Posts created by Scottsteaux63

posted in Luxor Evolved on Apr 14, 18 11:36 AM
I've played all the Luxor games but somehow this one escaped my notice until a few days ago. I bought it sight unseen and I am simply AMAZED by it.

It has graphics that call to mind the old Atari games like Space Invaders and Asteroids but in VIVID colors. That would have been enough to make me buy it but it also has lots of action and the screens are a real treat for the eye.

"I can get the young centaur to the guard, but the trident disappears..."

Well you're doing better than I am; I can't rescue the young centaur at all. Tell me how you did it and if I can get to her father I'll let you know.

I know from the Guide that I have to rescue the young Centaur and return her to her father. Problem is she's in the fireplace and nothing I do will extricate her.

HELP.

I want to plant the seeds, but I need to dig a hole to do it and I cannot locate the shovel. Can anyone help me out?

It was the early Mystery Case Files that brought me to Big Fish Games in the first place. In the beginning just straightforward HO games, they evolved with the years and IMHO culminated with Dire Grove.

I have never seen live actors so well integrated into the narrative (and it looks like I won't be seeing it again in future), and the spooky and threatening atmosphere of the game itself gave me hours of delicious thrills.

It would be great to revisit Dire Grove.

posted in The Emptiness on Oct 9, 17 4:21 PM
LOL ~ At least you didn't get the noose; I got that the first four times I played!

posted in The Emptiness on Oct 8, 17 9:55 AM
I have found the O in Etranos before but now I can't locate it, Help.

posted in The Emptiness on Jul 10, 17 10:23 AM
I'm down to highlighted area in the hints but I am getting nowhere. I can go to the left side of the sofa but there's no highlighted area there so I don't know if I am simply on the wrong track or if it is the game itself.

Help!!

posted in Occultus: Mediterranean Cabal on Jul 9, 17 4:56 PM
The puzzle with the scale and the goblets is driving me nuts; no matter how I arrange the goblets the scales fall in EXACTLY the same manner.

If there is a trick to this I sure can't figure it out.

posted in Ghost in the Sheet on Apr 2, 17 8:28 AM
BFG used to have a walkthrough on nearly every game forum. I haven't seen one in months and it looks to me as if they have deleted them all.

I don't know why (care to answer that one, BigFish?), but what I do know is that there are certain games (like GIST) that I shall never get through with the help taken down.

posted in Azada ™: Ancient Magic on Oct 24, 16 5:05 PM
Okay I am about done with this. I am totally and hopelessly stuck on the blackboard puzzle in the Traveler chapter of the game. As I understand the instructions, I'm supposed to get the numbers to match both horizontally and vertically. I can do one or the other, but I cannot do both. And I am about to pull my hair out LOL

The game and your computer are no longer compatible. This is a common issue as people upgrade to a new OS. There are several games I can no longer play since upgrading. I play on a Mac and as far as I know no game has been updated to become compatible with a new operating system. Feel free to get in touch with tech support to tell them about your issue or to ask if there's a work around.

I wouldn't count too much on tech support. I upgraded from Windows 7 to Windows 10 only to find to my horror that among others Dire Grove™ was incompatible with the new OS and I had to go to another game club's website to get this information since BigFish has yet to admit it; instead if you contact tech support they will try to buy you off with a free game coupon and yammer about checking into the problem.

THEY ARE LYING TO YOU. This game and a good many others are NOT compatible with Windows 10 and there are no plans to MAKE them compatible with Windows 10. And I think the worst of it is that it took one of BFG's competitors to tell the truth about the compatibility issue. BFG is too interested in money.

I've been a Big Fish Games Club member since 2006 and over the course of the past ten years I have purchased well over five hundred games and if I had to pick just one favorite, it would be this one. Dire Grove™ is in a class by itself; not even 13th Skull and Shadow Lake, good as they both are, can quite equal the level of reality and spookiness of this superb game.

Oh and I love the parallels to the Blair Witch Project. PERFECT.

I could go on but I can't think of enough good things to say about this game; it's tremendous and I have lost count of how many times I have played it simply to immerse myself in the story another time.

posted in Granny in Paradise on Mar 29, 16 12:53 PM
There's one flower right in the middle on the top row that I cannot get to. No matter how fast I try to move left or right the umbrella won't keep granny high enough in the air to make this flower bloom. I've gone through the entire game several times and this is one place where I have not been able to figure it out. Has anyone else found the "secret" to this one?

