Posts created by andifem

posted in Antique Road Trip: American Dreamin' on Aug 4, 14 7:48 AM
zackjan wrote:I am really sick and tired to the greedy players that bid up all the auctions. No matter how I bid it seems the same people always beat me out ! YES, I also vote to get rid of the auction quests!!

I am also sick and tired of the greedy people who put items up for enormous amounts. If I have tons of an item, I will list it at a very low price so that others can buy it . I cannot buy my own stuff so I end up paying big money for items I have. Today, I put an item in the auction 10 times and used a reasonably low buy out price. Someone just bought out all 10 and then relisted them at a higher price. I went back and am now using a huge buyout price but a reasonable bid price.

posted in Antique Road Trip: American Dreamin' on Jul 3, 14 4:34 PM
Today, I was supposed to bid for Rajah's Will. Although I had several which I put in the auction at reasonable prices so others could buy, there were absolutely none available for me to bid on. How can one complete a daily quest if the desired object is not to be found?

posted in Midnight Castle on May 14, 14 3:20 PM
i AM ON LEVEL 24 AND SAW THE UPDATE WAS HERE. i WAS SO EXCITED BECAUSE NOW i THOUGHT i COULD FINISH THE QUEST BUT NO...SALTY STILL SAYS I HAVE TO WAIT FOR THE UPDATE TO COMPLETE THE LAST PIECE...AND YES I KNOW I AM SHOUTING!!! I AM TRULY UPSET...

posted in Midnight Castle on May 9, 14 2:35 PM
Yesterday, I managed to earn two gold chests but they don't show up in the achievements list. I spent quite a lot to get those completed so what gives?

posted in Midnight Castle on May 4, 14 3:00 PM
I cannot begin to tell you how peeved I am about this. I am on level 24 and have arrived at the very last piece of the heart. I bring the last item the dragon wants and he tells me that the sands of time told him that the innkeeper is waiting for me so...I get sent to the inn where Salty is surrounded by the usual glowing lights. When I click on him, the following message is given: "Salty will only be able to talk to you after the update. Hope and wait." I have spent money I could not afford to spend to finish this segment and I am so steamed at this.

posted in Antique Road Trip: American Dreamin' on Apr 8, 14 10:30 PM
Thanks for the acknowledgement,
Gazmin!

posted in Antique Road Trip: American Dreamin' on Apr 8, 14 10:51 AM
Hi all,
I'm one of those one could call a cosmopolitan. Born in India to British parents, then lived in Surrey, emigrated to Canada, lived in Germany twice (Hannover and Soest), eventually ended up in Carver, Massachusetts. Married and lived in Plymouth and Wareham, Mass. After Husband's death, moved to Florida. Now living in Edgewater, FL but am about to move to Jacksonville to be nearer my daughter. I'm hoping that will be my final stopping point. BTW I play as Lilybet.

posted in Antique Road Trip: American Dreamin' on Feb 24, 14 10:54 AM
I am truly saddened by the amount of gold required for this quest. In Awakening Kingdoms, Boomzap's other game I play, they allow you to use the resources you already have to complete an objective. I had lots of all the foodstuffs they made me buy already and I would not have needed to spend much , if any, gold. What made it worse was the reward for completing this was rather dismal.

posted in Antique Road Trip: American Dreamin' on Jan 24, 14 2:13 AM
I'm afraid you'll have to wait for an upgrade with new quests. The quests are how you unlock the hidden scenes.

posted in Antique Road Trip: American Dreamin' on Dec 28, 13 9:22 PM
Well, I have completed all four collections but there is no acknowledgement for it. The meter still reads zero of four completed. I am not a happy camper.

posted in Antique Road Trip: American Dreamin' on Dec 20, 13 7:23 AM
They could replace him with the Uncle Scrooge in the game. He looks like Hugh Grant, lol.

posted in Antique Road Trip: American Dreamin' on Dec 18, 13 12:49 PM
I, too, am disappointed with the Christmas collections. At first I was delighted to find the Christmas items in each of the cities until I realized that they were the same items over and over. Why would I bother with the higher priced cities just to get items I can pick up at the mine? Anyone need some Santa panties? I have 6 so far! BTW, you can't buy the missing items - no price is given.

posted in Antique Road Trip: American Dreamin' on Dec 12, 13 1:36 PM
In the bank scene, the dog is either a wooden cutout on the wall above the safe, a statue, or a bulldog puppy sitting on the top shelf to the left. Also, extension cord should not have an "H' in it. I agree on the mistletoe although there is some there mixed with the poinsettias.

posted in Antique Road Trip: American Dreamin' on Dec 11, 13 11:55 PM
That village is most unusual. Not only is there a taser but the cellphone is very vintage. I haven't seen one like that since the very first one I owned! I am enjoying being able to access all the miniscenes we opened but could not use. It adds a whole new dimension to the game.

posted in Antique Road Trip: American Dreamin' on Nov 10, 13 8:38 AM
I was so excited to see the update but it still has problems especially in the picky shopper mode where it freezes as the item gets to the bottom of the page. Also, I have tried many times to return the knife at the mine but I just get sparkles around the tent and no way to open it. Taking the poker chips to the bar has also been a problem and although I got the old quarter, I cannot get the gumball despite many attempts.

posted in Antique Road Trip: American Dreamin' on Oct 17, 13 2:37 PM
Thanks for responding but sadly, it did not really answer the questions. When someone uses my buyout price, I am not getting that money as far as I can see. I make my buyout prices higher than the cost to buy the item with gold in hopes that the buyer will realize that it would be cheaper to just buy.

posted in Antique Road Trip: American Dreamin' on Oct 16, 13 4:23 PM
I am amassing many coins from auctioning (I'm at level 40) but am still a little confused. What exactly is the buyout price and who gets the money from that? Also, what, if anything, should I be putting in the auction fee section? I have not put anything there yet but I feel I am missing something here. I really would like to see a clearer representation of how auctioning works from both sides of it. Thanks for any clarification.

posted in Antique Road Trip: American Dreamin' on Oct 16, 13 3:35 PM
Hi, I'm at level 40 and have not gotten any quests for some time now. I want to be able to unlock the smaller portions of the cities and I know what and where the items are to do it BUT you need to have a quest to retrieve them. I am getting frustrated. Also, have you noticed some glitches like items are asked for but when you click the right one, it isn't? For instance, in one a scarf is requested but you have to click on the mushrooms to be correct. It's kind of funny but frustrating. In the attic, the second to last city, in the picture mode, there are at least two completely blank pictures. One turns out to be the dollhouse and I cannot remember what the other is.

I really like the game but I want to get back to the quests...

Go to:   

KEY:    Unread    Read    Sticky    Locked    Announcement    Moved    Moderator