Posts created by LAndersen

posted in Silver Tale on Apr 25, 16 11:06 PM
Not really sure what level I'm on - currently crossing a lake, I think.

But I must admit that I too am feeling less eager to play these days. I'll do a couple of sittings a day, usually completing two to three levels, depending on how long they take.

The mining rounds are taking too long for my liking and, well, although I like match 3 games I'm more of a adventure/time management girl - I like story, variety, development.

One of the things that bugs me most is that wimpy horse of mine: OK, so it needs feeding, but it goes through saddles etc. like there's no tomorrow, becoming "malnourished" if I don't provide all these fancy accessories . I think it's got some racket going on the side, selling on the gear to other, less fortunate horses. Whatever, it is one high maintenance horse!

I'm not too bothered about the game losing some of its appeal, though. This way I avoid sitting still too long, getting all woozy and stiff

posted in Crime Solitaire 2: The Smoking Gun on Apr 13, 16 6:43 AM
Hi Dave from desktopgaming.

Thank you for the reply.

So happy to hear there's a Crime Solitaire 3 on the way.

No need to update CS2, it's not a "show-stopping problem". But a restart button would be a perfect addition to CS3.

It's always gratifying when a developer actually takes an interest in what we lowely players think about their products. I'm still playing both CS and CS2 regularly, and haven't found a solitaire game which can replace them in terms of entertainment value and playability (Is that a word? Who cares, you know what I mean).

In CS2 the voice acting was brilliant and I thoroughly enjoyed the well-written dialogue. And CS? Best music ever - always find myself bopping along while playing.

posted in Silver Tale on Apr 13, 16 6:26 AM
Hi again

Well, I've tried it now (played for half an hour), and so far Playcademy seem to be onto another winner.

My main gripes with Runefall, which were the huuuge maps and levels taking me up to 50 minutes to complete, have been eliminated by allowing the player to leave the map once all red tiles have been smashed - as mentioned by ClaudiaKde (Vielen Dank ).

There are a lot of extra and bonus goals, but you don't have to complete them to move on in the game. Depleeting the resource mines, or whatever they are called, is definitely low on my to-do list. But if you want to complete all the additional quests set by the townspeople, I guess you have to remove all the tiles made of grass, dirt etc, as that is where most of the items are hidden.

I'll play a bit more before making my mind up on whether "to buy or not to buy", but so far I am very positive about Silver Tale.

posted in Silver Tale on Apr 12, 16 10:27 PM
Thank you for the great replies. I seem to remember some of you from the Runefall forum?

I too liked the humour and whole mood of Runefall, but it sounds like there's more variety in the gameplay of Silver Tale.

Not a fan of limited moves, but none of you mentioned running out of moves before finishing levels. Then again, you are probably all very clever and experienced gamers

Well, it sounds like I might have to give this a try. It's not like there's been much else interesting among the new games on BFG recently.

posted in Silver Tale on Apr 12, 16 6:49 AM
Looking at the screen shots and the trailer (I'm not a game club member, so can't try this game yet), this seems to have a similar look and basic game play to Runefall.

I quite liked Runefall, but the veeeery long levels rather ruined it for me. I'm wondering if the developers have changed that for Silver Tale?

So, for players who have tried both games, I'd be interested to hear of any differences and improvements (or not, as the case may be) made to Silver Tale.

LAndersen

posted in Rock Tour on Apr 5, 16 10:45 PM
Right, so I started again, from the beginning. Quickly got through the first band, got pretty far with Xero Sum, with better strategy this time, releasing an album earlier on.

Took a break from Thursday, then started up the game Sunday.

And it had only bloody well happened again! All my "new" saved games had disappeared!

I had deliberately not updated Flash, which requested me to do so Wednesday. Instead I clicked Remind me later. And since then, no reminders.

I have lost heart and can't face starting a new game, if this is the way it's going to be from now on. I wrote to BFG Sunday, but haven't heard back yet. I guess since this is an old game which doesn't sell that well anymore, it has very low priority.

But if you are in danger of having your game progress wiped regularly, Rock Tour is unplayable in my books. So I guess I'll never get to play the last couple of bands.

posted in Rock Tour on Mar 22, 16 8:15 AM
Well, it looks like my saved games were wiped by the latest Flash update, which was installed sometime around the weekend.

It seems that a lot of these older games have trouble keeping up with all the updates, which is annoying. I buy from Big Fish so I can download my bought games to new PCs and keep playing them. I already have a lot of unplayable old games on discs

But hey ho, that's life, you can't stop progress, no sirree bob, etc. etc. ...

posted in Rock Tour on Mar 21, 16 3:37 AM
Started the game up and when I clicked the Saved Games, it was empty! And I had finally got Xero Sum going nicely, making enough money to upgrade all kinds of things.

Anyone know where the saved games are supposed to be stashed on the computer? When I started Rock Tour up today a pop-up asked me to allow Flash to store game items on my PC.

I've searched on all sorts of variations on the words "rock" and "tour", but nothing resembling saved game files show up. Anyone know, what file name I should be searching for?

Any help is appreciated. I would hate to have to start all over again.

L.A.

posted in The Promised Land on Mar 1, 16 7:15 AM
Hi DishRag

One of the weaker points of this game is that you kind of have to progress in the order the game tells you to. So if for example your advisor tells you to upgrade a certain building, it is a good idea to do so.

