Posts created by mjpi

posted in Dark Manor: A Hidden Object Mystery on Dec 7, 14 12:47 PM
Cool that we have more land to buy. Now we just need a half-price land sale for Christmas!

posted in Dark Manor: A Hidden Object Mystery on Nov 6, 14 12:35 PM
I still come back and play the new chapters, and sometimes rearrange things on the ol' manor while I'm here. But the days of eagerly opening the game every day and keeping extensive lists of who to send gifts to are long gone.

posted in Dark Manor: A Hidden Object Mystery on Nov 6, 14 11:39 AM
I wish they hadn't made the change that supposedly makes it easier to move items around. Since they did that, it's almost impossible to collect from machines or reset them when playing on an iPhone--if you don't tap precisely on the correct spot, you end up highlighting the machine to move it instead. It's very frustrating, especially since the "fix" was unnecessary--I never found it difficult to move items before.

posted in Dark Manor: A Hidden Object Mystery on Jan 28, 14 4:48 PM
Sadly, this has been an ongoing problem for many weeks now. I keep hoping they'll fix it, and maybe now that the game-crashing issue is under control they'll make it a priority. Fingers crossed that they come up with a solution soon!

posted in Dark Manor: A Hidden Object Mystery on Jan 23, 14 2:09 PM
Just checked on whether I'd received gold yet. Didn't look like it, so I shut the game off, turned it back on, and the gold was there.

Big thanks to Big Fish--the scavenger hunt and 18-scene challenge were fun and rewarding!

posted in Dark Manor: A Hidden Object Mystery on Jan 23, 14 5:43 AM
Also on Eastern US time, and no gold here yet. But they're West Coast, right? So if more goes out today, it won't be for at least a few more hours.

posted in Dark Manor: A Hidden Object Mystery on Jan 21, 14 6:37 AM
For which version? I don't see anything for iOS in the app store.

posted in Dark Manor: A Hidden Object Mystery on Jan 20, 14 6:26 AM
Imajica83 wrote:Just a gripe, but because the game crashes out when trying to collect energy by visiting neighbours; I feel we've missed out on, at least;
300 energy points = 20 plays,
playing show time for say $5000 = $100,000
2x bonus = $200,000.
So I'm a bit sad about it lol

You have waaaaay more discipline than I do--I can't imagine trying to visit 300 neighbors!

posted in Dark Manor: A Hidden Object Mystery on Jan 19, 14 2:25 PM
Hope so, too. Then maybe they can get back to working on the gifting problems. I am sooooo tired of chasing gifts I'm about to give up on this game.

I'm a Lev62er with all chapters and bonus scenes open and all vials filled--I only play scenes these days to earn silver so I can return all the gifts I get. Not knowing how many total gifts are out there is maddening enough, but having to scroll endlessly while waiting for gifts I KNOW are there to reappear is just this side of too much.

Please, please fix this!

posted in Dark Manor: A Hidden Object Mystery on Jan 19, 14 4:54 AM
Since the update when we started getting gifts only in dribs and drabs, I don't think I've ever totally run out--every time I go back, there are 5--no wait, 2--nope, it's 4...well, anyway, whatever the number eventually settles on, there are always more.

It's my nightmare that when they finally stabilize the gifts, it'll turn out I had hundreds backed up in the pipeline and it will beggar me to return them all.

posted in Dark Manor: A Hidden Object Mystery on Jan 18, 14 7:56 AM
VaBch47 wrote:Here are a few others
Messie Desk - eagle and geese, there is also a Lute
General Store - Also has a frog
The Haunted Station - Satelitte
PL Voodoo - Saxaphone and Sun

Geese in Messy Desk scene did not count for me.

posted in Dark Manor: A Hidden Object Mystery on Jan 17, 14 2:36 PM
I've just been jotting down the different scenes I've played. Halfway there!

posted in Dark Manor: A Hidden Object Mystery on Jan 14, 14 1:41 PM
eli173 wrote:
PTBT wrote:eli, if you don't mind could you post the link please? It's sometimes difficult to find for those of us that don't use FB,

Thanks!

