Posts created by spocalina

posted in Rooms of Memory on Sep 16, 14 9:31 AM
Aw, so good to hear from both of you! I won't be coming back (ashamedly, I fall all too easily to being addicted with this game), but it is so sweet to know I am welcome. Thank you all so very much!

posted in Rooms of Memory on Sep 15, 14 8:09 PM
So... most of you don't know me, but I used to play ROM quite a bit almost a year ago. I decided entirely out of the blue today, to check in and see if anyone was still around whom I remembered. Only fairhavenfish and webbleandwobble that I recognized, but WOW! What an accomplishment for you, webbleandwobble! Congratulations!!!! I remember the days when we had the centennial club for those who reached level 100, and knew them all by name because there were so few! I hope you all are having tons of fun and the game is progressing into new and exciting places!! Well and warm wishes to you all, old and new!

Edit: Century Club, not Centennial. I just saw it on the very first page of the forums, still going strong. Wow again! Such sweet memories. Congratulations to everyone in the club now!

posted in Rooms of Memory on Nov 21, 13 12:54 PM
Well this is super fun, I ALWAYS wondered where everyone was from and how old everyone was, but never had the guts to ask. Haha

So I'll join in and say I'm currently in Kansas City (USA) and my birthday is tomorrow, I'll be 25!

posted in Rooms of Memory on Nov 19, 13 2:02 PM
Once again, thank you all for your sweet, sweet goodbyes. I thought of each and every one of you - literally - as I deleted my neighbors list, and it was such a bittersweet time of remembering little things. How burnettchic never failed to make me laugh, especially when she made us all imagine zitronenfalter wrapped like a pretzel using her big toe to search rooms, or how blayzen came to the rescue to help me finish my Lever Lock, something I never thought I'd accomplish... As silly as it is, things I'll never forget, moments with friends in a virtual world. My deepest gratitude to you all!!!

Farewell, my friends, until I pop in again!

posted in Rooms of Memory on Nov 18, 13 2:12 PM
Goodness gracious! Y'all are going to be stuck with me one more day, actually, with gifts randomly trickling out. I never realized how much time it would take to go through them all! Haha... I'm leaving for a girl's night out tonight, so I'll resume my gifting tomorrow.

P.S. I have a confession, Rumbi. I tried a duel today, I couldn't resist. I won, but I had no idea what was going on the whole time, and almost hyperventilated from trying so hard. Haha... yup, I think this is a good time for me to leave the game. Wouldn't want to pass out on you all.

Much love to my lovely neighbors!

posted in Rooms of Memory on Nov 17, 13 9:14 PM
Arrghgh... I forgot that once you give someone a free gift, you can't send them a backpack gift unless it's on their wishlist. And I was just getting so excited about doing all my gifting! *sigh* Guess my liquidating will have to wait till the next day change. But hey... that means one more day with you guys, so I don't mind.

posted in Rooms of Memory on Nov 17, 13 8:01 PM
Here's a couple helpful threads I found:

http://forums.bigfishgames.com/posts/list/259956.page#5547558

http://forums.bigfishgames.com/posts/list/259791.page#5546536

Hope that answers at least some of your questions.

Also, just as an FYI, if you ever want to find an old thread in this forum and it's taking too much time looking for it, you can try using the advanced forum search (look at the top of the page to the right, in the little box that says "Search All Forums". It lets you select "Rooms of Memory" so that you're not searching the entire BFG forum boards.

posted in Rooms of Memory on Nov 17, 13 6:46 PM
Aw, gosh... thanks guys. Y'all are so sweet. I will never forget that you're here and a mouse click away, for sure! Maybe I'll pop in once in a while to surprise you.

posted in Rooms of Memory on Nov 17, 13 2:44 PM
Also, on a related note, I am going to be liquidating my vast assets. First I’m going to do as many expeditions as I can to give my neighbors a chance to get rewards for them, and play the Beast Runes so I can get some more pieces of Lever Lock hopefully. Then I’ll give away everything I have and then delete everyone from my neighbors. (I was pretty strict about sleeping neighbors and I like to apply the same rules to myself that I have for others. )

I have literally hundreds of artifact items and stuff saved up, so I will use common sense and wishlists to gift most of it out. But here are some of the rarer things that I would like to give to someone who really needs it. Let me know what you want, be considerate of others, and I will update this list as I gift them out:

1 Bengal Light (for Dancing Flame)
1 Blue Fire
2 Green Fire
4 Solar Fire

1 Lucky Clovers (for Aristocratic Brooch)
2 Fern Flowers
4 Delightful Wreaths

1 Granite Rock (for Builder’s Trowel)
3 Linseed Oil

1 Pine Wood Chips (for Lumber’s Ax)
2 Wild Stones
3 Sweet Corn

1 Rope Pull (for Lever Lock)

posted in Rooms of Memory on Nov 17, 13 2:41 PM
Greetings my dear neighbors! I’m afraid the time has come for me to say my goodbye. I’ve actually put it off much longer than I anticipated. I never expected an online HOG to be so addictive and fun. I never expected to wake up in the morning and think, “Oh no! I’ve got to go feed my dragon or the poor little thing will starve!” Most of all, I never expected to find such a caring, thoughtful, kind and generous group of people in this forum, and by that I have been overwhelmingly blessed.

