Posts created by eli173

posted in Midnight Castle on Apr 29, 18 7:58 AM
Goodbye everyone!

I will miss the BFG forums immensely, as they had been part of my daily routine for a number of years. Though not without problems, what I liked most was the simple, ad free format of these forums. I have joined some of the new ones, but at present they seem a bit overwhelming, particularly those with hundreds of members, like MC.

Best to all!

eli

posted in Midnight Castle on Apr 29, 18 7:51 AM
Ha, ha, excellent poem, Jennifer!

posted in Sir Match-a-Lot on Apr 25, 18 6:24 AM
mpendo wrote:eli

'I would really prefer not to end my carreer at BFG as a manatee. It just looks too... I don't know...spineless?'

In my mind you will always be a koi.

Cheers

Hmmmm..... even though I don't know what you mean (hopefully not that I'm on the menu of some sushi bar), I'll take it as a compliment!

posted in Sir Match-a-Lot on Apr 25, 18 6:16 AM
Here's the URL again, for more visibility:

https://forums.delphiforums.com/smal

Perhaps we should ask the mods to provide a link for any future visitors? They have done so for other games.

posted in Gummy Drop! on Apr 25, 18 5:56 AM
Hi folks!

I saw that you were trying to find new ways to communicate with each other, and created a Delphi forum for you! Other BFG forums, like Midnight Castle and Sir Match-A-Lot, have already created a new home there!

Here's the URL:

http://www.delphiforums.com/GummyDrop

I will not be participating (still playing the game, though), so you have to take it from here. It's very easy to use. Just create an account and you are good to go. If you don't want to use your real email, just use one of those 10-minute mails you can find by googling.

If after a week or so I see that there are no participants, I wiil close it. I hope however, that you will find a new home there (if you have not done so already-I didn't have time to read all the posts)!

Cheers,
eli

posted in Sir Match-a-Lot on Apr 25, 18 5:29 AM
I joined, too! New name is eliagain. Only saw linda and irish. Where are the others? mpendo??? Anyway, I'm glad we now have a new forum, thanks!

posted in Sir Match-a-Lot on Apr 22, 18 7:09 AM
Well, I finally finished World 18 yesterday, but had to spend several fireworks plus trinkets and a few other boosts (in some cases, I even used some boosts I had in inventory that I had never used before). But I'm still left with over 11,000 coins and some 100 packs (plus hundreds of uplayed levels in previous worlds), so I'm ready for the next world, if and when it comes!

posted in Midnight Castle on Apr 22, 18 6:55 AM
Just keep what you are doing: just play dice when absolutely necessary. And play the puzzles as often as you can. You can get a lot there and have nothing to lose, for me they are the best.

posted in Midnight Castle on Apr 22, 18 6:52 AM
If you need some snowdrops and are playing on PC just send me a PM with your friend code. I have plenty.

posted in Midnight Castle on Apr 22, 18 6:50 AM
I added my name to that petition, but only as a matter of principle, as I don't believe that it will have any effect.

posted in Midnight Castle on Apr 22, 18 6:45 AM
WeeSam wrote:I had just reached herring status and thought it was a bit ugly. Wasn't too bothered because I wouldn't be stuck at Herring for too long. Now it looks as if I will be a Herring forever.

Oh well, at least at Pond Friends I am a beautiful Sea Serpent.

Really? I think I'll join Pond Friends, too!

posted in Midnight Castle on Apr 22, 18 6:37 AM
dylansmom1979 wrote:
eli173 wrote:Did you read the post? Everything has been left to go down the drain at BFG. Games closing down, and now the forums. How can the games exist without them, and MC in particular? They say that they will maintain the old forum content and the Facebook page! Thanks, but no, thanks!

PS Sounds like a bad joke, but, alas, April Fool's Day has passed.

Games closing down too?

