Posts created by strictly2leftfe

posted in Midnight Castle on Dec 5, 16 9:44 AM
Sweetypuss wrote:LOL! I've been asking for a flying monkey pet and a unicorn pet for four years...still asking...or maybe a flying monkey unicorn pet! How about a honey badger!!! I've not thought to ask for items like mentioned in this thread cause its all about the challenge to me and zoning out in the zones. Guess I should pay more attention since I've not noticed how many items drop here and there.

The only thing I "wish" is that when in the crafting workshop some of those juicy items that are shown on the spinning wheel would actually drop..an egg for instance...again, 4 years playing and never, NEV-VAH an egg...or any item besides coins, diamonds, stamps, food and wands or globes (the last two I say blech and double blech too).

I have found that to get pet eggs from the spinning wheel you have to spend some gold. When I first started the game and never had any spare gold, I only did the free spin on the wheel and never got pet eggs. As I progressed in the game and finally reached level 74 I have been able to build up gold reserves. Now I can afford to pay for extra spins on the wheel, and get eggs fairly frequently, usually on the 4th, 5th or 6th spin.

posted in Midnight Castle on Dec 1, 16 6:49 AM
There are some people, me included, that think that Christmas should start on 25th December. We've only just finished the Fall event for heavens sake!

posted in Midnight Castle on Dec 1, 16 6:46 AM
Just to add my thanks to all the others for a great Fall event. Well done to the developers for creating interesting extra quests and activities during this event and also coming up with the best Castle Challenge yet. Greatly appreciated.

posted in Midnight Castle on Oct 9, 16 7:26 AM
Like most things in life it's a compromise. Are you willing to spend diamonds, gold, etc to get a few avatars? Ask yourself, I was asked to buy an avatar for 30,40,50 diamonds or whatever, would I do it? The answer for me is no, so I haven't made the third part of the last 2 cc's and probably won't on this one. Will I beat myself up about it? NO.

posted in Midnight Castle on Oct 9, 16 7:15 AM
By the way, do the mods read this thread? Or are we all just letting off steam?

posted in Midnight Castle on Oct 9, 16 7:14 AM
I would really like to see an "Are you sure" box added when you hit the diamonds next to your current pet in the bottom left hand corner of the screen (in the case where you don't have enough food for that pet). I don't know if it's because I'm left handed, but I've accidentally hit it with the heel of my thumb once or twice. The last time I used 150 diamonds unnecessarily. I was NOT happy!
I know you can change your pet to one you have enough food for to stop using diamonds accidentally like this, but the castle quests are getting through my pet food to the point I don't have the luxury of none hungry pets!

posted in Midnight Castle on Aug 24, 16 4:55 PM
Yep, Jeronimo is sending us on our way.

Strange there were no posts from the mods in the "NEW UPDATE available for Midnight Castle" threads though.

posted in Midnight Castle on Jul 25, 16 9:15 PM
What I find particularly frustrating is that receiving air ship items from a blue chest doesn't count? I just got 7 from a blue chest but nothing registered on the score. Why is that? As said by others, having just done 100 HOS's, the thought of doing 200 more, well...........

posted in Midnight Castle on Jul 25, 16 9:10 PM
strictly2leftfe wrote:I will fail the castle quest because I can't get iron chests. It's so frustrating, I've lost count of the number of pets I've fed trying to get them, but I've had a measly 1 in the last 5 days! I've spent a lot of money and pet medallions buying food, but I've given up now and resigned myself to not completing the quest.

"Oh ye of little faith"........... Decided to give it one last shot, spent coins and pet medallions for pet food and hey presto, I got the 4 remaining iron chests I need in 15 tries. Onwards and upwards! I just hope halving my pet medallions down to less than 200 doesn't compromise me later on in the game.

posted in Midnight Castle on Jul 24, 16 6:46 PM
I will fail the castle quest because I can't get iron chests. It's so frustrating, I've lost count of the number of pets I've fed trying to get them, but I've had a measly 1 in the last 5 days! I've spent a lot of money and pet medallions buying food, but I've given up now and resigned myself to not completing the quest.

posted in Midnight Castle on Apr 20, 16 2:18 AM
As the iOS update for the Spring event came 5 days AFTER the PC update (Android 4 days after), I sincerely hope that iOS players are given an extra 5 days with the Spring event after it has ended on PC's.
A lot can be done in 5 days in terms of achievements and gathering items for crafting and it will put iOS (and Android) players at a distinct disadvantage if the Spring event is stopped at the same time on all platforms.

posted in Midnight Castle on Apr 6, 16 4:34 PM
The problem I described above (in the post timed at 11:03am PST) and reported fixed has come back again.
I was able to play the game for just over a 2 hour period, then again in the middle of an HOS, I got the "Changes are afoot" msg and now I'm stuck as before. This happened at 11:20pm GMT.

