Posts created by Snowdragon_23

posted in K3Y on Jan 10, 18 7:15 AM
This is like the Jar of Marbles games with more of a storyline. It's a buy for me.

posted in Treasures of Persia on Jan 4, 18 1:43 PM
Yep I was excited to try a new match 3 game... and I know they should put a relaxed mode in but I like limited moves so that was fine. I always turn the music off so annoying music also not a problem. But... here come the problems.
Let's say you get 20 moves and you do an amazing job with the level and finish it in 2 moves. No stars for your work. It doesn't give you points for moves left and even though there is always a point value you have to reach to get 3 stars it isn't always clear what that value is. Okay so the game punishes you for doing well.
No obvious powerups but the on board combos are pretty cool so I'll keep playing..
Next we have a hidden object level and no clear idea what we are supposed to find- a few general shapes stacked up on each other and 10 moves to do it in. Randomly clicked a correct object (bug jewel-looking thing), ran out of moves, repeat of annoyingly long cut scene, and more random objects clicked. Okay well I'm here for the match 3 anyway so let me just click skip... oops no skip. Well I'm not going to keep randomly clicking, the demo is almost over, and I'm not going to buy the game.
Tldr: Game has some promise but as it stands way too many problems to even recommend trying the demo. No buy.

posted in Mystery Loss on Aug 22, 17 9:15 PM
Cute relaxing game. The match combination powerups are effective and combine to make bigger more interesting powerups (as they should).
Limited moves on the M3 levels and a slow timer on the hidden object levels.
A buy for me.

posted in PrettySnails on Apr 27, 17 4:36 PM
Fun and cute M3 game.
Like many have said- it looks a lot like Penguin Rescue which I bought.
If you liked PR you will like Pretty Snails too.
I like that the combinations you make still blow up at the end (unlike PR) and so you get all your points even if you couldn't use them all..
I wish the game's screen size could be adjusted, but right now it is either full screen or a tiny little square.
I have only "found" one of the map quest items so far- the others I just clicked the screen randomly until it said I found them. I'd rather find them but my eyes just aren't seeing them.
So... fun and cute and I'll buy it in a few days. Thanks.

posted in Mystika 3: Awakening of the Dragons on Jul 12, 16 11:28 AM
Good match 3 game. There are about 200 levels, a relaxed/timed option, several different powerups for matches you make in the game. There is an occasion hidden object level and bosses to fight (match 3). I also like that you don't have to play each level multiple times to progress. The bombs are impressive from the start... which makes me happy.
It would be better if the powerups combined. It would also be great to have a store where you could buy powerups to use whenever you wanted instead of relying on making matches to create them. Also, if you engineer a cascade to make a big match or you make a large match with a locked tile it won't create a powerup. The powerups you get later on in the game appear almost arbitrarily and are difficult to create intentionally. A lot of games act this way but it is less fun IMO.
Even so, Mystika 3: Awakening of the Dragons is a fun game with around 200 levels of solid play and I used a game credit to buy it.

posted in Mystika 3: Awakening of the Dragons on Jul 12, 16 11:05 AM
Yes there are several more purchases as you progress (I'm currently on level 188). They are the same kind of things you bought early on (more hearts for the boss battles, powerups, gold mines, etc). Enjoy.

posted in Secrets of Magic: The Book of Spells on May 17, 16 7:59 AM
100 levels with the promise of another hundred levels coming in a soon-to-follow sequel.

posted in Yummy Dreams: Jelly Rainbow on Apr 18, 16 1:34 PM
Very similar to Candy Crush. I played through about level 30 and nothing ever happened. No story progression. No gold earned or store to spend it in if you got any. Nothing to build. I guess you play 160 levels and get a "you won" screen.

The powerups that you do get are earned by making a certain number of matches and when they are used they count against the limited number of moves you have left so they rarely help clear the board. They don't carry over to the next board so I ended up just ignoring them.

This game could be really good... but it feels like a game project that got cancelled and someone decided to just release it "as-is".
If you need some mindless match-3 in the style of Candy Crush you might like it.

posted in Silver Tale on Apr 13, 16 5:35 AM
Love it. Easily a buy for me.

Edit: You *can* save a level and continue it later. I'm sitting here playing Silver Tale and saving a level to come back later is working fine. Not trying to contradict anyone just saying that it's working for me.
There is a relaxed mode that adds a lot of moves to your countdown and lots of powerups that just add extra moves. Having said, if limited moves is a deal breaker for you then it may or may not be a problem. You can also play in normal mode and switch over to relaxed (more moves) mode at any time.
For me, it's like the devs read all my reviews and fixed everything I didn't like about their past games. Combining powerups, great little mini-games, and a sense of story and conquests without really having to stop and read the dialog if you just want to play.
Good stuff. Thanks for the game and for putting it on sale today.
Sorry for the weird edit- I should have just written a proper review the first time. Hahaha. Good hunting.

posted in World's Greatest Places Mosaics on Mar 17, 16 12:05 AM
I'm enjoying it. A bit more work than the usual mosaic games (have to switch back and forth between the colors and shapes) but it's fun. I really like the options in custom mode.
It would be more satisfying to play if we could mark out sections by shape and by color instead of just by color. Also the numbers (white on off-white as someone mentioned above) can be unnecessarily hard to read.
Bought it with the sale today. Looking forward to the next one.

posted in Imperial Island 3 on Mar 16, 16 10:49 PM
Yep. Having some of the same issues as others. Got to the hidden object game (level 80) where you find the voodoo dolls and magic masks outside the hut and everything slows to a crawl. I just let it do its thing hoping that it was just a problem with that level. Now my game is stuck on a "level completed" screen. I can exit to the map but when I come back in (or restart the game) I have to play that search level again with same result.
Win 7 Ultimate 64 bit

