Posts created by Marjasinstar

posted in Rooms of Memory on Feb 20, 15 10:14 PM
mommerj wrote:Marj, so sorry to hear about your current trouble. Know that we will still be here when you get things straightened out and can come back to play. Stay safe!
Thank you so much. A few people already know about this. The ex has been stalking me. I had hoped they hadn't gotten to my computer, but it appears they did. My husband's browsers and internet work just fine, but I can't access anything on mine except for this forum. I refuse to let them do this to me. I will be back. I will miss you all. Peace until then.

posted in Rooms of Memory on Feb 20, 15 8:21 PM
I can't play the game right now. To fill you in, my ex boyfriend and his new girlfriend hacked my last computer. The FBI are involved in the case, named them both as defendants, and took that computer into their computer forensics lab for analysis. And tonight once again my current computer refuses to load. I am pretty sure they found me and are doing this just to harass me. So, for now, I won't be able to gift anyone, help in expeditions or play the game. I am so sorry this happened.

posted in Rooms of Memory on Feb 20, 15 5:52 PM
Wow, Sunflash, I am impressed. Very cool way to keep track of your neighbors. Mine isn't nearly that detailed. I have two lists. First list I created eons ago. I fold a sheet of paper in half. It is kept to the left of my keyboard within easy reach. On the top I list the date and number of players. On the left, I list those I have given backpack items. On the right I list sleepers. I have about 20-30 more neighbors than 100 free gifts, so I count out the sleepers and then calculate how many active people will go without free gifts that day, chose who that will be, then circle those on the left that I gave a backpack item to but not a free gift. At the bottom, I list people I deleted or added that day and people I am watching (people who haven't gifted me or who come and go in the game). This way everyone who is active either gets a backpack item or a free gift or both.

Then every so often, I make a different list. Depends on my mood and if I have accepted a lot of new neighbors. I list people alphabetically. I put a slash next to their name for a free gift, a + if it is a backpack item, a * if it is a paid item. I then see who is active but hasn't gifted me and put them at the bottom of the first list, to keep an eye on tem. If they don't gift me within a certain number of days, I delete them. But well, that depends on how long they have been my neighbor, whether or not I know they are unable to play due to real life, etc. Some neighbors never get questioned. They are people I know I can trust. I don't really watch if they gift me or not. I know they will if they are around. So I cut them slack. I know that they would do the same for me.

So it is an intricate dance. I have some players that I do not ever have to think twice about. I have others that I do. Especially new players that I have added.

Oh and I hate to have to do this, but there was a time a few months ago when it seemed I was giving out a whole lot more free and BP gifts than I was receiving. So I was forced to watch players' gifting patterns and realized I need to delete those players who could not be bothered to gift me back. It freed up space for other players who were more in tune with the way I felt about gifting. And now I have a very happy neighborhood of players who help me and who I help in return.

posted in Rooms of Memory on Feb 20, 15 1:26 PM
Is it just me or is this offer generating a boatload of ghosts in Paris? Not that I am complaining because they give out great pieces for various talismans. Just never seen so many ghosts in Paris before.

posted in Rooms of Memory on Feb 20, 15 12:56 PM
tramserran wrote:Somewhere I read that there is a thread to post when someone is starting an expedition and/or needs help at the last minute. Newbies don't know where that is! I found it once but it only had a post from June - nothing recent.
Just an FYI...I don't generally jump to the Community page unless I am looking for something specifically. I'm not sure about others but perhaps a thread about expedition help isn't the best way to get help from your neighbors?
Thank You to all of my neighbors for making my journey on RoM so fabulous!
The thread is here: http://forums.bigfishgames.com/posts/list/276881.page
A few of us try to keep it on the first page.

I can't speak for everyone, but I do know that many players keep the forum (Community) page open and refer to it while playing the game. I found early on that it is the best way to stay current with the game and stay current with your fellow forum members. It is the best place to talk with other players (using the My Messages area) And also, the best place to find out if there is a new offer, a glitch in the game, if the site is down, if a neighbor is going to be absent, and if anyone is experiencing any problems or needs help with the game. The friends that I have made I have found through our conversations on the forum. I consider the forum an integral part of the game. I keep it open in a tab on my IE, right next to my game and constantly refer to it to see if anything new has popped up.

posted in Rooms of Memory on Feb 20, 15 12:38 PM
A special congratulations to two wonderful neighbors who came to Big Fish Games after their German website closed down:

Congratulations to Spiru3 for reaching level 300!

and

Congratulations to Bange2 for reaching level 200!

posted in Rooms of Memory on Feb 20, 15 12:02 PM
Lisa_Coarcaazco wrote:I just noticed that my new neighbor Lilybells is at level 203.

Congratulations Lilybells on reaching level 200!

clm5457 wrote:Congratulations to Vernonia25 for reaching level 300

We have been neighbors for a long time.

Congratulations to two sweet neighbors, Lily and Vernonia!!!!

posted in Rooms of Memory on Feb 20, 15 10:56 AM
matador9 wrote: Please add my name

Matador9

I am actually at 165, but just found this link. Love the game.

Congratulations, Matador9!!! Welcome to the forums and welcome to the Century Club!!!!

posted in Rooms of Memory on Feb 19, 15 10:50 PM
ponypack wrote:Anybody got an estimate on how long it takes for the average person to become a good player?
One day. If you come into this game trying your best, that's all it takes.

posted in Rooms of Memory on Feb 19, 15 1:30 PM
Clashfan78 wrote:
I know it's a great tip but I suddenly got the visual of a bunch of gamers with air pillows under their arms....couldn't help but giggle a bit.

