growing wheat and making flour (with 6 bakeries now). I saw that on another post when I first started the game and did not understand until it happened to me. Gets a little boring.

So I make up my own quests for myself, ie. 10 of each product from Dairies, Looms and Canneries (I have 2 of each), 20 of each vegetable and fruit. I rotate what trees and bushes are planted to keep a supply of each fruit or nut. Of course I have much more of some of them because of their yield and 5/crop.

And another thing, I really don't understand why they do not include Honey in any recipes. How do you make a pie or cake without sweetener? And preserves and jams use sweetener, of course usually sugar, but honey can be used, as well. They also include Milk, but not on Farm Up. They could make all sorts of desserts with the fruit, nuts and berries that we grow on the farm. They could also make baked dishes with meat and vegetables. Of course we do not have a way to get the meat, but since this is not reality, we could just pretend. We could even have a quest for a Thanksgiving meal and a Christmas feast if we had more recipes. We can dream......

posted in Monument Builders: Colosseum on Nov 9, 13 11:22 PM
Order Iron

posted in Farm Up on Nov 9, 13 2:18 PM
Hey Farm Up developers,

How about some new stuff to allow us to decorate and do quests for the upcoming holidays and seasons: Thanksgiving, Christmas, New Year's, Autumn, Winter and other holidays of other cultures.

Farms are not always green and growing the same vegetables. Wilmington, NC does not usually have a killing frost until around Nov. 21st and they can be covered with burlap to protect them from the frost. There are fall greens: Spinach, Lettuce, Kale, Collards, Mustard, Asparagus, and Cauliflower. See this link for a list of plants http://www.ces.ncsu.edu/hil/hil-8001.html

The colors of the permanent hardwood trees should have changed to orange, red, yellow and brown leaves and then the leaves fall off and need to be raked up. Also the grass is not so green in the winter, more like the color of straw unless it is fertilized and watered or "artificial".

Also, some farms in North Carolina grow trees just for Christmas tree sales. Of course they would have had to have been growing for at least 5 years to be mature enough to be a true Christmas tree, but this is not reality, so we can shorten that. Also, we decorate with holly, ivy and mistletoe.

New Year's just needs a party, countdown/ball drop and fireworks.

Winter needs a few snow storms but with global warming we here in NC do not get as many as we used to unless you live in the Appalachian Mountains. We can pretend in the game that global warming does not exist because this farm is virtually in the 1930's so they did not know about it then. (I guess).

One more thing not related: Why can Grandpa not fish in the pond when he is the one that wanted the pond?

Thanks in advance. I play this game almost everyday and for several hours, so I appreciate your work and future enhancements.

posted in Farm Up on Jul 11, 13 6:34 PM
FYI: Bilberries are European Blueberries. I googled it.
And Blueberry jam is made with Blueberries. I tried it.

posted in Farm Up on Jul 11, 13 11:38 AM
keepsakes: I had the same concern, so I eventually built another pastry. One to make flour and one to bake or at least bake as soon as I have the flour. Then after getting enough money and moving things around on my farm, I built another pastry. Now I have at least 2 pastries making flour and one baking. It is still slow, but it is better than with one.
---------
Happy Farming!

posted in Cake Mania: To the Max on May 22, 13 12:42 AM
I found it! It is called Cake Triage, somebody referred to it in another post and I had no idea what they were referring to. It is on the Shop page in the bottom right hand corner. It is the red and white swirling picture with stars in the background, $50, one time use. When you have it in the game it pops up and calls it the Cake Maker.

I guess I did not play CM: Lights, Camera, Action or I don't remember this Cake Maker. Anyhow, I am glad I found it. I guess I am playing this game after everyone else that posts to this forum has already played and finished it. I just found it after my computer was repaired and now I have some time since school is ending.

posted in Cake Mania: To the Max on May 21, 13 7:39 PM
I finally found a reference to Cake Maker Power Up for Cake Mania: Lights, Camera, Action! That's funny that they use it as a Hint for Cake Mania: To the Max.

posted in Cake Mania: To the Max on May 21, 13 5:46 PM
I suppose I was talking about the Rush Bonus. So what is the Cake Maker power-up?

posted in Cake Mania: To the Max on May 21, 13 4:14 PM
I think I figured out what Jill's hint was referring to. I believe it is when you have all 4 oven slots and bake 4 cakes in rapid succession and then the next cakes bake instantly. It is like a Rush Bonus from picking up money in a chain or taking cakes to the froster in a chain.

posted in Cake Mania: To the Max on May 21, 13 2:13 PM
Okay, the quit and come back must only happen at certain levels or just when it wants to because it did not happen just now after day 5. (I am replaying to get all trophies and superstar levels)

posted in Cake Mania: To the Max on May 21, 13 2:11 PM
AlgebraTeacher wrote:One day at the beginning, day 3, 4 or 5, Jill said something about "Don't forget the Cake Maker. It can help with a single layer cake order." What is the "Cake Maker"?
Oh, I am playing for second time to get all trophies and all superstar levels.
Thanks.

Okay it was after getting superstar on day 5 and it was a "Hint: Don't forget about the Caker Maker! This inexpensive power-up is useful for quickly whipping up a single order."

posted in Cake Mania: To the Max on May 21, 13 1:09 PM
I did this and thank you. But then I discovered if you quit the game after doing this and come back in the money is multiplied tremendously.

posted in Cake Mania: To the Max on May 21, 13 1:06 PM
One day at the beginning, day 3, 4 or 5, Jill said something about "Don't forget the Cake Maker. It can help with a single layer cake order." What is the "Cake Maker"?
Oh, I am playing for second time to get all trophies and all superstar levels.
Thanks.

Go to:   

KEY:    Unread    Read    Sticky    Locked    Announcement    Moved    Moderator