Posts created by GilGalad2

posted in Dark Manor: A Hidden Object Mystery on Sep 19, 14 8:41 AM
karatopa wrote:arr me hearties still practicing on my hornpipe and trying to do the hornpipe at the same time (apparently they are both called the same thing ) some one stole the eye patch i er borrowed from swampy bottom arrgh i better not find that slimy bilge rat its easier when you have been on the rum to have 1 eye covered i find helps with balance hic exits still practicing anyone got any grog?

Arrrrrrgh! A drunken sailor! What shall we do with the drunken sailor? Find 'im more grog me hearties!

posted in Dark Manor: A Hidden Object Mystery on Sep 19, 14 1:07 AM
Isn't it amazing that they have managed to annoy all of us with this hunt, I'm lucky that I have the new Gypsy scene on my manors, but being able to complete a hunt with two lightning blitz games does not, in my opinion, constitute any kind of a challenge.

As a level 99 player I look forward to the monthly hunt to keep me motivated while waiting for new chapters, this has been a severe let down!

posted in Dark Manor: A Hidden Object Mystery on Sep 17, 14 12:53 PM
bfgMurrumbidgee wrote:arrr I be needin' some grog. Swabbin these decks is no easy task me hearties!

I'm going to pull up a stool and rest these weary bones some.
Sally forth, we're on course and the seas be calm

bfgMurrumbidgee

Shiver me timbers! There be a big fish among us scurvy bilge rats! Break out the grog!

posted in Dark Manor: A Hidden Object Mystery on Sep 16, 14 10:48 PM
frothnbubble wrote:Lady Sparkle,
Does this mean you'll be joining us on

The Pink Patootie ?

This mob are more likely to be wearing the Pirate Flag.

Pirate Girl froth
PS.
_G4il Hope you're still good to go?
Don't forget plank.

Don't leave me behind matey! Surely we'll need eye patches and parrots aboard The Pink Patootie, I'll go search them out now...

posted in Dark Manor: A Hidden Object Mystery on Sep 13, 14 10:48 PM
Ac5cat43 that is amazingly helpful and definately needs to be stickied! You are a !

posted in Dark Manor: A Hidden Object Mystery on Sep 12, 14 4:33 AM
Theorem wrote:
GilGalad2 wrote:[...]the are on me today!

Mmhh... You know what you're doing, don't you? 0:-)

LOL! Hunting down supplies of rum, mixing margaritas, collecting sprouts... may not have time to visit my manors today!

posted in Dark Manor: A Hidden Object Mystery on Sep 12, 14 2:02 AM
Congratulations klfrr, thank you temp and the are on me today!

posted in Dark Manor: A Hidden Object Mystery on Sep 10, 14 2:19 PM
That really is awful for you Dhyani, I really hope that the techs can sort it out ASAP.

posted in Dark Manor: A Hidden Object Mystery on Sep 6, 14 12:05 AM
Yay! I'm seeing the discount on the scenes themselves.

posted in Dark Manor: A Hidden Object Mystery on Sep 5, 14 10:47 PM
mywildirishrose wrote:Hi GilGalad2, any chance you could post a picture on DropCanvas so those of us who are not neighbors can enjoy it too?
Thank you.

Hi mywildirishrose!

It is all temp_89120's work! I'll PM temp and ask if it can be done.

Edit: temp has sent me the link, I'll PM it to you!

posted in Dark Manor: A Hidden Object Mystery on Sep 5, 14 10:44 PM
LifeforceOne wrote:Right On! FoDM4L!!!

posted in Dark Manor: A Hidden Object Mystery on Sep 4, 14 8:18 AM
LaReinaGitana wrote:GilGalad2, your manor is one of the ones I always love to visit! Such a beautiful depiction of your "blue moon" name!

Thank you La Reina Gitana!

posted in Dark Manor: A Hidden Object Mystery on Sep 4, 14 6:57 AM
Lambchop_1 wrote:You should be proud GilGalad. I just love visiting your lovely manor. Makes me smile everytime. Absolutley awesome artistry.