We would all look like the angels that we are.

posted in Rooms of Memory on Feb 19, 15 1:25 PM
Something Lisa said is very very important and should be added to that list above:

Don't let your expedition fail. That is the biggest thing that will cause people to shy away from helping you the next time. If it does fail, write those who helped and promise that it will succeed the next time you hold one, even if it means you pay for your own gems. Believe or not, people remember those who fail at expeditions. Especially those people who seem to hold a expedition, watch it fail, then immediately after, hold another one just to watch it fail again. I will be hesitant to help them again unless I see that the expedition has a chance of succeeding. I'm more understanding of the player who may have had one fail, but asked for help and didn't get enough, is new to expeditions, or wrote to explain what happened.

posted in Rooms of Memory on Feb 19, 15 1:05 PM
rheashard2 wrote: PS an air pillow like those used in tubs placed under arm pits will do wonders for those shoulders.
Oh my gosh, what a great idea. I got whiplash years ago. Darned thing returns from time to time. The pillows would force the shoulders to stay aligned, force me to sit up straighter while playing. Thanks for the great tip, Rheashard.

posted in Rooms of Memory on Feb 19, 15 12:30 PM
clm5457 wrote:Congratulations to a great neighbor starmagicgreen on reaching level 700

way to go star

Awesome job, Star!!!!

posted in Rooms of Memory on Feb 19, 15 11:33 AM
SunFlash wrote:Some of my neighbors who are new players are starting to hold expeditions and I wanted them to be able to find this thread so they can get some good advice. It was already on page 5 so I'm bumping it up.

How funny, I was just going to repost this. Several of my neighbors held failed expedition after failed expedition last night. Thanks for saving me the trouble, Sunflash.

Excellent advice, Lisa. And hey, thanks everyone for the kind words, but I must confess that I am only passing on information that others passed onto me when I first started playing. People who are no longer around who made such great sense that I wrote it all down for future reference.

posted in Rooms of Memory on Feb 19, 15 9:07 AM
I have carpal tunnel syndrome and it started acting up when I began playing this game. I then went to my sports doctor who told me it had to do with ergonomics, the positioning of my desk and computer equipment to minimize pain and maximize productivity. If you google the word ergonomics (along with mouse or keyboard), you will find several medical articles on the subject. You need to have your desk, chair, keyboard, and mouse positioned so that you are bending your wrists as little as possible. Once I fixed the height of my chair, the height of the keyboard tray on my desk, and bought a good keyboard wrist red pad, I no longer have any problem.

There are special mouses (mice?) out there for people with hand problems. My daughter has one that she wraps her hand around to use, rather than it laying flat on the mouse pad. Sort of like a game controller only it is a mouse. She also uses a squeeze ball to strengthen her hand muscles.

There are also mouseless computer programs out there, but I haven't had the need to try any. You might want to look into them.

posted in Rooms of Memory on Feb 19, 15 8:33 AM
achumannfaery wrote:Having two surgeries tomorrow 2/20/15 Not sure how long will take to recuperate. I may not gift/play for several days and may even fall asleep. I apologize for the inconvenience and will be back as soon as possible. Thanks to all my wonderful neighbors for being supportive.
Oh my gosh, you sweet thing. Don't apologize for any inconvenience. Know you are in thoughts and prayers of many of your friends here on ROM. I hope all goes well.

posted in Rooms of Memory on Feb 18, 15 9:01 PM
cincysweetie wrote:So, I have a few neighbors (yes, more than 1) that still have those blue Xmas presents from the Christmas Fair on their wishlist. In fact, I have one neighbor who has five of them. Is it a glitch? Are they just ignoring their wish list altogether and have never bothered to update their list? And if that's the case, should I bother to even send them gifts? It seems like the folks that don't spend time updating their wishlist don't really care much about the gifting... although I will say that one of the neighbors that has a rack of Xmas present requests is a regular player. I feed their dragons, they are leveling up, and they gift back. So for that reason, I do err on the side of gifting... so I'm just curious why they wouldn't switch those out? Any thoughts?

Have you written them to ask them why? If they don't bother to write back, I'd dump them as a neighbor. If they do write back, maybe you could enlighten them about how it is impossible for you to send them the gift at this time and how you'd love to help them with the game, but can't since they don't put anything on their wishlist that you can send them.

posted in Rooms of Memory on Feb 18, 15 4:31 PM
Thank you, Star and tdskm, for your kind thoughts. Right now, I am able to play the game. But I'm in limbo waiting on real life things. Once those things heat up, it will greatly cut into my playing time. No worries, my family, dogs, and I are fine.

posted in Rooms of Memory on Feb 18, 15 1:12 PM
Congratulations to all who placed 1st, 2nd, and 3rd in this week's Legends!!!

And a very special congratulations to a sweet friend and neighbor, Clashfan78, on her five 1st place wins, taking 1st in each one of the ghost categories.

Way to go, everyone!!!!

posted in Rooms of Memory on Feb 18, 15 9:44 AM
I have had something major come up in real life, so I won't be around on the game too much for the next several days. I will make sure to gift every day, but most likely won't be able to help with expeditions, etc.

Go to:   

KEY:    Unread    Read    Sticky    Locked    Announcement    Moved    Moderator