Posts created by lordofys

posted in Myths of the World: Love Beyond Collector's Edition on Feb 10, 18 9:24 PM
Got to the part where I needed to repair the key. I was unable to turn the note over, which is necessary to complete the task. I restarted with a new profile. When I clicked on the note the second time it did turn over. That allowed me to complete the task and continue with the game. After completing the game, I went back with the original profile, still could not turn the note over.

This is one very buggy game. In one of the early HO's, the one with runes under the objects, the last rune would not respond to my mouse click. I had to exit the scene and reenter it. Then the game (and my computer) froze during one of the ring puzzles. Later when I would click on an object, I'd get "I need some.." Should have been "I need a..." or "I need an..." Also misspelled word in an HO list. I could not figure out what a "strow" was. It should have been "straw." All this should have been fixed in Beta. I did finish the game. But then all I could do was shake my head.

GreyGhost wrote:
bfgArinelle wrote:Hey Everyone,

It sounds like the cursor is vanishing for some or our players with the Mac version of the game. It's possible the custom cursor isn't getting along well with the system and is having trouble displaying. If at all possible, it may help to access the Options menu right after the opening scene ends and unchecking the Custom Icon box. We also recommend trying out the steps from our <a href="https://bigfishgames.zendesk.com/hc/en-us/articles/231116928">Mac Game Troubleshooting</a> article, since they can be helpful for various display issues in Mac games.

Should these steps not resolve the issue, please send a message to our <a href="https://bigfishgames.zendesk.com/hc/en-us/articles/230538107">Technical Support Team</a> so they can offer additional assistance and help us effectively gather information about the issue. You can also PM me or another Moderator at any time. We'll be happy to provide any help we can.

bfgArinelle

Your suggestion is an OK one, except for one problem. When you turn off the custom cursor for the game and use your normal system cursor, you lose the ability to see where you need to look for something or do an action (the magnifying glass clue) because a system cursor doesn't show you areas like this. And while this may be a nice fix for the issue, the real issue is that they need to fix the glitch with the cursor, or ensure that ANY cursor will give you the hints you need to find things in the game. I have all the Redemption Cemetery games, and have never had these types of issues in the past. I am running the new High Sierra OS for Mac, and have had some other issues that I'm still trying to get fixed with Apple, but that doesn't release the game developers from fixing issues when they are pointed out but numerous players.

The problem is not High Sierra. I'm still running El Capitan, and I had the same problem.

rjohn82677 wrote:I HAD THE SAME ISSUE: CURSOR DISAPPEARED!

WHAT IS THE PROBLEM? Had to to turn off my computer to exit the game.

I had the same problem. Instead of shutting down, just force quit. (Option, Command and Esc.) I had to do this, I think, four times to get through the game.

posted in Haunted Legends: The Black Hawk Collector's Edition on Mar 11, 17 9:47 PM
There doesn't seem to be any clues to the setting for these. I just kept hitting the hint button and moving the glyph until the hint said to move on. Do that with each glyph. I know, it's a pain. Maybe I missed some clue somewhere.

posted in Haunted Legends: The Black Hawk Collector's Edition on Mar 11, 17 9:36 PM
At the end I found the gem off to the side of Julian. There were several bricks with glyphs on them. Tried clicking on them nothing happened. Because it was late, I hit the hint button. I got the message, "I'm not that desperate." Which means there was nothing I could do there at the time. I put the gem in the empty hole on the wall. Out came the urn. Put the Dark Essence in it. Boom, end of game. So, what were those bricks (with the glyphs) all about?

posted in Haunted Train: Clashing Worlds Collector's Edition on Dec 18, 16 9:42 PM
lordofys wrote:Same problem with Tram. magnifier dissappeared. 5K iMac with 10.11.6.

So, it's been two weeks and still no fix. What's up?

posted in Haunted Train: Clashing Worlds Collector's Edition on Dec 18, 16 9:40 PM
lordofys wrote:Same problem with Tram. magnifier dissappeared. 5K iMac with 10.11.6.

So, it's been two weeks and still no fix. What's up?

posted in Mystery Trackers: Queen of Hearts Collector's Edition on Dec 18, 16 9:38 PM
lordofys wrote:Playing on an iMac w/10.11.6. In the bonus chapter I found all 4 parts to the Eerie Amulet. But only three show up in my inventory. I can't go further without the missing part. Also, the hint button does not work in the Surveillance Room. May be related.

OK, I reset the Bonus Chapter. It played through fine. I don't know why it glitched the first time through.

posted in Mystery Trackers: Queen of Hearts Collector's Edition on Dec 18, 16 6:44 PM
Playing on an iMac w/10.11.6. In the bonus chapter I found all 4 parts to the Eerie Amulet. But only three show up in my inventory. I can't go further without the missing part. Also, the hint button does not work in the Surveillance Room. May be related.

posted in Haunted Train: Clashing Worlds Collector's Edition on Dec 2, 16 7:43 PM
Same problem with Tram. magnifier dissappeared. 5K iMac with 10.11.6.

Like the other Mac users, the game crashed repeatedly. The last time, I was in what I assume was the final scene. When I restarted, instead of starting just a little back from where the crash recurred, I got the message that I had successfully completed the main game. I really don't know if I missed any last tasks or not. Also, when I got to the little cabin protected by the lances tied together, the scissors I had obtained from a previous HOS were no longer in my inventory. I went back to where that HOS was, but it was no longer available. I had to restart the game all over under a new profile. It was a really nice game. But it would have been a lot more fun without the glitches.

Has anyone else had trouble downloading the fix for this game? The Game Manager shows no updates available. I using an iMac w/OS 10.11.6.

I did use the feather first. Then put the sewing machine emblem in place. HOG opens then game crashes. Brand new iMac with up to date system software. 10.11.6 Looks like a fix is necessary.

I followed barelyberlee's advice. It worked. Obviously there's still a bug in the game. But if you follow her advice, you can complete the bonus chapter. I did.

Same problem as others. When I try to use the Skull tokens (or whatever they are) to open the satchel, the game quits. Retried several times. Same result. I'm playing it on an iMac with OS 10.11.4 (the latest version).

I don't know about the Windows version, but in the Mac version you have to start over with a new player. I made it all the way through without a hitch. But one last beef. The Bonus Game ended rather abruptly with no clear resolution. Is this what's supposed to happen? Or is something still missing?

The update DOES fix the Mac version. But you have to start over with a new player. Maybe this is also true with Windows. I don't know about that. Went all the way through the bonus chapter without a hitch.

Still can't open the scroll. Do I have to start all over?

Just opened The Game Manager. Found an update for this game. Still downloading, so I don't know if everything is fixed. But why is there no mention of this here?

Go to:   

KEY:    Unread    Read    Sticky    Locked    Announcement    Moved    Moderator