Take a look at some of the quests the game has currently set you - the reward for completing them might well be what you need to move forward.

I seem to remember that you get the special axe by helping some of the natives, but I can't remember how.

As for the bridge, does it require a certain level in Construction (using research points)?

It took me a while to figure out that you had to pay close attention to the requests etc.. Especially when the reward is a new colonist - you can get in a right pickle from lack of housing.

posted in Farm Tribe on Mar 1, 16 7:05 AM
Hi daylar

Bad luck! You might have to uninstall and then reinstall. Your game progress will still be saved and you can continue where you left off, but hopefully without the glitch. (game progress is saved on your computer eventhough you uninstall a game -that is also why, if you use up a 60 minute trial, you can't just uninstall, reinstall the demo and play another 60 minutes).

Hope you succeed in finishing this great game.

posted in Farm Tribe on Mar 1, 16 6:58 AM
Hi CatJo50

I've played this game several times, and I must admit I can't remember having to clean a stone oven. I remember having to buy an oven, to enable my chef to make pizza

However, I seem to remember having to clean a stone, I think it was on the other side of the river. By cleaning it some writing was revealed, helping to solve the Seven Brothers "riddle" of the totems.

posted in Finders on Mar 1, 16 3:32 AM
I'm with you on both counts - a sequel and the "multiclick" function.

Every day I check BFG for new games, but it's mostly same old same old: match threes, grim HOPAs and the occasional run-around-like-an- idiot-removing-stuff-from-roads time management games.

So I find myself replaying my trusty collection of relaxing and entertaining games. And a Finders 2 would be a much appreciated addition.

posted in Finders on Mar 1, 16 3:21 AM
Hi Julina77

In case you still need an answer to your question: Access your storage by clicking the crate on the picture menu at the bottom left side of the gaming screen, or by clicking you storehouse. Next to most items you'll find two buttons. Click the green one marked with the amount of $ you'll earn.

Cooked food brings in more money than individual ingredients, such as mushrooms or berries.

Be careful not to sell items you might need to complete a quest.

It's a while since I've played the game, so I can't remember if you actually have the storehouse from the beginning or if you have to buy it at some later point.

posted in Crime Solitaire 2: The Smoking Gun on Feb 17, 16 2:05 AM
A minor complaint, I know, but just in case the devs are thinking of making a sequel...

In the Five Peaks section of the game, I could really use a Reshuffle button, enabling me to give up on a game when I can see that I have no way of getting on the high score list.

At the moment I am playing for maximum cash and have only two slots to fill, fairly high up on the list. If I can't make a good long sequence early on in a game, I can't earn enough $.

As it is, I have to either play a game to the end or do a lot of clicking to start a new one.

A "Reshuffle" or "New game" button would have been much appreciated.

posted in Runefall on Feb 17, 16 1:49 AM
I agree with you, urban1a. I managed to complete the game (well, the quests and upgrades, anyway), but I don't think I'll ever be replaying this game. A real shame, because it was very innovative and offered a new take on Match 3.

I actually visited this forum to see whether an update had been released, enabling you could save your progress in the middle of a level. No such luck.

The problem for me is not so much time and patience - instead I get headaches besides aches and pains in my neck, back and various joints, from sitting still too long, "locked" in the same position, concentrating. I'm in my early forties, so it's not exactly because I'm an old codger

I usually find that playing for about half an hour or so works best for me. But, alas, can't do that here.

posted in My Tribe on Jan 12, 16 11:23 PM
Aradina wrote:
I have not played my tribe long and restarted a few days ago. What fun, they are so cute.

Ditto. Have started from scratch and am enjoying myself. Outside it's cold and grey, in the game my people are walking around barefoot, swimming and having tropical island fun. Could do with a bit of that myself, although I would give breaking rocks a miss

I'm all for a My Tribe 2, with new mysteries, new achievements and new buildings to construct.

posted in The Island: Castaway 2 on Nov 11, 15 6:23 AM
Yep, a third instalment would be nice. And maybe with a bit less running around than in this one

I haven't played it in a while and had left a game unfinished, so I'm back on this forum to find out some of the basics.

posted in Little Folk of Faery on Oct 27, 15 8:00 AM
Just played this through again, and what a lovely game it is.

Nothing is happening in its forum, so I take it it has drowned in the mass of new games, most of which seem to rehash old ideas.

Games like this one, Farm Tribe 1 and 2, Gemini Lost, Buried in Time, Forgotten Lands, Finders, Hero of the Kingdom 1 + 2 and other equally imaginative TM and adventure games have become very rare.

A real shame.

posted in The Happy Hereafter on Oct 27, 15 7:48 AM
The same has just happened in my game. I've played it through once before, a while ago, but it never got this bad.

I hope it'll have "cleared up" when I start it up again. But for now I've had enough of moving my zombies from production place to cellar and back.

A shame the devs never got around to fixing the bugs in this game - it's a great little game with cute characters, but I can understand if people give up.

posted in Settlement: Colossus on Sep 14, 15 3:24 AM
I'm not exactly addicted, but this is one of the games I return to regularly.

The music is so very beautiful, and just hearing it makes me relax

I too try some different strategies, but mainly I just try to have everything running smoothly, avoiding strikes because of lack of food or fuel.

I would LOVE a sequel.

Go to:   

KEY:    Unread    Read    Sticky    Locked    Announcement    Moved    Moderator