Posts created by lady_sabelle

posted in Sunken Secrets on Jul 23, 17 10:06 PM

posted in Sunken Secrets on Jun 11, 17 12:50 AM
I'm only on the leader board because I saved all the balloon boxes for a week. I stop collecting metals when I hit a pearl somewhere around 11 to 13 metals per reward. Checking through the other markets on the board, a lot seem to have empty markets. I only ever buy one or two items from any given market when I do go shopping since I know how frustrating it is to deal with greedy players. It's difficult to see so many who aren't as considerate.

posted in Sunken Secrets on Jun 10, 17 9:52 PM
It's so sad (and frustrating) how these weekend events increase the greedy nature of so many players. Not only do my markets get raided, but every friend and follower has been picked clean as well. I don't know why I even try anymore. Sigh.

posted in Sunken Secrets on May 28, 17 6:32 PM
mdpetdoc wrote:
I wish during an event we also earned a medal for every item purchased by another player then more people who put items in their markets.

Wonderful idea!!!

posted in Sunken Secrets on May 28, 17 4:56 PM
Thing is, it's not just annoying for the sellers. When I'm out looking for a specific item and market after market has been bought out by a single player or two, it's just as annoying. Everyone is desperate for items when there's an event, but it makes the sellers who are generous enough to put things into their markets during events less likely to keep refilling them.

posted in Sunken Secrets on May 28, 17 1:48 PM
mdpetdoc wrote:
I want to add than you may also get the papers (temporary slots) from some of the balloons.

Thanks. I had realized I'd forgotten to include them, but didn't feel like making a third post in a row.

posted in Sunken Secrets on May 27, 17 1:29 AM
Just wanted to add that you start out with 2 open slots on all machines, then spend pearls to increase that to 5. They form the top row of the queue. The bottom row slots are all temp slots.

posted in Sunken Secrets on May 27, 17 1:27 AM
You can buy up to 5 normal (permanent) slots in the machine queue then use blueprint papers to open 4 temp slots. (these are tan colored papers that never show up in your inventory) You get the papers sometimes from filling villager requests, or from the star boost (taller star gazer tower), or by spending pearls.

posted in Sunken Secrets on Apr 18, 17 1:32 AM
I've stopped refilling my market as often because I got tired of being annoyed by players I feel are greedy. During the last two PC events most of my friends and followers didn't bother to fill their markets at all. Though I can understand the reasons behind it, it made me question my desire to help anyone if I was just going to be taken advantage of. Especially when I'd see their names high on the leader board. Much of my motivation to play has gone. So as others have said, until a new content update appears, my market is not going to be as stocked a target as it once was.

posted in Sunken Secrets on Mar 31, 17 12:15 PM
If we can also unblock players, I'm all for it. That way you can give players a 1 day ban as a warning. That might be all it takes to get them to stop the abuse. And if they don't, you can block them a second time. Some players may not read the forums to realize that their behavior is upsetting other players.

posted in Sunken Secrets on Mar 29, 17 1:05 PM
You need to collect magic from the wedding cake you received. Check the store if you haven't placed it yet. Once you've collected enough you'll get a response from the lady.

posted in Sunken Secrets on Mar 28, 17 1:03 PM
I wonder if the reason some of us are so annoyed with this problem, and others are not, has something to do with how often players check/refill their markets. If I only checked my market a couple of times a day I probably wouldn't care as much who bought what and I wouldn't know that I was cleaned out 5 minutes after I filled it.

So a couple of quick questions: How many times a day do you usually check your market/game progress/other island markets? (If more than 10 times, "a lot" is sufficient) Do you agree or disagree with the complaint some players have about buyers who buy out markets?

I'll start: I check my game "a lot" and I agree it's a problem.

posted in Sunken Secrets on Mar 27, 17 8:29 PM
I'm at 1.3million so I don't know that there's a cap.

posted in Sunken Secrets on Mar 27, 17 1:48 PM
Welcome to the forums, Happyrescuer1. To unfollow someone, go to their island. Next to their name at the top of the screen you'll see a telescope with a green check mark. Click that to unfollow.

posted in Sunken Secrets on Mar 27, 17 1:46 PM
Jfra29 Welcome to the forums. We're all in the same boat waiting for a new content update. They never give us advanced notification on when they will release updates, though there have been hints that it will be either "soon" or "in a little while" which could mean anything. So you can take the opportunity to play something else or start stockpiling and working on achievements.

posted in Sunken Secrets on Mar 26, 17 5:27 PM
I wasn't apologizing for the opinion, just that my frustration means I am a little too forceful sometimes trying to get my point across. It's just hard to take the argument that "Since I don't see that as a problem, it must not be one."

posted in Sunken Secrets on Mar 26, 17 3:22 PM
I guess, since arguing doesn't seem to help matters and so many players don't agree that it's even a problem, I'll just have to go back to selling oranges in baskets of those that I feel are abusing my good intentions. I'm sorry if my opinion offending anyone. I was just trying to raise awareness that not everyone appreciates having their markets cleaned out. With any luck, the developers will get new content released before we lose too many more players and we'll have happier things to focus on.

posted in Sunken Secrets on Mar 26, 17 1:50 PM
That is why the Market Etiquette topic was started. You can see which market owners get frustrated with players who come in buying everything up. You say that it's hard to understand why players are frustrated. I wonder why the idea of sharing is so foreign? When I offer a plate of cookies to a room full of kids, and one or two run forward and take all the cookies before anyone else get some, that makes me angry. I feel bad for all the kids that missed out. So I bring out a new batch, those same 2 kids run forward and take all the cookies again. And I can do NOTHING to stop them. That's the worse part. I have two choices, stop offering cookies or ask kids to think about why I'm angry and plead with them to stop on their own. If I had a way to control the "rules" in my market, I wouldn't voice my dissatisfaction on the forums. The forums are our only real recourse.

posted in Sunken Secrets on Mar 23, 17 7:28 PM
Just click on the store (bottom left corner) and you can find your item. As Kristi said, you just put it in storage and it won't cost you anything to pull it out again. I like to store all my seasonal items so I've got a lot that has been put away.

posted in Sunken Secrets on Mar 21, 17 11:12 PM
Is your storage at 1000? Because that's the highest it can go at the moment. That may change in future... but for now you're stuck at 1000.

Go to:   

KEY:    Unread    Read    Sticky    Locked    Announcement    Moved    Moderator