Thanks Lambchop!

posted in Dark Manor: A Hidden Object Mystery on Sep 3, 14 10:57 PM
temp_89120 wrote:For those curious as to what the question was, here it is.

Hi Chirag (or Chirag's replacement),
On July 24, 2014 at 9:24pm, I proposed 'Chateau de la lune bleue' for the Manor of the Week. I'd like to know who won that week. No hurry. Posted 7/28, 7/30, 8/1, 8/3, 8/7, 8/10, 8/11, 8/12, 8/13, 8/14, 8/15, 8/16, 8/17, 8/18, 8/19, 8/20, 8/21, 8/22, 8/23, 8/24, 8/25, 8/26, 8/27, 8/28, 8/29, 8/30, 8/31, 9/1, 9/2, 9/3,

As the proud owner of Chateau de la lune bleue I'd like to say that it has been fantastic to have such a persistent supporter!

posted in Dark Manor: A Hidden Object Mystery on Sep 3, 14 5:07 AM
moosetracker wrote:Eli - I think that would be a good solution.. We all love "winning" an item, I don't think any of us would be upset with others having the opportunity after a month or so to be able to buy the item we won.. The thrill is not in the fact others can't get it, the thrill is in the win..

Absolutely! The thrill is in the win and getting something for nothing. I'm another player who believes that all items should be achievable for all players, even if it means buying that item with gold.

posted in Dark Manor: A Hidden Object Mystery on Sep 2, 14 7:35 AM
eli173 wrote:I always wondered about this: many people play on iOS and yet they have top scores. How do they manage this, if it's so difficult to play? I think that the "too small" con may be overcompensated by the "small distance" pro resulting in much quicker playing. Mouse versus touchpad may also be a factor.

I agree that iOS players (including myself) have an advantage in the 'speed modes', it is simply a case of see then touch as opposed to see then move then click.

On a side note a played my second manor on an iphone 4 (smaller screen than the current iPhones) quite happily for ten months. I recently had CS move it to my iPad, not because of the scenes, but because moving things around the grounds had become so difficult, and when collecting from the ??? Machines I hit the wrong thing 9 times out of 10.

posted in Dark Manor: A Hidden Object Mystery on Sep 1, 14 5:58 AM
GeneScholar wrote:It seems 666 is before 8 ball, which is before ant. RIP is before raven. When lower case rip, it follows raven.

Thanks GeneScholar, I will amend my list!

posted in Dark Manor: A Hidden Object Mystery on Sep 1, 14 3:48 AM
This is how I have them listed in the "groupings" thread (how my iPad alpha sorted them). I'll try and check, but if anyone finds that my list is wrong please let me know!

666, 8 Ball, Ant... Raven, RIP, Rodent Skull...

The full details are on page 15.

posted in Dark Manor: A Hidden Object Mystery on Aug 31, 14 4:33 AM
WhiteladiesRd wrote:
GilGalad2 wrote:Can I join The Pink Patootie crew? I'll wear the bikini top (not sure where the bottoms are...) and carry a shotgun.

There are not many bottoms on offer. The boxers from the Houqua? The long johns from Sterling's bedroom?
As an alternative you could wrap a flag around your waist. Most appropriate would be the Pirate Flag from the original Swampy Bottom. As an alternative you have the choice of the American or Canadian or French flag.

Well that's my outfit sorted! Being English I'd prefer a Union Jack flag, but the one in Fire & Bones looks a little small! So I will opt for; Woman's Hat (Haunted House), Bikini Top, Long Johns and some Boots (Accumulated Knowledge), elegance personified and ready for battle!

posted in Dark Manor: A Hidden Object Mystery on Aug 31, 14 1:57 AM
Fifteen stickers on a dead man's chest
Yo-ho-ho and a bottle of rum
Think what the developers could do to the rest!
Yo-ho-ho and a bottle of rum

Go to:   

KEY:    Unread    Read    Sticky    Locked    Announcement    Moved    Moderator