https://www.facebook.com/DarkManorGame

Also, you should be able to view the Facebook page from within the game. Go to Options, Social, and click on the Facebook icon (next to Leaderboard), and it will take you straight there. And when you're done, there's a Back to Game button to bring you back.

posted in Dark Manor: A Hidden Object Mystery on Jan 14, 14 6:50 AM
drukenclam wrote:I'm on an old iPhone 4 and everytime I try to use the collect feature, it says no connection available and I have to restart. This happening to anyone else?

iPhone 4 here, no problems. I think I saw in another thread you've gone to iOS 7? I still have 6, so maybe that's the difference.

posted in Dark Manor: A Hidden Object Mystery on Jan 14, 14 6:48 AM
I've found out that you don't have to pay to change the scene mode. If the scene you want to play is on a mode you don't like, go play another scene that is in a mode you like. When you go back to the chapters, you'll find all the modes have changed again.

It's still random, so you can't choose the specific mode for a scene unless you pay, but you don't have to play a mode you don't like ever again!

posted in Dark Manor: A Hidden Object Mystery on Jan 14, 14 5:17 AM
I love the collect buttons, too! I'd stuck a bunch of low-level walkers in inventory because I was tired of collecting from them all the time--they've been restored to the grounds now. Thanks, Big Fish!

posted in Dark Manor: A Hidden Object Mystery on Dec 24, 13 3:19 PM
Merry Christmas, everyone!

And may you all have plenty of (no ham or turkey???) according to your preferences!

posted in Dark Manor: A Hidden Object Mystery on Dec 23, 13 7:34 AM
Hmm, some interesting differences. I never have anywhere near 30 gifts showing at once--maybe as many as 9, but more typically 3-6. And mine are all from active players. If I accept one gift at a time and go to return it immediately, that person is always present. One day, though, I collected groups of gifts at once and wrote down the senders, and by the time I got to the ones near the bottom of the list some were not active. Had to wait until they showed up again to give them gifts.

posted in Dark Manor: A Hidden Object Mystery on Dec 18, 13 1:45 PM
No, no fix for gifting issues. But the high scores work again, so that's good!

Here's what they posted on Facebook:
Good news! We are implementing fixes for the following issues:
* Walkers store list scrolling
* High Scores not populating or displaying properly
* Improper video display
* Manor name and resources disappearing
* Store items appearing locked

EDIT: I didn't read it on iTunes before downloading, so maybe they did say there that it fixes gifting issues. But it doesn't--number of gifts fluctuates and gifts appear and disappear just as before.

EDIT 2: They also say on Facebook that they're still working on the gifting issues. With luck, we'll get another update soon!

posted in Dark Manor: A Hidden Object Mystery on Dec 17, 13 8:14 AM
We all have them: scenes that we take to right away because they look great, or they're easier for us, or they start out hard but we come to appreciate them all the more when we get better at them.

My favorites:

From Chapters 2, 5, and 8: all incarnations of Sterling's messy desk. I like that items move around on the desk sometimes--it adds a challenge. And they're reasonably compact, so I don't have to scroll around a lot to complete them.

From Chapter 6: Memoirs of a Geisha's Ghost. The only "find X of a particular item" scene I really took to. Before we got multiple different ways to play a scene, it was also one of the fastest to play. Plus I love the little robots.

From Chapter 9: Double Booked. Man, I hated "find the difference" scenes. Hated them. I play on an iPhone, and in many I simply can't see the level of detail necessary to find differences. So one day when the game was at a stalling point, I gritted my teeth and picked one to play a lot. Until I got good at it. Then I liked it. It was also another one I could play really quickly, so when it was still one of my top-scoring scenes I went to it a lot when I needed silver.

From Chapter 10: Spirit Party (aka Seance). For some reason, this just felt comfortable to me, probably since it's relatively bright and the items can be seen clearly--unlike the underwater scenes, for instance, which are harder on a small screen. And it looks cool.

Honorable mentions: Soul of the Bayou, Dead Man's Curve, Showtime.

How about you? What are your favorites, and why?

Go to:   

KEY:    Unread    Read    Sticky    Locked    Announcement    Moved    Moderator