Posts created by bobhillman

posted in Tales of Terror: House on the Hill Collector's Edition on May 24, 14 8:45 AM
I think you exit through the floor after you've solved the stained glass puzzle.

Have you taken the usable hose/ regulator from the broken tanks in the boat (outside the house)?

posted in Off the Record: The Italian Affair Collector's Edition on Apr 22, 14 4:20 AM
Yes, it is the one with the magnifying glass, but I've now found them (I rebooted my computer and I could then find them)

posted in Off the Record: The Italian Affair Collector's Edition on Apr 22, 14 1:57 AM
I'm on the HOP on the trunk in Marco Polo's bedroom, and I can't find two of the ships on the map. SG just says to complete HOP, and the hint points at nothing. Can anybody please help?

posted in Space Legends: At the Edge of the Universe on Mar 19, 14 11:32 AM
In the HOP in the lost city, you may be asked to find a candle. This is, in fact, a spark plug. One of the other items is a "lamp", which is actually a light bulb.
I also liked the fact that, when you knock over the tripod, one of the legs breaks, and the caption says "The spoon is broken"!!

posted in Space Legends: At the Edge of the Universe on Mar 18, 14 7:08 PM
rubyred99 wrote:UNABLE TO LIGHT BURNER,ANYONE FIGURED IT OUT?

(I'm assuming this is the puzzle to make the potion for the Princess) Click on the match, then click on the matchbox, then on burner, IIRC

posted in Space Legends: At the Edge of the Universe on Mar 18, 14 8:45 AM
I can't make out the second item in the list:-
"Theta = Epsilon + ?"
No matter what combinations I try, none of them work!
I'm sure I must be overlooking something.

ETA:- I reread it and managed to sort it out (but don't ask me to explain it!! ).

posted in Mind Snares: Alice's Journey on Mar 17, 14 3:58 PM
Can't you go forwards across the bridge to the doors(behind the rocks that you put the icons in)?

posted in Mind Snares: Alice's Journey on Mar 17, 14 2:10 PM
If you are asked to find a Swallow, click on the can opener. Obviously something lost in translation

ETA:- A couple more - A washboard is described as a "Hand basin", and a pair of pliers are a glove!!

posted in Mind Snares: Alice's Journey on Mar 17, 14 9:10 AM
I've just finished chapter one - no achievement for that (although I don't really see the point in having achievements for something you have to do in order to complete the game) and although I know I've finished at least two HOPs without misclicks, no award for that, either.

ETA:- I've just finished the game, and don't recall any mention of a wolf cub, either.

posted in Dark Dimensions: Somber Song Collector's Edition on Mar 15, 14 5:44 PM
IIRC, you need a dollar bill (placed in the turnstile) to get into the skating rink.

posted in Dark Dimensions: Somber Song Collector's Edition on Mar 15, 14 5:14 PM
I haven't played the beta, or the demo. but I had no trouble reading the lists on a 17" widescreen monitor, resolution at 1600 x 900.

posted in Dark Dimensions: Somber Song Collector's Edition on Mar 15, 14 5:06 PM
If you're at the beginning of the game, then you're looking at the wrong door - the one you should be looking at is the one just in front (or to the right) of the burnt door, and you need four(or maybe only three, I can't remember exactly) stones. The solution to the puzzle, if you need it, is here:-

http://forums.bigfishgames.com/posts/list/274612.page

If you are near the end (and have been taken back to the school from Selina's house), then the item you need is in the auditorium.

posted in Emberwing: Lost Legacy Collector's Edition on Mar 15, 14 11:13 AM
Widescreen mode is fine on my laptop (It appears to be automatic).

posted in Dark Dimensions: Somber Song Collector's Edition on Mar 15, 14 10:47 AM
Just click on each one until the colour changes (blue to green IIRC) - It may be 3 clicks on each, but I can't remember. I don't know if the order matters, but I started with the top left and went clockwise from there.

posted in Dark Dimensions: Somber Song Collector's Edition on Mar 15, 14 10:19 AM
You need to (Highlight text to read it) clean the grave (below the harp) with the brush(in tool box), then complete a mini-puzzle with the treble clef before you can get the Ballerina. At least, that's how it works on the PC version, I assume it's the same on the Raincoat .

No, you can't get all the achievements by playing only once.

posted in True Fear: Forsaken Souls Collector's Edition on Mar 14, 14 12:15 PM
Have you checked the map to see if it indicates anything you have missed?

I can't remember exactly, but I think you might receive the coin from a HOP - Have you looked on the map for any areas that are sparkling to indicate a HOP, or for anything else that you can do?

I only know 'cos I used the hint to find it!

Go to:   

KEY:    Unread    Read    Sticky    Locked    Announcement    Moved    Moderator