Posts created by xmassnowmen

posted in True Detective Solitaire on Jun 6, 15 12:13 AM
I liked the various layouts and found out I could only win some by buying (lots) of wild cards.
BUT..what are all the detective mysteries that you are supposed to solve? Please would like the answer. Please see my post under the game in the forum for what I found out.

posted in True Detective Solitaire on Jun 2, 15 3:00 PM
Ok what is the detective story? Anyone have a good answer?
It seems that it is about someone or something being taken from the museum. There is blood on the criminal's floor. A person escapes from jail, perhaps to help look for something and ransack the scene of the crime. The attic spotlights a miniature stage. The fortune teller spotlights a female doll. There is a lovely lady in chains.
And the street light points to an old theater. There is something green inside a chest of some kind and an unusual pair of tongs up one of the pillars. The platform has two golden statues.
I finished the Newby run through hoping that at the end I would get some clues.
I enjoyed the different layouts and the music was great. Some very easy, some very hard. There were toppled drink cups in a lot of the first scenes.
Ok. Help!

posted in True Detective Solitaire on Jun 2, 15 2:59 PM
Ok what is the detective story? Anyone have a good answer?
It seems that it is about someone or something being taken from the museum. There is blood on the criminal's floor. A person escapes from jail, perhaps to help look for something and ransack the scene of the crime. The attic spotlights a miniature stage. The fortune teller spotlights a female doll. There is a lovely lady in chains.
And the street light points to an old theater. There is something green inside a chest of some kind and an unusual pair of tongs up one of the pillars. The platform has two golden statues.
I finished the Newby run through hoping that at the end I would get some clues.
I enjoyed the different layouts and the music was great. Some very easy, some very hard. There were toppled drink cups in a lot of the first scenes.
Ok. Help!

posted in Roads of Rome on Feb 8, 14 3:47 PM
See my discussion on STRATEGY TO GET ANY LEVEL and this is at Expert.

Works every time!

posted in Roads of Rome on Feb 8, 14 3:41 PM
I just put up a new discussion that will get you Expert on any level with time to spare.
The trick is to not build your farm, quarry, gold, and wood past the 2 level!
Build up the camp and especially the storage early to the max.

The reason that this works is that it takes 10 seconds to build the next level, and then the delivery times are upped from 14 sec. to 19 to 21. You loose a lot of time and make it up and more with the storage resource bonuses and the quicker delivery.

Enjoy getting Expert

posted in Roads of Rome on Feb 7, 14 11:57 AM
Sorry, meant Roads to Rome. And you get the level at EXPERT.

posted in Roads of Rome on Feb 7, 14 11:56 AM
On the bonus level to Roads of Rome II there is a tip that works for all levels on the Roads of Roam also.

ONLY BUILD YOUR SAWMILL, FARM, GOLD, AND QUARRY TO THE 2 LEVEL.

BUILD YOUR STORAGE TO MAX AND YOUR CAMP TO MAX AS SOON AS POSSIBLE.

The reason that this works is that you waste 10 sec. each time you upgrade a building and the time for delivery goes from 14 sec to 19 to 21 seconds.
With the storage you make up for the lost items with additional resource and you get the wood, gold etc. so much faster. It really is easier...not so much to plan for and you get expert with time to spare. Just be careful...it is so easy to see the green plus signs that you want to upgrade. Resist the temptation!!

Have fun getting expert

Go to:   

KEY:    Unread    Read    Sticky    Locked    Announcement    Moved    Moderator