Posts created by Short_Starfish

posted in Spirits of Mystery: Family Lies Collector's Edition on Mar 27, 16 8:51 PM
procats wrote:This is how I have the games listed. I believe it is the correct listing.

Spirits of Mystery: Amber Maiden Game 1
Spirits of Mystery: Song of the Phoenix Collector's Edition Game 2
Spirits of Mystery: The Dark Minotaur Collector's Edition Game 3
Spirits of Mystery: Chains of Promise Collector's Edition Game 4
Spirits of Mystery: The Silver Arrow Collector's Edition Game 5

procats has games 4 and 5 back to front. Silver Arrow is 4 and Chains of Promise 5.

posted in Dark Parables: Queen of Sands Collector's Edition on May 22, 15 10:23 PM
And I'll add my vote to this. Being Dark Parables is one of my favourite series I almost bought untried. Glad however that I didn't as overall the game play was boring and I found the FROGS no where as good as the rest of the series.

posted in Nightfall Mysteries: Haunted by the Past on Apr 2, 15 9:17 PM
IBMicki wrote:I can not find any of the masks..do they just come with the collectors as I bought the standard issue..help

The masks are for the CE.

Help. I picked up the cassette and questioned George but the cassette is not in deduction and it has disappeared from inventory so I cannot proceed without it. Anyone have any ideas?

posted in House of 1000 Doors: Evil Inside Collector's Edition on Mar 27, 15 2:44 AM
I was really looking forward to playing this and now can only add to the negative reviews despite being a fan of this series. The worst issue is the lag in the game which despite trying some of the fixes in the tech thread just would not go away and made the game painful to navigate. The "hand of light" is a dreadful gimmick and just plain boring, many of the puzzles were kids stuff and not up to scratch of what I would expect from this series. And where was the CE specials apart from finding spooky faces? Unless the tech issues are fixed this won't make my games list and even then only SE on a $2.99 special.

I've only got to the puppet makers workshop and had two "Fatal exception" errors. The loading screen stays blank and it's good old CTRL+ALT+DEL to the rescue. I like this series so I hope they fix the bugs.

posted in Echoes of the Past: Wolf Healer on Jan 3, 15 1:02 AM
Having the other games in this series I was prepared to enjoy this one but was sadly disappointed. For a start this game lagged sooo much, every movement was like super slow mo. Very frustrating! I also got tired of the oops need to change again scenario. The character of Mira just irritated me. Looks like the end to another series going out with a whimper.

posted in Surface: Game of Gods Collector's Edition on Nov 21, 14 1:34 AM
I must admit I was surprised when the trial ended after 1/2 hrs play. I really enjoy the Surface series and was looking forward to it although this one was really gripping me. Does it get any more challenging in later chapters? I know this is relative to each player but I was playing custom which tends to be set more towards hardcore (no hints, sparkles, messages) and found I breezed through this.

TeachumWell wrote:None of the "missing morphs" in the demo so far (40 min. played) and no Guide. About that strange blue tea.....I do think they might've told players that the Guide, morphs or other stuff would only be available in the full purchase version. Seems fair to me and would avoid lots of frustration.

Morphs are definitely in the demo - I picked up about 5. One that definitely wasn't there the first time I was in that scene.

posted in Hallowed Legends: Ship of Bones Collector's Edition on Feb 23, 13 12:05 AM
This one is disappointing and not as good as the other Hallowed Legends in my book. I was really surprised when the demo ended to find I'd only been playing for 30mins. So that makes this game for me about about 2hrs maybe 2-3hrs with the bonus so definitely not worth the CE, possibly not even a SE 'cause the story wasn't really grabbing me.

posted in Otherworld: Omens of Summer Collector's Edition on Feb 5, 13 9:15 PM
When I played the baking soda was already in the scoop when I picked it up.

posted in Time Relics: Gears of Light on Nov 10, 12 11:15 PM
I've also found downloading in another browser works when I have had this problem. Used Firefox for the first one that said 'trial expired', delete and download through IE or Opera and it works. Don't know why but it does, it's a tip the techies at BFG gave me a while ago to solve this problem.. Also clear out your temp files etc before you try another download.

posted in Jigsaw World on Jul 3, 12 3:30 AM
Love puzzle games but this one is definitely a no-no. The 'flash' every time a puzzle piece slotted in to place was not just downright annoying but gave me a headache and after only one puzzle I gave up as I couldn't find any option to turn it off. Get rid of that and I'll give it another go.

posted in Fierce Tales: The Dog's Heart Collector's Edition on Jun 29, 12 12:28 AM
Sorry but I got bored early on. I did trial for the full hour but too many HO and the problems were fairly simplistic and common. The most challenging thing was the cemetery gate and that's when the trial ended.

posted in Silent Nights: The Pianist Collector's Edition on Mar 16, 12 2:22 AM
It's not a literal 'gas can' but can hold liquid. SPOILER - highlight to read ...helmet turns upside down.

If the demo is 2 chapters this won't be a buy for me even as SE as I finished them on expert level with 24 mins of demo time remaining so this would only make it 1-11/2hrs long. I did do everything and no skips. Yes some unique little twists but most of the game play is intuitive and fairly straight-forward. Assuming the demo does cut at the end of the second chapter?

posted in World Mosaics 5 on Jan 6, 12 1:08 PM
When I saw this come up I thought "Yay, not a HOG" even though W4 was so-so. But gave up and deleted after umpteenth 10x10 board - too boring. And I agree with another poster too USA-centric not 'world' at all. It would be good if the devs gave us the option to switch between board sizes such as used in Jigart etc. No buy and probably wouldn't even look at any further releases now.

posted in Haunted Legends: The Bronze Horseman on Oct 9, 11 1:18 AM
I played the CE version but thought I'd wait for the SE. Played through both trial versions with about 20mins to go when demo ends. When I look at the walkthrough I'm just on half way through so this says to me about 2 maybe 3 hrs playtime? I don't want to waste a credit if that's all it is.

posted in Reincarnations: Back to Reality Collector's Edition on Oct 9, 11 12:23 AM
Why when I download does it say I'm out of time when I haven't even played it? Is this a re-release?

posted in Tamara the 13th on Oct 9, 11 12:19 AM
I can't even get this game to play. Every time I click on the play button it takes me to the thanks for playing screen and no game. Waste of my time and definitely won't be a waste of my money if I can't even trial it.

Go to:   

KEY:    Unread    Read    Sticky    Locked    Announcement    Moved    Moderator