Posts created by LynthePin

posted in Midnight Castle on May 3, 14 2:45 AM
I put this on a different thread, but it fits here better.

A TIP

If you get a dream wheel one day and spend your max on it, but just miss out on the stuff you really wanted, you can keep the contents of that wheel for the next day.

Just go back to the dream wheel just before it gets daily refreshed and open it. Watch the timer count down to zero. The next spin will be your free one and the next one 100 and so on, and the items on the wheel do not refresh.

So you get a second chance at the same wheel.

BUT

Once you get that dream item and close the wheel, it will refresh and you will get new items, but the cost of each spin does not reset to zero. So if your last spin on the dream wheel cost 1000 say, the new wheel's first spin will cost 1100.

If you ever get a dream wheel, this is worth doing.

posted in Midnight Castle on May 2, 14 12:44 PM
A TIP

If you get a dream wheel one day and spend your max on it, but just miss out on the stuff you really wanted, you can keep the contents of that wheel for the next day.

Just go back to the dream wheel just before it gets daily refreshed and open it. Watch the timer count down to zero. The next spin will be your free one and the next one 100 and so on, and the items on the wheel do not refresh.

So you get a second chance at the same wheel.

BUT

Once you get that dream item and close the wheel, it will refresh and you will get new items, but the cost of each spin does not reset to zero. So if your last spin on the dream wheel cost 1000 say, the new wheel's first spin will cost 1100.

If you ever get a dream wheel, this is worth doing.

posted in Midnight Castle on Apr 14, 14 2:57 PM
That minstrel scene "amulets" looked pretty intricate.

A bag or pouch has replaced the runes and it also looked like a timed quest was available,

Bring it on !!

posted in Midnight Castle on Apr 13, 14 5:57 AM
That's axiomatic.

posted in Midnight Castle on Apr 4, 14 1:38 AM
A Guy Marks song from 1968

Loving you has made me bananas

Oh, your red scarf matches your eyes
You closed your cover before striking
Father had the shipfitter blues
Loving you has made me bananas.
Oh, you burned your fingers that evening
While my back was turned.
I asked the waiter for iodine
But I dined all alone.

posted in Midnight Castle on Apr 4, 14 1:34 AM
Perhaps the, at present. useless friend gift boxes could contain a token which we could exchange at the store for items or diamonds.

But that would make the game FAR too easy.

posted in Midnight Castle on Apr 3, 14 1:13 PM
He reminds me of a squabbit from Awakening Kingdoms. An ugly squabbit, with a botched nose job, but the similarities are there.

posted in Midnight Castle on Apr 2, 14 8:46 AM
AND THEN...........

You have one more rune to find to get you into the secret chamber. The keeper sends you to find it from only TWO people, the witch and Henry. The tension mounts.

The witch has 4 quests, yes you've guessed it, the first one sends you back to the bow figure. My son Aary is still doing that one but he had a quick look at Henry's quest ........... but that is unavailable until the next upgrade.

SMACK SMACK SMACK ( that's the sound of his head hitting the wall )

This game. I believe, is written by Russians and it is SO Russian in it's ethos. Don't get me wrong, I've met some fantastic Russians, but I have been to Molensk. The most exciting thing to do there was to go down to the Co-op and watch the bacon slicer.

Ho hum comrades.

posted in Midnight Castle on Mar 27, 14 4:05 AM
May I ask what level you got to before this happened? Does this happen after you get all the runes?

Some more details would be great as once I get near to your point, I'll probably just slow down rather than keep on questing.

posted in Midnight Castle on Mar 18, 14 3:56 PM
My son Aary has used 2 on the Pirate standard and it did not give him the mirror of embarrassment,

He now has another two and is refusing to waste them until the game is restored to sanity.

If Elephant games wanted to slow us down then they have done a pretty good job,

Just a pity its wrecked the game.

posted in Midnight Castle on Mar 18, 14 3:54 AM
The clues for further updates have always been there. Look at the achievements table. They have built in an achievement for crafting 20 pets. We're only about half way to that.

The amount of quests to achieve is 1000. Again, only half way there.

The gift boxes for friends that no one can use, for the moment.

This game has multiple roll outs. Elephant were caught out by how fast we completed the first tranche so have slowed us down deliberately imo to buy them time to get the next one ready.

Seems that some people have beaten them to it again.

posted in Midnight Castle on Mar 13, 14 6:35 AM
I understand you completely Cynthia.

Perhaps I wouldn't have used the word "magic" but the balance has gone, that's for sure.

Elephant gave this game to BF in an unfinished state thinking they had plenty of time to roll out an update later. They underestimated us.

There are still updates to come I am sure, but not to get caught out again and to slow us down, they have spoilt the balance of the game which made it so enjoyable.

It is now frustrating and tedious.

I won't delete, but I will be just dropping in when I feel like it, not doing the quests but perhaps looking at some of the new achievements instead.

My son plays as Aary94. He's already making claims on my inventory. Throw some stuff his way if you can. It'll keep him off my back I hope.

posted in Midnight Castle on Mar 8, 14 4:21 AM
Yes thanks for that BF.

posted in Midnight Castle on Feb 25, 14 3:12 PM
This has been done already.

posted in Midnight Castle on Feb 18, 14 8:38 AM
Your friend ID code would be useful here don't you think?

posted in Midnight Castle on Feb 13, 14 8:51 AM
To get to the troll you need a torch in your inventory.

You get this from the crypt, the half open coffin.

You then go to the bailey where the iron knight stands.

You click on the shield to the right of him,

If you have the torch and the cash, click ok, the area opens and you proceed to the troll.

posted in Midnight Castle on Feb 12, 14 12:52 AM
Nothing.

It may be hatchable in a later version of this game, but for now, use it as a paperweight.

posted in Midnight Castle on Feb 4, 14 12:34 AM
I'm bumping this back to the front page as not everyone realises there are more than one page of threads.

LizzieK - I may be wrong, but doesn't the restore point change your OS only? I don't think it turns back the clock on programs.

I did try and change the date on my computer as some games, like Found, can be fooled by this. It takes the bios date as the time basis, so if you move it forward a day, it gives you another daily bonus and 24 hours of energy.

Not so with Midnight Castle. It must use the server for its time frame.

posted in Midnight Castle on Feb 4, 14 12:08 AM
I'm out.

Lynthepin ID 26263

posted in Midnight Castle on Feb 1, 14 2:27 AM
So....going back to my original post, does everyone agree that what i suggested is sensible for people still playing?

Go to:   

KEY:    Unread    Read    Sticky    Locked    Announcement    Moved    Moderator