Posts created by PDXnative

posted in Cadenza: Fame, Theft and Murder Collector's Edition on Mar 6, 17 3:39 PM
When I downloaded the trial, my taskbar did not disappear and it is not locked. This hasn't happened with any other game. I can't see the menu icon and had to use task manager to close the game. Uninstalled and re-installed and the same thing happened. Any solutions?

posted in Nightfall: An Edgar Allan Poe Mystery on Jun 11, 15 10:46 AM
The two F2P games that were left unfinished were Awakening Kingdoms and Antiques Roadshow. Both were by Boomzap. We, the game players, were left for five to six months waiting for updates and becoming increasingly vocal and disgruntled before the formal post saying the games would no longer be updated. That's when I started Nightfall as the most appealing (to me) replacement game.

I'm playing Nightfall slowly and not putting any real money into it (well I did buy the starter pack within the first 72 hours for $2.09) and hoping ERS will update the game before I finish the Rue Morgue portion which I have about 42% complete.

posted in Nightfall: An Edgar Allan Poe Mystery on May 26, 15 3:38 PM
I'd like to thank all the players who have posted discussions on this forum. It has been a great help looking through past posts for answers to questions I've had. However, many of those posts were late in 2014 and I know there was an update in March 2015 and that I am playing the most current version at this point.

I am wondering is there an advantage in depositing money in the Lightning vs Rich mode? I understand at some point I'm going to need a whopping amount for my Detective License.

Also I'm wondering how far the game progresses. There are several stories listed on the pull-down menu; are they all available as I progress?

I played Awakening Kingdoms and was sorry to see the developers leave it incomplete. Hoping that won't happen here.

posted in Awakening Kingdoms on May 20, 15 5:15 PM
I reviewed AK on the BF website stating that the game was incomplete and would not be completed by the developers. It did not post immediately and the website said it could take up to 72 hours to post. Ok I get that, but someone did get a similar review posted yesterday (giving the game 5 stars) and I can't find it today!! Did I not look in the right place or has the review been taken down, will my negative review show up, is BF trying to hide the fact that this game is incomplete? What gives???

posted in Awakening Kingdoms on May 18, 15 6:38 PM
I agree with the previous posters that it's a shame that we (the players) were left hanging without any completion. I reviewed the game and stated there is no finish to the game, that it has been dropped from development and warning others they may not want to pay real $$ to play.

I'm currently considering dropping my BF membership.

To everyone who shared their experiences and freely gave advice to other players, thank you. This has been a warm and friendly virtual community and I will miss the wit and humor so many posted here.

posted in Awakening Kingdoms on Apr 28, 15 11:34 AM
Portland Oregon where it doesn't really rain that often!

posted in Awakening Kingdoms on Apr 12, 15 1:32 PM
I've been checking into the AK forum almost daily. The number of posts, replies, ideas, etc. has dwindled to about 3-4 per day. My questions is, how many players are giving up on Awakening Kingdoms and who is faithfully waiting for an update? This may be a moot question as those who have given up are probably NOT checking the AK forum.

It's a shame this game appears to be at a standstill. I realize that it would end at some point, but I am disappointed (to say the least) that the game may not get to a conclusive end. I've enjoyed playing and if I weren't on a fixed income would have gladly put money into the game. I took the developers at their word, free to play, and it has been, for me, a wonderful game. Wishfully thinking this isn't the end, just a long spell before a great update, but realistically with no word from BZ or BFG, I'm skeptical.

posted in Awakening Kingdoms on Mar 29, 15 4:45 PM
Silverhawk, thanks for the knowledge that I should be able to finish the Gizmotek Pedestal. From your post, I assume I should just play the different map locations and that there are no specific quests for the remaining relics. Any hints on where they're located?

