Posts created by bobhillman

You can switch it on or off in the difficulty settings in the menu.

The red parts are called resistors!!

I'm currently wrestling with the first HOP in this game (The presents one, in Maria's room) and would like to know if all the HOPs in the game are the same - i.e. find an object, use it on something else to get the next object. Personally I find these utterly infuriating, because there simply seems to be no logic whatsoever to the actions necessary. So I will wait for replies before continuing. Thanks in advance.

posted in Chronicle Keepers: The Dreaming Garden on Jul 19, 14 8:52 AM
Thanks!!!

posted in Chronicle Keepers: The Dreaming Garden on Jul 18, 14 10:21 AM
Can anybody please explain to me what the green "fragments" that you find (with the medallion)in the normal scenes are for? They don't go into your inventory, so what is their purpose?

posted in Chronicle Keepers: The Dreaming Garden on Jul 18, 14 10:17 AM
I had to restart and use the tutorial to work this out (I normally ignore the tutorials because of the way the hints keep popping up and getting in the way of playing the game).

Did anybody else find it odd that there was no voice-over on the final cutscene in the main game? Or was it just my computer?

posted in Reflections of Life: Tree of Dreams Collector's Edition on Jul 11, 14 11:14 AM
It's at the lower right - where the beetle appears to land when it flies off the buffalo.

posted in Reflections of Life: Tree of Dreams Collector's Edition on Jul 11, 14 10:21 AM
Hapless wrote:I could not agree more re-Eipix games, you really get your money's worth.The extras are usually nice too.

Linda

Seconded!! (Although that should possibly be "Thirded" since you were already agreeing with Tiger2010 ) Even the the credits are worth reading, and I like the fact that all on screen characters are "portrayed" by members of the programming team.

posted in Reflections of Life: Tree of Dreams Collector's Edition on Jul 11, 14 10:10 AM
Tiger2010 wrote:Yes, Tookat. I couldn't believe how beautifully drawn that Bengal in Uncle's study was. He looks just like Mowgli.

I've never seen a Bengal in a game before. Coincidentally, Mowgli was sitting on my desk at the time. I looked at that cat, then looked at Mowgli and we stared at each other.

I said to him: "So that's where you've been when I couldn't find you. You've been moonlighting!"

His response? Absolutely nothing; just more dead-pan staring. Oh, don't you just LOVE cats? They are so wonderfully superior to us mere humans.

A very good friend of mine (now no longer with us, unfortunately) always used to say "Cats don't have owners, they have servants."

posted in Reflections of Life: Tree of Dreams Collector's Edition on Jul 11, 14 10:00 AM
Switch to match-3 mode (at bottom left of screen), it will count as completing the HOP without using the hint button

There's a piece of paper somewhere nearby (it may be by the stones with runes on, sorry, but I played that part yesterday and can't remember exactly) with how to work it out, related to the symbols above each dial - IIRC, it's 316x (I don't think you can work out the last digit, and I just clicked on it until the case opened).

ETA:- It's 1369, P.26 in the SG.

If you mean the gazebo in the silver garden, what you actually need is the silver rose which you have had in your inventory since (approximately) the start of the game.

posted in Sea of Lies: Nemesis Collector's Edition on Jul 9, 14 2:13 PM
It may be completing the extra bonus scene (there is an extra bonus scene in the chest room, if you collect all the treasure chests). Unfortunately, there was one item I couldn't find, so I needed to use a hint.(Highlight to read)

posted in Sea of Lies: Nemesis Collector's Edition on Jul 9, 14 8:50 AM
I can't figure this out - the clue shows bird, lizard, monkey, but the game won't accept this combo. And I can't make any sense of what the SG says, either.

ETA:- I have solved this, by trial and error, but I would be grateful if somebody could explain the logic, please?

posted in Rite of Passage: Hide and Seek Collector's Edition on Jun 24, 14 3:13 PM
Dudesmum wrote:Morning everyone,

Did anyone go back to the first Rite of Passage game?

I couldn't help myself after seeing the familiar man with the lantern wandering in the woods, during the Demo... Add in missing children and I am half way through The Perfect Show as I type this.... It's time for a coffee break

But as it came out some time ago there is no map, and yet again I realise how reliant I've become on the maps in game... Sad I know...

Any way thought I would ask... Loving another Mad Head Game and will be hanging by finger nails awaiting the release of the next instalment of NeverTales: Shattered Image

oh kettle is boiling... bye for now...

Dudesmum... aka MumofChaos

Yes I went back to the first, and second (Child of the Forest), not that the story really follows on. Both still good games, although like you said, Perfect Show could have been vastly improved by the addition of a map, especiallyat the end where you have to go back and forwards a lot.

How does the gate puzzle at the woman's cottage work? I know it relates to the piece of paper on the barrel, but I simply CANNOT see how!! (If there was a smiley for "tearing out your hair in frustration" I would place it here!!)

posted in Awakening: The Redleaf Forest Collector's Edition on Jun 9, 14 9:09 PM
nwl43 wrote:I found 47 collectibles, but the achievements only gives me credit for 42. Apparently there are extra ones bringing the total to 50 instead of 45. The guide is very confusing. I found two in 4 different areas, but the second one in each of those areas was like a morphing object. The guide showed those and apparently counted them as the 45. I found all 45 of those but only got credit for 42. So what gives. Where are the other three that are not shown in the guide?

I collected all 45 (And got the achievement for it) and ended up with a total "score" of 49 - I think this is because the 4 "morphing" ones are worth 2 points rather than 1.

posted in Awakening: The Redleaf Forest Collector's Edition on Jun 9, 14 8:26 PM
Is it just me, or does anybody else find this puzzle utterly incomprehensible?

posted in Tales of Terror: House on the Hill Collector's Edition on May 24, 14 9:53 AM
On the collectibles screen, it says that if you collect all the heart medallions(which I have done), it will unlock bonus content. Can anybody tell me where to find this "Bonus Content"?

Go to:   

KEY:    Unread    Read    Sticky    Locked    Announcement    Moved    Moderator