Nonetheless, I feel it’s time for me to break free and do some other things with my time. I always made sure to only play this game in my “free time” so that it wouldn’t get in the way of family or other responsibilities, but I’m starting to realize that staring at a screen for hours at night, straining my eyeballs to find that sodding Roman numeral or nightingale is not exactly the kind of rest I should be getting either. So, I’m going to refocus on being the best person I can be in my real life, including being a better mama to my two adorable little boys, a better wife to my wonderful hubby, and hopefully remembering to feed our dog, cat, and fish every day too!

It has been an immense pleasure playing this game with you all! I assure you, I will miss both the game and each one of you. May you all live long and prosper! (And survive the attacks of each and every ghostie, and somehow manage to wrench all the pieces of the lever lock from the fiery dragon!)

posted in Rooms of Memory on Nov 16, 13 3:52 PM
Zitron, you know once you accept the reward for the special event, everything disappears (legacy keepers and all). So at the next day change, you'll get a bunch of scarecrows, lions, etc. once you do that.

posted in Rooms of Memory on Nov 15, 13 6:30 PM
They stay open 24 hours. Good luck in there!

posted in Rooms of Memory on Nov 15, 13 6:18 PM
Yay!!! I'm glad you're back, jadeice, you're a great neighbor to have. I always wait a week before deleting anyone, and was getting sad thinking you were gone forever and I'd have to delete you. So glad you're back in the game and I also hope you're feeling much much better!

posted in Rooms of Memory on Nov 15, 13 1:06 PM
Yes, same thing going on here with the background music. But only the music -- the sound effects still work when I click on things, right from the beginning. So eerily quiet...

posted in Rooms of Memory on Nov 14, 13 3:10 PM
So glad to hear that everything is going well! We are proud of you for being such a kind and thoughtful person and daughter.

posted in Rooms of Memory on Nov 14, 13 4:03 AM
I've had no trouble logging in today. However, during the last 15 minutes or so I'm not able to search any locations. No matter which ones I pick, I get the never-ending wait symbol that goes round and round. :/ Maybe they're doing some maintenance?

posted in Rooms of Memory on Nov 14, 13 3:44 AM
Oh, ok... could be. I did mine in a funny order too, but started with those and am leaving Magic Gates stuff for last. As far as I know, for the Hobbit Hut you get quests until you've made all 5 artifacts and assembled the relic Solar Plasma. But even if there's no more regular quests after that, maybe there'll be a special event there or something someday. I hate to think of all those cowberries going to waste...

posted in Rooms of Memory on Nov 13, 13 11:00 PM
I would also add one thing -- to wait a little while after you finished your last pink/blue dragon (so that some people will have a day change after helping you with those), and don't start any new pink/blue dragons at the same time. For the same reason as zitron said -- anyone who helps with other dragons can't help with the red one, so you want to focus all your resources on one at a time.

posted in Rooms of Memory on Nov 13, 13 10:56 PM
I've been to Venice and think it's true to both accounts, good and bad. It really makes a huge difference what you make of it yourself. I was there for my honeymoon so I loved it, but mostly just for the historical/fame value of it. Really, I loved the little Italian towns no one has heard of much more than I enjoyed Venice.

And Silver, that is exciting, I haven't gotten to any new quests in HH yet! I thought once we completed the relics, we were through with those. Glad to know I'll be sent back eventually.

posted in Rooms of Memory on Nov 13, 13 10:51 PM
moetown18 wrote:
Thanks Spocalina! I will be sure to send you something on your wish list tomorrow since your one of my neighbors

Aw, thanks moetown! I've actually got plenty of everything now, so don't worry about it if you have other neighbors who need things. I still keep things on my wishlist because I know it's a pain to have neighbors who don't use their wishlists when there's so many to gift, and of course you can never have too many energy rocks or null atoms, but I won't mind one bit if you pass me over in someone else's favor.

EweJoy, you're already grayed out for me, so it looks like I've already helped with that one or another creature before. Sorry

And back to the topic at hand (the new quest). If you're waiting for more doves to get scarves with, don't forget you can buy them for 10,000 per 10 doves. Way better than paying crystals for them!
I'm still trying to scrape a few more purple gloves together, but might break down tomorrow and buy the last 8 with crystals.

Go to:   

KEY:    Unread    Read    Sticky    Locked    Announcement    Moved    Moderator