Edit: I let it run and finally completed the level and put me back on the map. Took about 10 minutes and level 81 is working okay. Disappointing but at least working for now.

posted in The Lost Tomb on Mar 16, 16 10:38 AM
Have to agree with most posters here... the woman giving you tips every level explaining that you need to match 3, the minigame puzzles where the challenge is to keep flipping pages in the journal, the limited sound options (let me turn the music off and just hear the sound fx), etc... Some matches work as expected and some of the larger matches don't do anything at all. The windowed mode flakes out on some of the levels meaning you have to restart the board in fullscreen mode. And any devs who have ever read feedback or bothered to beta test a game know that at a minimum you need to be able to choose between timed/relaxed modes... and the better games give even more options like limited moves.
Even so, I played through the full hour of the demo. Some tweaks and the game would be a buy for me, but mainly I can't stand the things that slow down game play. No buy this time.
Fix the flawed game execution and work on a sense of progression in the game and I'll buy the next one.

posted in Sir Match-a-Lot on Feb 14, 16 6:08 AM
From the main map screen where you can see the levels... click on the picture of the knight down at the bottom of the screen. Then use the arrow buttons to scroll through the different knight skins. If you have collected the items needed to use a skin you will be able to "wear" that skin.
If you are missing an item you can click "i" above the item to get information on where to find it. Good luck.

posted in Sir Match-a-Lot on Feb 10, 16 8:36 AM
Sir Match-a-Lot is 'a-lot' like gummy drop with more intentional cuteness and more of a magical theme. I have to say I like it quite a bit.
I would say the game trades a little bit of polish for cuteness, but overall works the same as gummy drop.
This is the kind of game that will get updated so maybe they will add some screen customization, as I also like to play the games windowed instead of full screen and the windowed screen size is a bit small.
I prefer to play limited moves so I like that too.
* There are some cute "sticker" purchases which are likely to get kids in trouble with some real money charges. Just be warned if you have kids that might be playing on your account... Parents probably already have safeguards in place, but if you don't now is the time. *
If you hate all F2P and limited moves games then pass on this one.
If you like cute games and/or you play gummy drop then definitely check this one out too.

posted in Gems of the Aztecs on Jan 5, 16 2:41 AM
Enjoyable match 3 game. The graphics and some of the gameplay feels a little childish and clunky, but overall a decent game. Demo it before you buy it.
I like the way the matched powerups function. It's nice to be able to combine powerups to make bigger powerups.
The levels where you need to move items to the bottom of the board are greatly complicated since you cannot swap gems with those items. This feels strange and probably unintended given the skill level needed to complete nearby levels.
Sometimes I felt like I was waiting on the game a good bit, and it bothered me to see some line matches falling into place that didn't turn into combination powerups.
I think some M3 players will find the game a little too easy and maybe annoying, but I made it through the demo and I'm having fun with it so I will spend a credit on it.

Edit: I'm just past level 60. The game has some problems but overall a fun little match 3 game.

posted in The Treasures of Montezuma 5 on Dec 28, 15 4:42 PM
Love all the Treasures of Montezuma games.
Similar to what everyone else has said... I'm into the 3rd section and already stressed by the timer. Would love an option for limited number of moves and/or relaxed mode in addition to a timer mode. It's a good game but I could see never finishing it.
I used a game credit to purchase it.
Edit: One problem I have is that if I do really well on a level and finish it quickly I'm not getting all the stars, so I have to replay and use more time making regular matches. Punishing the player for doing well is poor design, devs. I'm looking for Montezuma 6 to really blow my socks off, okay?

posted in Gummy Drop! on Dec 4, 15 4:32 PM
Paris level 95, second round, all board cleared and score met but shows 0/15 souvenirs dropped. Can't win it. Not a game breaker, but just reporting it. I have a screenshot if I can figure out how to attach it.

posted in Legend of Egypt: Jewels of the Gods on Apr 28, 15 6:28 PM
I agree with the other reviews I've seen. I've needed a new M3 for a while and here finally is one on Big Fish... but it falls short.
Have you ever seen a favorite old video game that someone has added new graphics to and revamped... and that great old game just doesn't work any more. That's how this game feels... like a solid game from 15 years ago that just doesn't offer much today.

posted in Laruaville 2 on Mar 9, 15 4:16 AM
Cute game. Match 3 with some other casual games sprinkled in occasionally (1up-1down solitaire, hidden object, mahjong- they give you gold but you can skip them if you don't like it). Match more than 3 tiles to make bombs to clear obstacles. You can play relaxed mode, timed mode, or with a certain number of moves to complete goals.
Some of the ice tiles don't work the way you might expect (you can't manipulate the tiles but they aren't really frozen either) and you can't set up a cascade to make bombs (always disappointing in a match 3 game). Sometimes the small bombs will blow things up that the huge bombs won't.
So there are some problems, but overall a fun game.
Check for sparkles on the map to get a few more gold pieces to move things along with the buildings (If you have 98 coins and need 100... look for sparkles).
Not as challenging or long as some of the other recent Match 3 games, but cute, fun and worth spending a game club credit on for sure.

posted in Laruaville 2 on Mar 6, 15 12:51 PM
Played for a few minutes and then got Error 3... whatever that is.
Reinstalled etc. and keep getting this error.
Edit: Win 7 32 bit (it works fine on my Win 7 64 bit system)
Last edit: Okay I reinstalled it a few more times and finally got it to work on the 32 bit system.

Go to:   

KEY:    Unread    Read    Sticky    Locked    Announcement    Moved    Moderator