Yes, I meant the recent closing down of Dark Manor, (sorry to be repetitive, but I seem unable to get over this!) in my honest opinion, the most original and creative game of its kind EVER at BFG or elsewhere, which had stopped being updated some three years ago. But the game was so good, that many players continued playing it with the old content, even without any of the preprogrammed seasonal events that keep other games that are no longer being updated (such as ART, for example) alive. Until one day last month, when players tried to enter the game as usual, only to find out that they could just not get in. We thought that this was a technical problem, when a moderator posted that the game will no longer be available. The blow was very hard, and because we had manors (I had 22 of them, certainly an overkill!) that could be really decorated with hundreds of different items, it truly felt like an eviction to me. The least that they could have done would be to give us a few days' advance notice to take screenshots of our manors, but they did not. They just pulled the plug and we were left out in the cold (bring on the violins.... ).

Of course, all this does not necessarily mean that MC will close down too, as they said that they will keep it going. Fingers crossed.

And now, the forums are closing down... At least here we got advance notice and the assistance of moderators in posting about new homes for MC players, although some recent posts indicate that these new homes may be more of a closed club ruled by a minority rather than a forum open to all players. I definitely hope that this will not be the case.

posted in Modern Tales: Age of Invention Collector's Edition on Apr 21, 18 8:02 PM
In a little over a month, I have been evicted twice. Once when my beloved game, Dark Manor, by far the most original and creative game ever offered by BFG and elsewhere, was closed down abruptly without even the courtesy of an advance notice. One day, as players tried to get in, the game just would not open. Later, we were informed that it has been permanently removed!

Now they are closing the forums. A double blow, another eviction.

I will add my vote to keep the forums open, even though I don't believe for a moment that we will be heard. The company has amply demonstrated a notable indifference for its clients.

posted in Midnight Castle on Apr 21, 18 7:43 PM
1isalone wrote:Where are they going? What is happening?

1isalone

All BFG forums are closing down. Read the announcement at the top and this thread:

http://forums.bigfishgames.com/posts/list/1081025.page

posted in Midnight Castle on Apr 21, 18 7:38 PM
The petition is located in another forum. Read the first post of this thread.

posted in Midnight Castle on Apr 21, 18 5:07 PM
WIN-LOSE-LOSE- PAID 12 DIAMONDS- -WIN-TIE-WIN. Just had to be done with it!

posted in Dark Manor: A Hidden Object Mystery on Apr 18, 18 1:01 PM
Sadie_65 wrote:I loved playing this game, but was not able to over Christmas and when I got back to it the game would not progress, it was frozen. I tried rebooting, then tried unistalling and reinstalling, but can not find the app anywhere now. Please help!

Unfortunately, the game was suddenly removed from all platforms a month ago. Here's the announcement:

An Important Announcement Regarding Dark Manor - Updated March 19, 2018

[Post New]by bfgMurrumbidgee on Sep 8, 15 1:05 PM

[...]

Update 3/19/2018: The Moderation team team has been informed that unforeseen circumstances have led to the removal of Dark Manor from all platforms.
We sincerely apologise for the disappointment and inconvenience this has caused our devoted players.

Please feel free to PM the moderators with any questions.

bfgMurrumbidgee

posted in Midnight Castle on Apr 18, 18 7:29 AM
verdesa wrote:
eli173 wrote:
Desertdruid wrote:I'm stuck being a Manatee!!! A fat, clumsy Manatee.

I agree! I don't want to remain forever a spineless manatee!

Are they spineless?

No, they just look spineless to me! The spine is concealed under layers and layers of fat!

posted in Midnight Castle on Apr 18, 18 7:21 AM
Desertdruid wrote:I'm stuck being a Manatee!!! A fat, clumsy Manatee.

I agree! I don't want to remain forever a spineless manatee!

posted in Dark Manor: A Hidden Object Mystery on Apr 18, 18 6:59 AM
Thank you, bfgIlinalta.

One last point: One month after the abrupt and unceremonious closing down of Dark Manor (we could at least have had a few days notice to take some screenshots of our beloved manors!) , it is still advertised on the FTP page of Game Manager.

Go to:   

KEY:    Unread    Read    Sticky    Locked    Announcement    Moved    Moderator