Posts created by thurber

posted in Rooms of Memory on Feb 4, 18 1:13 AM
Well, Billye, for the time being I'm going to play both sites, just to be schizophrenic and in my usual state of not knowing what's going on.

I don't want to lose long time neighbors and am hoping that at some point there will be a consensus of sorts. What that would look like, I have no idea.

Do think about getting into PM8 too, then there will be more of us with multiple personalities in a confused group! Also, I don't want to lose you....

posted in Rooms of Memory on Feb 3, 18 4:11 PM
Thanks for bringing this up, Billye. It is confusing. I finally got logged on to playme8 yesterday and found at least some of my neighbors there. But it will take a while to find out who's missing and if they have a new ID so I can re-add them. In the meantime, I'll still play on BF also, but will empty my wish list.

I wish things were bit more clear. I feel like I suddenly have multiple personalities!!

If I miss one of my treasured neighbors, I did just post my new ID here in the forum. Find me! I'm lost!

posted in Rooms of Memory on Feb 3, 18 4:00 PM
New code: a8dDH4

posted in Rooms of Memory on Dec 4, 17 5:19 PM
I got back in today!!! How nice. Hello Romettes - good to be "home."

I'm using Firefox and it works. Have been trying other browsers without success but maybe they work now. I can't get into the forum except through BF website.

Wonderful to see most of my neighbors still here! One has left but I can't figure out who it is. Many are still sleeping and I hope they too will be back soon.

Also hope we don't get shut out again..............

posted in Rooms of Memory on Nov 17, 17 4:08 PM
Hi neighbors. I've been able to get in the game with BF Game Manager, but not today. I'll keep trying but if that doesn't work, I'll be gone until the problem has been fixed. What a disappointing mess!

Like others, if, and when, I do get back in the game, I won't delete sleeping neighbors.

Hope we will all be back in the pond soon!

posted in Rooms of Memory on Nov 15, 17 1:17 PM
Like Javacupper (and probably others) I can play offline through BF game manager.

posted in Rooms of Memory on Nov 14, 17 3:23 PM
Yikes, come back! I'm in the middle of the battleship exploration, took a wee break and now - nada. Sob!

posted in Rooms of Memory on Nov 5, 17 11:20 PM
This one is on my Never Again list. It's horrid.

posted in Rooms of Memory on Nov 5, 17 11:18 PM
A delightful offer. Fun camp to explore. Wish they were all like this one!

posted in Rooms of Memory on Nov 5, 17 2:24 PM
What a blessing that you're OK. We've been worried and saying prayers! Get back to us when you can. Hooray, Alice is all right!!!

posted in Rooms of Memory on Nov 3, 17 7:57 PM
I don't get ads on the forum page. ?????

posted in Rooms of Memory on Oct 10, 17 4:24 PM
Drop rate for berry potions is horrible. I helped Ms. Samba 57 times for a total of 8 potions. At least she gives 800/40.

posted in Rooms of Memory on Sep 30, 17 4:10 PM
Of course you can buy flints and ores but I'd rather not spend the coins (Cheapskate).

posted in Rooms of Memory on Sep 29, 17 4:08 PM
Me too! I have several I'll never delete no matter how many cobwebs frame their cottages!

posted in Rooms of Memory on Sep 29, 17 4:06 PM
Some people like flints and ores. Some people don't (LOL - you know who you are!). The reason I give them is two-fold:

1) Long ago, in a galaxy far away, we in the pond decided that since we can't put them on our wish list, if a player left their list empty, they needed flints or ores. Thus, a tradition was established.

2) OK, so that was then. After a while, newer players said, "Hey what's with this flints and ores stuff?" So much for tradition... I continue to give them because we still can't ask for them, everyone can use them on a daily basis, and I have no other ideas about what an empty gift lister wants. If they wanted common charges they'd put them on the list, right? Also I'm a sucker for tradition.

posted in Rooms of Memory on Sep 27, 17 7:14 PM
There must be something about gifting I don't understand. Like Despina, it seems easy to me and takes less than five minutes. Maybe something I do will help others or someone can tell me where I'm going wrong.

I have about 100 playing neighbors plus some sleepers (too many. It's time to clean house again). Most of you who posted here are my much appreciated neighbors.

Visiting can go fast or slow depending on how many creatures I feed. I have a list of sleepers and as I visit it's easy to make changes to the list.

After visiting, I begin gifting with the lowest level players so that if they need backpack items I'm low on, they get them first. Those who have empty wish lists get nothing at the moment.

When I get to the end (highest level neighbor), I choose someone I've already gifted and hit 'gift.' This brings up a list of people I have not gifted. I choose a gift. For me, that's flints or ores on alternate days (I know Despina - LOLOL). Using my list of sleepers I can quickly gift those who are not sleeping but whose wish lists are empty. Easy and done in no time!

The issue of non- gifters and those who do not gift from my wish list, which always has free gifts, is thornier. I let those who ignore my wish list pass once or twice. People get busy. But if it continues, I in-game message them or send them something totally useless, ignoring their wish list. No response? Out they go. There are lots of good players out there to take their place.

As to people who do not gift - I admit I'm mostly unaware because I don't pay attention. Early on I kept a list of who gifted and who didn't. It got time consuming so I quit. But when I do notice I WILL pay attention and if it turns out to be chronic, again, out they go! I have a low level neighbor now who never gifts. I have stopped gifting her and when I get around to it, will delete her.

I hope this helps someone, or someone will tell me a better, easier way.

posted in Rooms of Memory on Sep 8, 17 8:44 PM
Prayers up!

Wave at us when you can to let us know you're safe!

posted in Rooms of Memory on Sep 8, 17 8:39 PM
Oh Alice, I was just thinking about you and you were on my mind last night as I watched the devastation Irma was leaving behind. I'm so thankful that you're OK!

My prayers are with those who have been and will be affected by Irma and the aftermath of Harvey. Also those who are suffering after the earthquake in Mexico and the fires in my state of Oregon and around the Pacific Northwest.

Gosh, Mother Nature has been really cranky this year!

Are you in the path of Jose?

posted in Rooms of Memory on Aug 25, 17 6:52 PM
Too funny rebjayne!!! I shall now look at doughnut sprinkles a lot more closely.

**Waffle Cone** not party hat.

posted in Rooms of Memory on Aug 14, 17 4:31 PM
Well, a curse on computers!! Wait - never mind....

Never fear, I've been pulling your weeds and feeding the cats. Lights on until you two get back.

Go to:   

KEY:    Unread    Read    Sticky    Locked    Announcement    Moved    Moderator