Posts created by kloanne

posted in Darkness and Flame: The Dark Side on Apr 29, 18 2:07 PM
Well this is a terrible disappointment! I can't count the times I came to a forum and found the answer to a problem I couldn't solve on my own (and didn't find what I needed in the SG). I also read the reviews and tech issues when deciding whether to purchase a new game. So to all of you fishies who provided a review or a much-needed tip that helped me move forward in a game, many thanks. The games have been of uneven quality in recent years, but I've still found a lot of enjoyment here, with all of your help (even when you didn't know it). Feels like the end of an era. Cheers and farewell to all!

posted in Dark City: London Collector's Edition on Dec 8, 17 4:23 PM
So far I'm enjoying it! Yes, some of it is pretty easy and linear, but I like the story line and the graphics, and enjoy the HOPs. The mini-games are generally easy, but some of them are different from the usual. Glad I bought it!

posted in Vacation Adventures: Cruise Director 4 on Dec 6, 17 4:30 PM
Thank you cal711! Not sure I would have ever spotted the cup!

I decided to try to enjoy this game on its own merits. I've long ago concluded that the "Golden Age" of of MCF is past and will not return. So on its own merits, I enjoyed the game as a different story line and a few new ideas from what Eipix usually produces. The multi-level puzzles were too easy, but I enjoyed finding the morphs, cards, and letter fragments, and kicking the leaves (although to what end I'm not sure!). I'll play it again but not over and over as I did the best of the MCF games (that I still revisit about annually, as I do the early Mystery Trackers games). I'm not sure why Big Fish let go of their own developers team. They were kind of the Beatles of their industry. They produced the best games that are still timely and enjoyable, and left an indelible stamp on computer games even though they disbanded way too soon for their loyal fans. Many may try to imitate their success and may produce some fine games but will never capture the imagination of the loyal fans of Big Fish (I thought Fate's Carnival came the closest and often wondered if Elephant Games had the good fortune to pick up one of the original MCF devs for that one). So on its own merits I liked the game. About time for my winter delve into Dire Grove (and maybe listen to a couple of favorite Beatles' albums for good measure). Happy gaming!

posted in Mystery Case Files: Broken Hour Collector's Edition on Nov 27, 16 11:33 AM
I'm actually (and unexpectedly) enjoying this game. Last year's entries into the MCF series were so disappointing that I never replayed them (a first, as I had always replayed MCF games, the great ones many times, the so-so ones at least once). So I bought this with some trepidation, and so far it's quite fun. Dark, but not the done-to-death Dalimar story., or a pointless follow up to my beloved Dire Grove. Yes, the glorious puzzles of old are a thing of the past, but there are some good challenges to be had here. I'm particularly relishing the challenge to complete all HOPs in under 20 seconds. It is doable, but not on the first try (at least for me). So while I have a ways to go, and I guess could still be disappointed, I'm very happy at this point that I purchased Broken Hour. It's a very good game in its own right, and a respectable entry into the MCF series.

The movable image is right next to what looks like a box or package. The flower outline in the scene stands alone. It took me a while to connect the two, but that's the flower that fits, and just ignore the box to the right of it.

I agree! I can't get this achievement either, and it's not the first game this year where one HOP is simply not doable in the time allotted to get three stars. This is, however, the first time a moderator has taken notice of the complaints. Maybe it's pathetic that I want to get all the achievements in a game, but I do, and it should be possible. It can be challenging but it shouldn't be impossible. Maybe if you are one of the developers and have enhanced your computer in ways the rest of us can't, it's doable, but for the rest of us it's an eternal frustration. How about testing the game on a variety of ordinary computers of the sort your customers are likely to use? Or how about looking at the problem and issuing an update to correct a problem that all your players are experiencing, even if you don't think they should be having it?

The stock answer to uninstall and reinstall games, or to update one's video card, have never worked for me, and from reading the forums, I know I'm not alone. So I've long since given up on Dr. Felix.

I've been a loyal Big Fist customer for many years, but with problems such as this, and the fact that a couple of developers are taking over all the games (and therefore the games are all starting to look and play alike), it's getting harder to keep buying from Big Fish. Can't help wondering what else is out there.

posted in Phantasmat: Behind the Mask Collector's Edition on Jan 3, 16 4:05 PM
Same here! It seems like there is often one achievement that can't be obtained. I don't think Eipix ever reads these forums and I don't know how to communicate with them, but this is one of the things we pay extra for when we buy a CE. And since they seem to be taking over most of the games, I wonder if we won't encounter this even more often. Ugh.

Well-said, banshee10. Well-said.

Really disappointing for me. I couldn't get engaged in the story at all. It struck me as a mediocre non sequitur, similar to the Dire Grove sequel. It had little in common with the original series other than the names. Certainly not the quality I'm used to.

I've enjoyed other Eipix games and hoped to enjoy their MCF entries but they just don't measure up. I think they've done even more damage to this brand than to Dark Parables, another old favorite series. Please, for the sake of gaming fun, we need more than one game developer out there! I feel like all the games are looking alike and it's harder and harder to want to purchase them. HOG's have been my favorite since I bought the first MCF but these days there is rarely one that excites me. Guess I'll go back and replay some old games because the newer ones aren't worth the money.

@mimiheart you can redo this in the Extras and get credit for the scene. Still doesn't fix the glitch but gets the achievement, which would soften the blow for me anyway. Good luck!

GameLvr30 thanks so much for illuminating this puzzle for me!

Maybe it does work differently for each player. I got it (at last!) by returning to the car after getting kicked out of the museum, like gwenofala. But others have clearly had a different experience. Devilish! As long as you can finally get it. I hate it when there's a remaining achievement that is apparently impossible to earn.So far loving this game btw!

I've tried all of the above suggestions and still no achievement. Grr!

I've been back to the car a number of times, to no avail. Anyone else figure out something more specific?

posted in Nevertales: Legends Collector's Edition on Oct 2, 15 1:49 PM
I second your question, riefer!

posted in Phantasmat: The Dread of Oakville Collector's Edition on Jul 24, 15 5:44 PM
Grrr Same issue. Was hoping that if I could break 10 sec I would have it but obviously that's not the case. I thought it was cool that I could go back and get the morphing objects I missed from the extras. Should have known there would be a trade-off lol. It's my pet peeve that some games are set up so you can't get all the achievements. I don't mind them being challenging, but it's not okay when they're impossible.

Second time through, and still short one vase after taking great care in every scene. I agree with firehorsecos, there is a glitch.

It's probably silly to care about getting all the achievements, but, well, I do, and it seems lately there's often one that no one can seem to get. I still love the games, but wish the quality control was better.

posted in Off the Record: The Italian Affair Collector's Edition on May 19, 14 9:09 PM
Aargh! Missed that one the second time through, too! But you're right, it's there in the guide, a bit harder to see. Just whining. Thanks for pointing it out!

posted in Surface: Reel Life Collector's Edition on Apr 16, 14 6:11 PM
Thanks! Like I said, it was a first!

Go to:   

KEY:    Unread    Read    Sticky    Locked    Announcement    Moved    Moderator