Update: Problem has gone away again (I did delete the game from memory when I finished last night). When I tried to play first thing this morning around 8:30 GMT, the game loaded, then updated OK. The first screen now shows:
Content 1.14.0.1127

posted in Midnight Castle on Apr 6, 16 11:03 AM
I play on an iPad.

I've had 2 "Changes are afoot" messages today (6 April), one about 10am GMT one at 2pm GMT. Both times it said "Currently downloading: strings". The first time it restarted OK, but the second time I t took me out of the HOS I was playing and now won't restart.
I just get the "Currently downloading: strings. Total progress: 0/1" with a progress bar stuck at 0%.
In the dimmed out background it says:
Id i109850
Content: 1.14.0.1119
Client: 1.14.0.1073
Server PROD | 1.14.0.1075 |

I can also see on this dimmed out background it is going through the "Preparing characters......", "Checking cloud...", "Setting illumination..." sequence.

I have tried removing the game from memory, checked I'm connected to the Internet and turned my iPad off, left for 10 mins, then turned it back on again but still get the same problem.

This has been doing this for 4 hours now. I am at level 70 and do NOT want to loose my game! HELP!!!

Update:
I've reported this to the technical support team and sent a Dr Felix diagnostic file. Incident 160407-000149

Further update:
Problem fixed at 9pm GMT. Thank you!!!

posted in Midnight Castle on Mar 25, 16 9:42 AM
Ive noticed that sometimes the timers don't update for a while. Try going out and in again. If that doesn't work and you're on iOS, try deleting the game from memory than reopen it again so it has to reload.

posted in Midnight Castle on Mar 22, 16 8:25 AM
I don't ever remember the Android update coming out before the iOS one (but I won't stake my life on it!) I can only assume there is a problem with the iOS update to make it so late. Apple have to approve it, so maybe for some reason they are dragging their feet. Don't know, we can only wait. Personally, as I'm at level 69, I don't mind just doing the blue key quests. I'm building up plenty of coins which I understand I'm going to need as soon as the update arrives.

posted in Midnight Castle on Mar 11, 16 11:35 PM
dragonjules wrote:I HAVE BEEN SAVING ALL EGGS THAT I GET TO GIFT TO ANYONE WHO NEEDS THEM. AT THIS TIME I HAVE ONE EACH OF THE FOLLOWING
HEDGEHOG,PEGASUS, PHOENIX, AND TWO PANDA EGGS. I HAVE ALL OF THE EGGS THERE ARE SO I DONT MIND HELPING IF YOU NEED A EGG PLEASE PM ME .

THANKS, DRAGONJULES

That's very generous of you. I'm always in need of eggs as they never come up on my fortune wheel (don't know what I've done to deserve that, must have been very bad in a former life).

Which platform do you play on? I'm on iOS.

posted in Midnight Castle on Mar 11, 16 11:19 PM
Dinah6 wrote:The new update will cost you more than 100,000.

Really? Gulp!! Sorry, got to go...... tap.tap...tap....tap..tap....tap.tap....tap......

posted in Midnight Castle on Mar 11, 16 12:57 PM
Thank you to all those who replied. I will continue doing the Destiny Key (DK) quests as its doing wonders for my coin reserve, but wait to craft the Keys of Fate until I get the update, hopefully by then I'll have plenty of DK's.
In fact, I hope the update for iOS takes a few more days as I've been a hand to mouth player up to now, but I've managed to get to 85,000 coins while doing the DK quests and store away quite a few Blessing Pendants as well. I'm aiming to get at least 100,000 coin before the update. Hopefully in doing this I'll also get the Destiny Keys needed.

Thanks again for the advice and info.

posted in Midnight Castle on Mar 11, 16 10:28 AM
(I'm playing on IOS and we haven't had the March update yet).
Having finally reached level 69 and got all 4 of the new pets from the Ghostly Chest, I'm wondering:
- Is it worth crafting any more Keys of Fate thus using up 50 Destiny Keys each time?
- If so, is it worth continuing to open the Ghostly Chest?
- or is it better to hang onto the destiny keys and build up a good stash of them?

Thanks for any advice on this.

posted in Midnight Castle on Feb 21, 16 6:54 AM
Aurora378 wrote:iOS: feeder games only possible if you have multiple devices. My feeder game is on my iPhone, my main game is on my iPad. Not sure if I could have a third game if I bought a MacBook Pro ... it's on my wish list!

Thank you Aurora, I thought as much. Unfortunately my iPhone is old and won't upgrade to iOS 7 which is needed for a working version of MC. Talk about Catch22!

Go to:   

KEY:    Unread    Read    Sticky    Locked    Announcement    Moved    Moderator