When I discovered that my very favorite game, Dire Grove, would no longer play since I upgraded to Windows 10 (and OF COURSE it is WAY past the 30 day deadline to go back to Windows 7), I spent the better part of today trying to find answers and several of Big Fish's competitors have stated flatly that this game IS NOT COMPATIBLE WITH WINDOWS 10. And from what I can see no one is working to make it compatible. Also I have had some major technical problems with other games since the upgrade which of course Big Fish seems to think that handing me a coupon code for a free game is the be all and end all solution (GUESS WHAT, BIG FISH: IT'S NOT. I WANT THE GAMES I PAID FOR, NOT SOME GAME I HAVE TO SETTLE FOR BECAUSE YOU CAN'T ADMIT THAT THE PROBLEM IS BEYOND YOUR TECH SUPPORT PEOPLE).

Bottom line: I decided I had to go back to Windows 7. And since it is past the thirty-day mark, I had no choice but to spend over a hundred dollars on a Windows 7 disc.

I don't know who I am more pissed off at: Microsoft for building YET ANOTHER OPERATING SYSTEM THAT CAUSES MORE PROBLEMS THAN IT SOLVES, or Big Fish Games for NOT THINKING ENOUGH OF ITS CUSTOMERS TO GIVE THEM A HEADS UP ABOUT THE DIFFICULTIES WE WOULD HAVE WITH WINDOWS 10.

So BE WARNED: If you have not yet upgraded to Windows 10, THINK VERY CAREFULLY BEFORE YOU DO SO because in the ten years or so that I have been with BFG I have spent hundreds, perhaps thousands, of dollars on games and far too many of them are now useless to me.

Hey Folks,

Last night after reading this thread, I decided to Google the problem and according to ****, Dire Grove is INCOMPATIBLE WITH WINDOWS 10 and there is no plan in the works to make it compatible. I have sent the usual Dr Felix to Tech Support but it is starting to look as if I am going to have to go back to Windows 7. I have had nothing but problems running BF Games on Windows 10.

And BigFish: If you take down this post because I pointed other players to **** for revealing the secret you have been keeping, I swear before all I hold sacred that you will have lost a customer who has been buying games regularly for eleven years.

posted in The Emptiness on Mar 10, 16 10:09 AM
I love creepy games. The creepier the better. "The Emptiness" is one of the creepiest and most intriguing games BigFish has ever come out with. The simplicity of the gameplay is overshadowed by the difficulty in finding the clues needed to progress in the game.

It's linear, too, so that there are certain things that have to happen before you can take the next step. Most games these days are not strictly linear, so this makes "The Emptiness" all the more challenging.

I would love to see a sequel to this one. It's unlike anything else I've come across from BigFish

posted in Haunted Hotel: Phoenix Collector's Edition on Oct 11, 15 7:22 PM
I was playing the game just fine with no problems and then I found the chainsaw and filled it up with fuel, after which the game froze completely and I had to CTRL+ALT+DEL out of it.

I have tried it several times and the same thing happens.

This is really starting to get on my last nerve.

posted in Haunted Hotel: Phoenix Collector's Edition on Oct 11, 15 7:19 PM
bfgOkeechobee wrote:
Scubadoobiedoo wrote:The game downloaded but will not open on my Mac OS X Lion 10.7.5. It's an early 2008 macbook so cannot be upgraded.
Hey there Scubadoobiedoo,

Looking at the information on the product page, it looks like this particular Collector's Edition requires 10.8 and above.

Game System Requirements:
CPU: 2.5 GHz (INTEL ONLY)
RAM: 1024 MB
Hard Drive: 1315 MB

-bfgOkeechobee

Really? Then why does it say the following on the product page on my account:

OS: Windows XP/Windows Vista/Windows 7/Windows 8/Windows 10
CPU: 2.5 GHz
RAM: 1024 MB
DirectX: 9.0
Hard Drive: 1479 MB

posted in Maze: Subject 360 Collector's Edition on Sep 5, 15 2:48 PM
If there's trouble with getting Maze: Subject 360 Collector's Edition to work correctly, we highly recommend going to our Help pages. Using our Help pages is always the quickest way to get technical problems resolved.

Your Help pages were useless and when I finally sent an email to the Support team I received a reply sending me back to the Help pages! And I was asked for a Dr Felix report which I had already sent so I sent it again.

What is happening to BigFish? Time was you emailed Customer Support and you heard back from a real live person with an actual name. Now you get a form letter sending you back to the Help center when anyone with half a brain who read my first email would know I had already been there and had no success.

I am disgusted right now. Honestly, BigFish, is this what you call Customer Service?

Go to:   

KEY:    Unread    Read    Sticky    Locked    Announcement    Moved    Moderator