The boat that those of us who are waiting for the update are in must be the size of a cruise liner!! Maybe we should have an AK cruise.

posted in Awakening Kingdoms on Mar 27, 15 2:02 PM
Thank you Claire for this post. The families and friends of the people who lost their lives are in many of our thoughts. I am again reminded that no one knows how long they have on this earth and to try to make the best of each day.

Virginia

posted in Awakening Kingdoms on Mar 24, 15 4:04 PM
Uhh, bfgBellerophon, that's the same post you made on another thread regarding updates!! Sounds like you're holding to the party line and not giving even a hint as to when there may be an update. Many of us are waiting and in a holding pattern, storing up bolgins and inventory, but at this rate we'll be able to buy our way through an update!!

I appreciate the desire to make a glitch-free game, but it would be nice to hear something about the long awaited update. For now, I'll keep the faith that an update is in the works

BTW I believed Lance Armstrong when he said no drugs were involved in his Tour De France wins!! lol

posted in Awakening Kingdoms on Mar 9, 15 3:02 PM
What I would like to see isn't really a complete walkthrough but an ordered list of quests and objectives. Seems it would make it easier to know if I have missed something important. As far as I can tell I have completed all available quests and am waiting along with everyone else for an update, but I haven't found three shrine relics for the Gizmotek shrine and there's no where to look.

BTW, I too am tired of the dark chest and still have one orb to receive.

I know the moderator says they will let us know when there is something to report, but are they even monitoring this forum?? Even a quick "we're still here, sorry for the wait" or "the developers liked the game so much they moved there" would be good.

posted in Awakening Kingdoms on Feb 25, 15 10:08 PM
I've never seen the basilisk some have mentioned, my shrine door has a spot for a symbol i don't have, I'm missing books and I never bought the wounded pegacorn (it's 145 crystals). Are any of these related in some way? I also appear unable to complete the Gizmotek shrine (l'm three pieces short). I know there hasn't been an update for over two months, but have I missed something? I am able to use the shrine orbs for saving energy every couple of days and I do like that!! Like a lot of people I've invested hours and hours into this game, have enjoyed it, but right now i'm confused. It would be nice if BZ or BF would provide an outline of quests and maybe some type of timeline for them.

posted in Awakening Kingdoms on Feb 22, 15 12:52 PM
I'm not sure how far I am from having nothing more to do; I'm at level 52 and currently need to play several mini-games. I need the resources for those games, so I just keep at it, accumulating what I need and ignoring the wants of the chest (what will we do with the slime?). The one thing this game is teaching me is patience!!! I wait for energy, I wait to accumulate bolgins, I wait for the mysterious mill, and I wait for the update.

posted in Love Chronicles: A Winter's Spell on Feb 22, 15 12:16 PM
Is the gnome supposed to return and continue poking his stick at the empty cage after I returned him to normal and he flew off in his wagon?

posted in Obscure Legends: Curse of the Ring on Mar 2, 14 12:56 PM
I can't get past the grotto cave puzzle; it's the one shaped like a cross with turning flag shapes. You're supposed to move the token down to the blue square at the bottom. I don't want to skip it, there's probably a simple solution that evades me.

posted in Off the Record: Linden Shades on Aug 27, 13 1:50 PM
I'm stuck at the boat motor puzzle. There seems to be a missing wire to complete the puzzle. I tried to skip the puzzle and get the message there's nothing to do here right now. The diary says there are no objectives yet the map shows active objective at the boat motor. I uninstalled and re-installed and am still stuck at the boat motor. This is in the windows version. I'm getting frustrated!!

posted in Off the Record: Linden Shades on Aug 23, 13 2:56 PM
It appears there is a missing wire piece for this game in the SE edition. I uninstalled and re-installed the game and it still doesn't work. I tried to skip the puzzle and received message "there's nothing to do here right now". Went to diary to look at objectives - says there are no objectives right now. Went to map and it shows active objective at the boat. Now what do I do?

Go to:   

KEY:    Unread    Read    Sticky    Locked    Announcement    Moved    Moderator